It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1639 First UFO Witness Account in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

Thanks for posting the link. It's an interesting article and I enjoy learning about the history of phrases and languages.

On the downside, the article makes it clear that the saying, 'pigs will fly' was already in use as early as 1616.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
a reply to: Elementalist

They were probably normal occurrences, just as we have today? Although back then if you were to speak of these things in the wrong Circles, they would burn you at the stake

You mean swamp gas was the norm thing back then too?

Weather balloons!

Chinese lanterns in the new world

How did I overlook that... thanks friend.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I've heard this UFO report discussed a few times in the UFO research group I am in. We're in central Massachusetts so it is local to us. This is the first time I've seen it mentioned anywhere but at the meetings. There is a brief mention of it on the New England UFO Research site.

NEUFOR

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

The description of it looking like a "swine" made me think of the following video, particularly the picture in it.

Seeing as this was a few centuries before Pink Floyd, I'd take it to mean that the shape was cigar shaped or something like it. Maybe something shaped like a blimp. Of course, they didn't have blimps back then either.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist

originally posted by: SPECULUM

They were probably normal occurrences, just as we have today? Although back then if you were to speak of these things in the wrong Circles, they would burn you at the stake

You mean swamp gas was the norm thing back then too?

Weather balloons!

Chinese lanterns in the new world

How did I overlook that... thanks friend.

NO. What i meant was it has been an ongoing occurrence of witnesses experiencing UFO's

You'll not see "A" weather balloon or "A" Chinese lantern for hours, and specifically with the flight characteristics as what the witnesses specified

edit on 9-5-2015 by SPECULUM because: Aliens

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That is a very distinct possibility, especially if it had its landing gear down.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Haha! I know what you meant.

I was being silly

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No Silly, All Serious

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My own experience of UFO encounter zipped around the sky for a while, really fast crossing vast areas of the sky in seconds, in an intelligent synchrony, like they were one vibrating star like light that started moving slowly a few degrees in the sky then became 3 lights that moved superfast together, then as a triangle, then in other directions then regrouping and moving around in synchrony and zooming in on us, like the corner of a tesseract, and all during it there is communication with us, like a totally entrancing telepathy. I know planes and it wasn't a plane/planes or anything of humanity, a person couldn't fly like that nor could anything mechanical built by humanity, even the most advanced tech, it was truly beyond any 3D experience, it felt interdimensional and as if with purpose.

Then again, what intelligent object would zip around for a lengthy period of time?

edit on 9-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join