It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever encountered a Sociopath?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: eletheia

how do you move on from someone who believes you are forever their toy to play with

Buy garnering all your strength and point blank refusing to accept their

views of who and what you are .... YOU are better than that.

By cutting all ties swiftly and thoroughly, and IF and when you are being

manipulated and softened up, draw on your bank of memories to give you

the strength to move on and forward. ... Don't look back!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Write a list of all the reasons you should not be tricked into getting involved again and I mean all the reasons.

If you feel tempted or coerced then read the list, it will give you confidence.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Write a list of all the reasons you should not be tricked into getting involved again and I mean all the reasons.

Every ones list is individual to their own situation ....

Every ones breaking point in at a different level ....

I am a great believer in that .... What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: nonspecific

Every ones list is individual to their own situation ....

Every ones breaking point in at a different level ....

I am a great believer in that .... What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Eveyone's list should be specific to the individuals concerned!

If whatever doe'snt kill you makes you stronger I should start a new carrer as a cage gighter, I recon I should be world champion this time next week.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There seems to be a great deal of debate over the classification of individuals as having anti-social personality disorder, psychopathy or being a sociopath. But there is a common lack of empathy, impulsive and aggressive behaviour, reckless disregard of safety and so on. I interviewed a guy for a job once and immediately felt there was something wrong. He lied during the interview, invaded my personal space and seemed too eager to please. These people have the gift of the gab but he did not fool me. He would look deep into my eyes as if he were trying to see what I was thinking as these people do not understand human emotions and feelings. My dopey boss said "well he's a nice bloke". I said "you are kidding". When a criminal check was done on him he had a huge criminal record as long as your arm. I would say psychopath. He did not get the job.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
There seems to be a great deal of debate over the classification of individuals as having anti-social personality disorder, psychopathy or being a sociopath. But there is a common lack of empathy, impulsive and aggressive behaviour, reckless disregard of safety and so on. I interviewed a guy for a job once and immediately felt there was something wrong. He lied during the interview, invaded my personal space and seemed too eager to please. These people have the gift of the gab but he did not fool me. He would look deep into my eyes as if he were trying to see what I was thinking as these people do not understand human emotions and feelings. My dopey boss said "well he's a nice bloke". I said "you are kidding". When a criminal check was done on him he had a huge criminal record as long as your arm. I would say psychopath. He did not get the job.

It is possible that he was looking you directly in the eyes as he believed that you would not think him to be lying.

Those with strong sociopathic tendancies have little understanding of how others think and behave other than what they learn.

Whereas a more empathic person will look you in the eye to try and convey there emotion a socipathic individual has learnt the tricks of the trade and will often be very calculated in there actions as they have learned how use certain tactics to get the results they want to achive.

It seems strange to me that someone could manipulate another for pure personal gain but this explains why so many with these tendancies do very well in life, they do not have the hinderance of empathy when trying to achive a specific result.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yes I read an article where it was claimed that 10% of CEOs were psychopaths, although this was disputed and it was claimed that many of those should be diagnosed as suffering from narcissistic personality disorder instead. I also read some research where it was found that around 20% of corporate executive types were also psychopaths. At any rate, it agrees with what you are saying and that these people have no problems in doing what they do.

edit on 9-5-2015 by grumpy64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64

Yes I read an article where it was claimed that 10% of CEOs were psychopaths, although this was disputed and it was claimed that many of those should be diagnosed as suffering from narcissistic personality disorder instead. I also read some research where it was found that around 20% of corporate executive types were also psychopaths. At any rate, it agrees with what you are saying and that these people have no problems in doing what they do.

I find it somewhat interesting that it is considered a negative trait.

When looked at from an evolutionary point of view empathy could be said to be design flaw.

It makes me think of polar bears eating there own childen as they could pose a future threat to there food supply, hell it's mean but theres a certain sensibility behind the logic.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yes in this scene the hunch back is one for sure.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

i don't have the energy or mental power to deal with the side-effects

is like something invisible is chocking me
regardless of my rationality of the impact the encounter had on me

I don't feel emotional pain but get physical sensations from what I think is uncontrollable anxiety despite me being mentally and emotionally disconnected from the person

I don't know if it makes sense

reading other stories is making this strange thing better so far

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

i had a boss with same record as truebrits ex's new guy
and totally fits all the above descriptions

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Its note a vote of confidence Brit , it is what it is . She played the cards and came up paedophile loving loser . Well perhaps not loving , maybe using would be a better word . You on the other hand have yet to play your final hand and i am sure it will be a hand that the rest of us will be truly envious .

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I don't understand
to me the trait described is rootlessness
and there is no empathy for that
that is why empathy would serve as a dual force

hence both traits are keeping each other in balance as a whole

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

The hate for cops knows no bounds. Amazing how far some people can go to bring everything back to them. Did Jade Helm get brought up to?

Anyway, I was married to one. It was quite an eye opening experience. Once you saw the forest for the trees anyway.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I am not saying that I agree with it but from the perspective of survival of the fittest it would seem that empathy could be considered a hinderance.

I know that from a social and economic viewpoint I would be far more sucessfull and in a far more safe and stable position If I had based my decisions on life on what would have been personally benificial to myself as opposed to making empathic choices based on the wants and needs of others.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

It would have been a negative trait in a hunter gatherer society where you needed to rely on others and work intimately with others to survive. I think once the other hunters realised that they could not trust someone they would put a spear in them real quick.

edit on 9-5-2015 by grumpy64 because: because

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

i don't have the energy or mental power to deal with the side-effects

is like something invisible is chocking me
regardless of my rationality of the impact the encounter had on me

I don't feel emotional pain but get physical sensations from what I think is uncontrollable anxiety despite me being mentally and emotionally disconnected from the person

I don't know if it makes sense

reading other stories is making this strange thing better so far

It doesn't matter how small (or even tiny ) the steps you take are,

just as long as you keep moving in the right direction (forward) as

you gain confidence, and don't look back you get stronger and your

steps get bigger.

And as that ^^^^ is happening those sensations you are feeling (jelly?

empty? sick?) start melting away.....Tiny steps is the beginning.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I love how people are beautifully random

i go completely nuts too if I have some peanut butter

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

I agree but as mentioned before a true sociopath will learn how to manipulate others for there own advancment.

The ability to decive others by appearing to be a team player when in fact they are simply putting on a show to hide there true goals.

Those cavemen who thought they were doing the right think by offing those who showed sociopathic traits were in fact just eliminating the weak and ensuring a stronger more efficent strain of sociopathic gene

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Yes.

I have encountered sociopaths, or persons with sociopathic traits on numerous occasions. Most of those were confrontations with classmates when I was a youngster, but I am also pretty certain that the last woman I was romantically involved with would be a good candidate for study in that area. Very sexually promiscuous, not a one man woman, and basically dropped me in favour of a man who had been convicted of possession of indecent images of children. That did my ego a WORLD of favours, let me tell you. She saw nothing wrong with being with him, since, as she so wonderfully put it, "He looks after me really well, so who cares?".

Hahaha... Sounds like my first girlfriend when I was 16. Cheated on me, dropped out of school, and moved in with some 30 year old guy with missing teeth who was having a hard time with his wife, and had JUST separated, all within one week. Not to mention other things that took me years to work through...

Some people it just turns out you're better off without...
edit on 9-5-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join