It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever encountered a Sociopath?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Some people theorize that AI may come across with sociopath tendencies.

I am unsure of this, as any AI would display whatever personality it was programmed with. There is, however, a possibility that an AI could "evolve" beyond its original personality programming and become more sociopathic.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Honestly an interesting read, makes me wonder if i'm a delusional ticking time bomb.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

I feel exactly the same..
edit on 11-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ALiCCE

I often feel emotionless to individuals.. but have empathy for human kind..
So I flip personalities ?

sometimes I feel like a psycho killer..

I can't stand egoistic personalities ..

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

yes .. I have read your chat thread ..

there are great women out there .. to me ATS is like a mini support group or at least could be lol..

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

nvm..

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ALiCCE

Alice

in wonderland

another character I am in love with

what a dilusional mystery

probably sherlocks mistress lol

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Excellant view "point blance", to survive we degrade our moral integrity, but who is to judge how we chose.
I too would have been in a " better place" had I made more "logical" choices.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
yes I've met sociopaths, mainly because I'm psychologist.
Even though I am psychologist, I also met a sociopath in my personal life and also..unfortunately, I have an ex who was a narcist. Hey...psychologists are humans too

You can't recognize them immediately in personal life. When you get to know them better, you will find out how people truly are.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Azrielle

i have a question can some type of personality be mistaken for a sociopath?
from this thread I have been labeled as one

I am terrified of getting hurt and kind of "give myself to love" if there is such a thing
what does that make me
edit on 18-8-2015 by Layaly because: can't type

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am so sorry I didn't think anyone would be reading this

is mind blowing actually thank you all so much by the way

I was really lost. I have to say the replies slapped me into reality and kind of "saved" me

the person was back in 4 weeks like nothing ever happened. and I had absolutely no feelings it felt soooooo good.. well it was kind of just what ever.. moving on

edit on 18-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Layaly,
I have wanted to respond to this but needed courage.
I am still ashamed that I let my self deceive.
Yes I encountered one twenty some years ago it was very "educational"
Charming (I felt like a Queen)
Spontaneous (fun)
Exaggerate. (really interesting)
No Guilt (every one else was to blame, never admitted any fault)
Dominant (thought it was nice to be "taken care of") Jeez did I wake up.
Very Intelligent (Some one I could take counsel in)
Words smith, poetic, engaging (read: deceiving manipulating)
Omnipotent (He could do ANY THING) I thought that was kind of "manly" Was I a darn fool.

I know this is the end of your thread, but hay it bumps up your score.

It is a divine miracle that I am alive.
I won't go into details unless you wish so. I don't want pity.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

i dont think you would understand my daily thoughts of you.. but then i think you could.. i am mesmorised by your being.. i also know this has nothing to do with ats and our place here.. this is not about bumping threads.. you know i have so much respect for you but i then again i want to know you.. this who and what you are .. i cant let it go.. i am trying to find time to figure you (you is such a underestimating term) but the more you write the more i cant hide .. i want to know.. why .. i will be respectful all the way.. (quite with my replies to no replies.. ) i will regret the passion i am writing this with (i dont want you yo know these are my real thoughts).. but that is what i wish came across (without me having to speak) as my deep (i hate revealing my inner me.. it makes me vulnerable).. each bit is i am i drowned in your well.. i just don't get it(why you would choose to talk to a dork me). i just wish there was more minutes ticking in life to fid out who you are.. what the heck is going on.. honestly but who are you ?? the only reason for this reply.. your replies dont add up with .. my initial picture.. on one hand i am trying to keep it because i need to feel family and wisdom.. and i need it to grow but.. but but but but .. but .. there is this level that doesn't resemble that.. i will regret writing this.. because the respect i have.. but the craving i have to know what is your life story that made you this way.. right now the reply here is on different level or am i making things up. please forget this reply and forgive me upfront.. beyond respect i truly feel about you.. (and by the way i dont know what i have just written.. is my deepest thoughts i do not want you to know.. crazy me)
edit on 28-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

(i hate revealing my inner me.. it makes me vulnerable)..

It is good you are aware of this, all ways be careful of who you give your self to. We are precious beings and should regard it as a treasure.

i just don't get it(why you would choose to talk to a dork me).

You are not "a dork" don't put your self down. Never.

honestly but who are you ??

I am just a person walking through what we call life together with all the other beings on this tiny planet.

your replies dont add up with .. my initial picture.

What was your initial picture?

on one hand i am trying to keep it because i need to feel family and wisdom.. and i need it to grow but

Does the Acorn that falls from the tree feel disconnected? It still grows.

i will regret writing this.. because the respect i have.. but the craving i have to know what is your life story that made you this way..

Why should you regret? You have been nothing but respectful or else I am deceived.
My story is with out magnitude to those who only count material possession, therefore it is obsolete in this world. But there is an other world. WINK

please forget this reply and forgive me upfront..

Pardon me I can't forget it, LOL, and I will forgive you for what ever imaginary assault you have committed

crazy me)

You aren't crazy, you are A L I V E.
Vive la Lay

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

I met one, and was surprised that this person didn't care that with her actions she made a public joke of herself. She just didn't care and would do the same thing again if she feels like it.

I felt sorry for her...thats strange.. to feel sorry for someone who doesn't want you to feel sorry because there is no reason to feel sorry for something.

edit on 1/9/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Why should you regret? You have been nothing but respectful or else I am deceived. My story is with out magnitude to those who only count material possession, therefore it is obsolete in this world. But there is an other world. WINK
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I like that.. and I love ur responses

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

wished I knew more details

thank you for adding a story btw

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Imagine you never knew what a sociopath was, you read an article listing a dozen signs to identify a sociopath, at the end you also read "Get as far away from them as possible". At this point you realize that you fit the definition perfectly. Then you get to the long list of commenters voicing their approval with the author. What do you think is learned by the sociopath here? Do they learn to stay away from sociopaths? Do they think they need to seek help? Are they offended? Or perhaps they just recognize these people as ignorant and no different than someone chanting racial slurs, less intelligent people. Just guessing of course.

I am on the autism spectrum, high functioning obviously, diagnosed by psychologist and psychiatrist. Was told at the end of high school I would never be able to hold down a job. After dropping out of college I went straight to a corporate IT job, been there for a decade now and even a manager. I identify perfectly with most definitions of a sociopath, and I doubt most people could tell the difference, especially when I can't. Several people in my family and social circle will often even say things to me like "What are you a F***ing sociopath?". After finally reading up on what exactly a sociopath was a few years ago, I was a bit troubled to find that I was one and people really hate them.

I am antisocial, generally good at manipulating people, do not reciprocate emotion to a great extent, in the past eye contact would make me uncomfortable, but would sometimes do it to other people for fun if it made them uncomfortable, bored much of the time, some would say I have an ego or that I am not remorseful for things. I could basically name off every common sign of being a sociopath. How would any of you know the difference between someone not having emotion vs not showing emotion?

Am I a sociopath? If it is in fact a real disorder, I have no idea. Would other people identify me as one? Most certainly yes.

If you are in an abusive relationship then get out, don't go on a witch hunt.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My first wife is a sociopath. After my divorce from her whenever I had a first date with someone I reviewed the definition of sociopath. She didn't care who she hurt in order to get what she wanted, she used a lot of material things to fill the void in her soul, and she truly believed all her abuse was ok, and she never said she was sorry on her own without a lot of prodding from me. Stay away from this type.

edit on 3/3/2016 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join