It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cringe Moment: "Look who is leaving, all the black people."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The director of a Georgia school apologized for calling out "all the black people" who left a graduation ceremony during the valedictorian's speech.

Nancy Gordeuk, director of TNT Academy in Stone Mountain, was recorded making the controversial remark toward the end of Friday's ceremony.

The valedictorian was giving his speech at the end because she forgot to introduce him earlier in the program, Gordeuk told CNN in an email.

The video shows Gordeuk standing at the podium in front of a live microphone as she says, "You people are being so rude, to not listen to this speech."

As commotion grows in the audience, she blurts out, "Look who's leaving, all the black people," prompting cries from the audience and an even larger exodus.

www.cnn.com...

Perhaps next time she should be more selective in her thinking before speaking, obviously not "all the black people" were leaving, but with this one comment she inspired them, and possibly everyone to leave.

What do you think?

edit on 9-5-2015 by Lysergic because: SHE FERGOT HIS SPEECH, I FERGOT TO PUT LINK!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The EX-director should take up gardening, and get a clue.

+20 more 
posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Maybe , she just said what she seen?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24

Maybe , she just said what she seen?

Its clear by the tone shes applying stern sarcasm, implying that it was no surprise that it was the black people that were being rude.

I think that it really does sound like a closet racist letting slip her feelings towards the black students of the school.

+10 more 
posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Again! Maybe, she just said what she seen?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Priceless.
From what I could see the majority of the audience were of African descent.
It is Georgia.
That was so stupid it was funny.
I'd bet a dollar she was drunk.
Was that Pam from 'Archer?'
edit on 9-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That message was brought to you by dumb rednecks of America yes we are everywhere! (sigh)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Priceless.
From what I could see the majority of the audience were of African descent.
It is Georgia.
That was so stupid it was funny.
I'd bet a dollar she was drunk.
Was that Pam from 'Archer?'

Rotf

Post of the day!!!!!

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

That awkward moment when you realize that maybe young black people are right when they say they aren't treated fairly at school.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

That awkward moment when you realize that maybe young black people are right when they say they aren't treated fairly at school.

I wonder what she found so unsurprising by the black students leaving?

Something that just occurred to me:

Perhaps the black students had been the racists towards her during their attendance at the school through the years and therefore didnt care to hear the white womans speech?
edit on b0303805 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I think she just considers black people rude and not interested in education.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I think she just considers black people rude and not interested in education.

What does this kids speech have to do with their education? Over half of the kids in my graduating class had already left by the time the speeches started. This is graduation which means there is a major party waiting somewhere.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Racist says something..yet there are still people in here who blame the blacks for her words..ugh

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

We do not have the right to decide what any thing another person says means. It is not "obvious" because you're not in her mind.

Maybe she said what she saw.

You know, I have this shirt that I wore yesterday. It's got rolly polly people shapes colored black and white- and they're all stuck together like paper dolls. It's an old shirt from probably the 60s.

Some Fhead said I was wearing a "racist shirt"

Can we all just get over ourselves now? Don't project your feelings onto others.

+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What does this kids speech have to do with their education?

Well presumably it would be about their education seeing as it was a speech being given at a celebration of their educational accomplishments...

I have a feeling this woman is far more qualified than most of us to comment on the behavior of black students in her area. Even if she does sound like an asshole.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

originally posted by: Hushabye

Maybe she said what she saw.

But what was the purpose of saying the racist? If it was a Black person saying, "look at all these White people", people would still be offended and point out the racist. It's inappropriate to say something like that at a school/workplace.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I wont comment on what she said, but damn the crowds reaction was priceless.

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have 2 kinds of green snakes in my yard and they look identical. One type likes the bite and is poisonous the other type is harmless. I've been bitten twice so from now on I avoid the snakes. I guess I'm racist because I don't like green snakes. I've been told that not all snakes are bad but after being bitten I don't want anything to do with them.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Yes, commenting on your surroundings is tantamount to lynching. Why have a brain if it is illegal to use it.

I suppose I must now recognize the "logic" of racistism.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I have 2 kinds of green snakes in my yard and they look identical. One type likes the bite and is poisonous the other type is harmless. I've been bitten twice so from now on I avoid the snakes. I guess I'm racist because I don't like green snakes. I've been told that not all snakes are bad but after being bitten I don't want anything to do with them.

Nope.

You'd be a speciest. LOL is that even a word? You'd be practicing speciesism.

Analogy fail.

Bonus round?

edit on 9-5-2015 by Lysergic because: M@#$F@#$N SNAAKEEES

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join