It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops May Lose Their Jobs For Arresting Rich Guy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 5/9/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Simple - money talks and BS walks......I see it every day where "safety" is compromised for commercial considerations but my industry will insist you put safety first......until moneybags weighs in and demands otherwise.

Same dog, different leg action.

Prison planet

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Wow yep. You know, around my town we recently cycled through a whole police force. I don't think it got any press but there were some things going down with some of the officers (one of them was a real piece of work who actually punched a minor in the face and was really roid-ragey) and I guess the D.A. got involved thanks to a good defense lawyer picking up on the police nastiness. Well, long story short somehow they actually made this one cop leave town. I don't really know what all happened but this cop who used to live in my neighborhood all of a sudden picked up camp and left. I assume this had to do with him writing repeated angry threatening letters to both me and my fiance (which, all we did was notify our lawyer about some shady crap that this guy did, which cost him his job). So yeah he 'had to move'. Whatever that means O.o.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Screw it, fire them-

Fire their bosses,

fire their bosses bosses,

all the way up the chain.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Proof there are straight cops.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Looks to me like people are changing and laying bare the evils of our society. I always wanted this to happen. I hope I'm around for the end result. The more people act in this manner, the more people will see the problems. You can't fix anything if you don't know about it.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Unless they can shoot a random homeless guy, which cancels-out arresting the rich guy.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Reporting this to the media is probably the best thing they could do. Now national pressure could cause the pressure on the officers to fold and the charges stick. However, I'd count on the charges being overturned in court when it is time for another government employee on the side of "justice" to step to the plate and finish the job the officers started.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I was called in for an IA investigation when I ran the Mayor's neighbor through field sobriety tests.
Got the whole, "I'm friends with the Mayor" bull crap.

This happens often.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

I was called in for an IA investigation when I ran the Mayor's neighbor through field sobriety tests.
Got the whole, "I'm friends with the Mayor" bull crap.

This happens often.

How did you handle the situation keeping in mind the pressure from your boss if he/she was inclined to be corrupt.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

He wasn't DUI, just not a good driver at 2:30am on a Friday.

But, the IA investigation had me pissed to say the least. 5 days, paid leave, sat at home as instructed. Biggest joke of my LE career.

I quite 2 years later as I had enough BS. They wanted someone to just write tickets, not catch bad guys.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Ohhh, and the Mayor my first year had a private New Years Eve party. We were pulled off patrol, myself and my FTO, along with other units to provide security for him.....at the tax payers expense.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hasn't it always been this way? We're talking thousands of years, right?

It's the golden rule. Whoever has the gold makes the rules.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join