It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me tell you about Daryl Pierson.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Mod, please move this to Posse if you see fit.

Daryl was killed during a police chase in Sept '14, in a bad part of town. He was shot in the neck and died almost instantly. His killer was convicted May 8, '15, and he was led away wearing Daryl's cuffs.

See, Daryl was a police office, a white police officer, who was shot point blank in the throat, on security camera by a black man who had just skipped parole and was armed with a gun with the serial number scratched off.

There was a street sign dedicated to Pierson yesterday, in the place where he fell. While speeches were made and many cried, there were outbursts of things like "FU#$ you pigs", "You just here to kill us like Freddie".

Last year, Rochester's murder rate was about 25 per 100,000 people, says Klofas. New York City's rate: less than 6 per 100,000.

www.twcnews.com...

www.democratandchronicle.com...

Why is/was the US not screaming and condemning this black man? He who shot at two officers, killing one and injuring an innocent bystander? Why did the city not riot? We've always been one step away from the ignition of a fierce race-based war here in Rochester. He died making the streets safer, and the man who killed him lived. Why were people there to make his memorial a joke? Why did the police not toss the people yelling comments into cruisers?

Nearly everyone in the city hates the police, but they have always been kind, funny, caring and helpful every time I have dealt with them, even during protests. They have shown INCREDIBLE restraint toward the things they endure in this city - which has the highest percentage of violent crime in New York state.

Why is the country not mourning Daryl - a husband, father, war veteran and nice man that my friends knew? Because he was just a footnote in the news, being a white cop shot and killed by a black man. No big deal when it's reversed, right?

The funeral was incredible. The people at the sign unveiling were despicable for saying the things they did.

edit on 9-5-2015 by FireflyStars because: add vid

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Why is the US not screaming and condemning this black man?

It's not a blame competition on who can scream the loudest and perhaps the black guy feared the cops as many do and reacted.

Why did the city not riot?

Why would they? A lot of people regard cops as part of the system against them.

No big deal when it's reversed, right?

Cops know the risks of their job, a black guy on the street understands the risks posed by some policemen, it's a dangerous game with many reasons for it.

I tend to think that employing ex-military into your police force was never a good idea, additionally I truly wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that some U.S. cops are racist and/or have absolute no clue at all in public relations.

And of course there's all those guns in the U.S., big business and an American past-time with a downside, dead people with bullet holes.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My thread was deleted basically the same premise...will this be labeled a race bait thread, or does that only count for making threads on white violence against black people?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
He signed up to be an officer. It can be a dangerous job. It's sad the man was murdered, but that's just part of the job.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
Why is/was the US not screaming and condemning this black man? He who shot at two officers, killing one and injuring an innocent bystander? Why did the city not riot?

We didn't hire that guy with our tax money to protect us and enforce the law. We didn't pay him to shoot that innocent cop. And that guy got arrested. Big difference.

When a cop shoots an unarmed person, we paid that cop to do it. That's why we get pissed off about it. Especially if there's no trial.

Getting mad about police using excessive force doesn't mean you have to be happy when cops die. It sucks when cops abuse their authority and it sucks when cops get shot. But unless the guy that shot the cop is part of an organization, who would you protest against? His family? His neighborhood? It seems obvious to me why we don't protest random criminals. Go write a sign for that protest and you'll get stumped on the first word.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Ugh, this is a travesty that nobody seems willing to acknowledge.

The problem with debating with racists is that drawing attention to counterpoints must also appear racist, it is a lose-lose. I believe that is why there is so little pushback against popular outcries of racial oppression.

In many cases the official respondents could only properly explain the criminal behavior of city officials as widespread and universal, a position they cannot publicly hold for political reasons. It seems that the racist subterfuge is perpetuated for a variety of motivations depending on each group's particular circumstance.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You answered your own questions.

"His killer was convicted".

The leading cause for the current discourse and violence is the feeling of injustice. Where people are killed and those who are responsible are rarely arrested, charged, and/or convicted of anything. What happened to Daryl is awful, there is no disputing that. Now imagine if his killer was never charged with a crime for his actions.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If it gets deleted, so be it. Much of our crime here is black on black, but if you'd like to see Officer Pierson get shot in the throat and drop instantly, I'm sure you can find it online.

MY OP has a valid point, lots of violence comes out of poverty and our city is pretty damn poor, especially in the neighborhoods of primarily minorities. Jut google "Rochester NY fight" and you'll get plenty of fun youtube hits.

It's just so messed up that some people feel like they need to show up and call people 'pigs' at a memorial service for a beloved friend and family member, and nothing happens to them, but god forbid some cop slip up and swear, etc.

There are good cops, bad people, and a blend of both. LEOs aren't the devil.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
And the sign I'd hold up?

"Have some respect for the dead, and if you don't, just don't be here."

I should have had one ready for his memorial yesterday.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

What lucky people, only 6 per 100,000 for a murder rate. In my town it's 16 per 100,000... but that's what you get in a town with 164% of the national average crime wise.

Back to the officer though, it's too bad he was treated poorly but I think it comes with the territory these days. I would never goto someones funeral and seek to disrupt it... no one deserves that. But if I were expected to show my respects for a dead cop, I don't think I could do it anymore. I would have to just remain silent and move on.

I don't know if Daryl was one of those bad cops or not. What I do know is that he was likely a hero to his wife, kids, friends, and family and those people deserve to attend a funeral and say goodbye in peace.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The same reason flaming idiots will rally against anyone saying negative things about Islam but those same idiots will say nothing when people bash Christianity. Short answer: a vast majority are dumb and hate anything the media tells them. On that note, just because a cop is doing what he's paid to doesn't make him a hero.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

What lucky people, only 6 per 100,000 for a murder rate. In my town it's 16 per 100,000... but that's what you get in a town with 164% of the national average crime wise.

Ours is 25 per 100k. NYC is 6 per 100k.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

There's clearly a double standard when it comes to race in this country. Political correctness is always in the consciousness of the media. There is definitely racial attacks against blacks, but unfortunately some blacks use those attacks as justification to right a wrong. It's not politically correct or acceptable in this country to label a black person as a raciest. They've been subject to racism for hundreds of years so to attack them for reverse discrimination is met with criticism and claims of bigotry.

We also face political correctness when attacking other issues besides race in this country such as homosexuality, religion, and politics.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

"He signed up to be an officer. It can be a dangerous job. It's sad the man was murdered, but that's just part of the job."
So criminals (black or white or whatever colour) should expect to be chased down & shot at, if they run?
I mean being a crimal is a dangerous job also & extremely high risk.
I don't think any cop signs up to be shot at or murdered.
I also don't think the perp shot Daryll because he was a 'white' cop.
I have read about many of these incident here on ATS & there is race baiting going on here.
Story is usually about a black crim running from a white cops & being shot (dead most times).
Fact is, it's two people doing their job, one a crim & the other a cop.
Run & it would seem there is a very high risk that the cops will shoot.
If you're a crim & you want to stay alive don't run from the cops.
If you're a cop & you want to stay alive shoot the crim that runs.
Staying alive is all part of the job.
I couldn't be a cop (anywhere).
I just hope I never have to be a crim.

top topics

join