It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help naming the terror of the night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Okay, so a little background on me..I have been in a research and investigation team for about a year and a half now, we get called in from scared and/or curious homeowners and business owners. In my short time doing this I have seen (as well as not seen) and heard many weird things happen that were seemingly unexplainable and recently, we went on a case of a residential haunting and I need your help to try to identify what kind of a creature or entity is haunting this home. I feel like I have my finger on it but I just can't seem to put a name to it for some reason. I believe that once we know what exactly we are dealing with we can effectively ward it off and gain some of the power back for the homeowner. I'll give you a little (non-identifying) background and information; I believe the entity to be demonic (jokester type) in nature. (For the skeptics out there, my group and I rule out mental illness/drug use/or anything that could be deemed not in fact 'paranormal' before, during and after our investigations that take place.) The homeowner, when they spoke you could tell they were shaken up by their experiences and that they truly believed that everything they were saying actually happened.

ACTIVITY REPORTED: Client states she had been in home 3-6 months before the knocking began, followed by voices, and nightmares soon after; where this weird dark figure would creep all the way around the house. Describes it as being a super-dark spider man, who would creep all around her dreams and set alarm off in real life right as he was about to enter her room in the dream state.

Dreams of people who mean a lot to her having a party in the backyard, and everything would be normal. Then it would take a turn and people who she trusted, including a priest would start doing weird stuff; like chasing people around the backyard with a knife and seeing a dark shadow kind of manipulating what her loved ones would do, making them act out on everyone.

Clients brother saw client and their other sibling one night while staying at house alone, even though at the time the client and their sibling were in Sweden (there's no way they could have been there). Brother described it as being as crystal clear as them standing in front of him, to the point he's trying to interact with them and calling their names with no response, they just stand in front of him staring at him.

One night, client had a friend stay over (reason for contact), and it was about past midnight to approx. 2am when clients' friend was screaming at the top of their lungs “Help! Help!” Client asks if they're okay and turns on the light, friend is still in a daze and can’t see anything. Says something black just came over them in their dream, like someone threw a really thick blanket over them and then it felt as if something was sucking the life right out of her. Friend was not aware of the events that were taking place in the home.

Another weird dream where client was in home sleeping and in the dream she wakes up and goes out to the living room area and there are two dogs sitting there waiting for her almost, yet she only has one dog (the smaller dog is hers) and a lab (which she doesn’t have). There was a door open down along the hall a lot of activity happens along and that she thought that was weird. Client (still in dream) let the dogs out and told the lab to go along and when she wakes up in the bed (in real life), wondering if it really happened or not. Client goes back to bed and begins dreaming again, this time in the dream she hears noises in the garage and goes to check it out when she opens the garage door (in dream) there’s two girls in the garage, playing and they turn around and their faces are completely distorted, and it was very scary looking. In the dream she understands she’s not scared of the girls but what’s controlling the dream, so she let's the girls go outside and tells them to get home. After this she just tries to put the thought out of her head so she can get some sleep.

MY THOUGHTS: I feel like it is demonic in nature, but there is a name for this creature type. Does anyone have any other experiences with something like this or have you heard of a creature such as this? I want to say that it seems like it's not personal in nature like it's out to get the client specifically. The home that it occupies is rarely ever lived in, mainly used as a vacation home so it's my feelings that somehow this creature got here and now it's taken up residence and whenever someone comes over to visit he now has the opportunity to entertain himself while at the same time sucking up all the fear energy it builds up.

What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bayy007

I read your post and honestly it is out of my realm. I have been looking for some answer to a questions though that's in your field.

I'm trying to find some houses or businesses built after 1950 with confirmed paranormal activity. Do you have any directions to steer me in?
edit on 8-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I would agree that it's likely demonic, but don't understand the need to put a particular label on it. If they have a demon causing problems, they need to be at the point where they can evict it. I don't know about your personal beliefs, or theirs, but as far as I am concerned, someone who is saved, from a Christian perspective, can order out a demon. This does require some degree of faith, and confidence, but it can be done.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think is looks more like a phenomena than a creature or entity in particular. Did you analyze the ground? Installed cameras with night vision?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hey, at least you're honest. ha where in the US are you located? East or west coast? From what it seems to me, Connecticut has some really old houses and businesses and there are a lot of famous hauntings that take place here. As far as where I'm around, I have to be careful 'naming' places because we are a confidential group so I can't technically tell you the homes and some businesses but some have a lot of information that you can find online about hauntings that have taken place there. There is an old church in Rialto , I believe it was built in the early 1900's. There is surprisingly a lot of areas in the Inland Empire that with some google searching, the information is readily available. Good Luck with your questions, hope you find your answers. a reply to: Greathouse

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
We are still in the evidence reviewing stage, but we have a guy that had a tripod set up in some of the rooms that the activity mostly occurs in. So, we'll see if caught anything in the final report. We did a walkthrough of the entire home with our equipment and measuring the electromagnetic fields and it seemed to be pretty normal the whole way through. No weird spikes when close to the ground or in the walls. You think loud banging on the walls, the whispering, and the dreams could be some type of phenomena? It has been said that certain dark entities are able to sort of 'hijak' your dream state. But your theory is interesting, I would like to delve a little deeper into what kind of a phenomena would cause such things? a reply to: Trueman

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

He's one of the demon guys. I've seen demons and dogs be related before. Most of my dreams that turn demonic have a dog that can twist his head upside down.. Or like you described it's a normal dream and then it turns..

Anything that has the power to get into your dreams that consistently is no joke in real life either.

I can only call it as "Demon."

It doesn't appear as one of the lower demons.. Panic is one such example.

The fact of their being a shadow. This thing has enough power to cause some bad issues. I've lost my body once.. Never again.

Based on what you are saying I would call this thing a being rather than something of an animal or human spirit.

The thing about there being 2 of things.. This is some reference.. Could be something to do with gemini. I know there are many stories about Black Dogs.. Demons that make references like this have at least a human intelligence. This particular thing you are trying or wanting to deal with I have come against. I would exorcise extreme caution.

I don't know if demons are fully real, or if they are all manifestations of one thing? OR if they are all in our heads.. But I don't go near demons. Especially ones like that.. They do especially creepy things to kids. I went a long time in my life deftly afraid of having my fingers cut off with butter knives all night in my dreams..

You must figure out how the demon is connected here. If it's strong enough to be in a house, and not have to be haunting a particular person.. You have to cleanse the house.. IF it's connected to a person, obviously them..

I still wake up with marks and have demon dreams from time to time, but my light level.. My heart level.. My whatever is much stronger now.

They feed on Fear. I've felt through them sometimes what they felt, and it's like exciting blood scent for a wolf.. fear oozing from you, like thick energy.. The Pure cold Thrill.

ONLY way I think this guy leaves is through your authority over him.. A battle of wills.. But it's not like it's automatic that it just "has to leave." you really have to make it leave.. And if you are like me and think you are tough and just get the balls to yell at it one day, not only can your anger turn into fear real quick, but candles might blow out, and then you may sit there maniacally laughing for all night as your brother tries to get you to drink water.. I was some sort of crazed cloun, but I knew the water would free me.. couldn't take a sip it was all so funny.. Dark things were funny.. Finally the water.. Demons don't like water..
edit on 8-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Concur on demonic.

My gut [and books] say Nybbas Based on the info given.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My whole thing with putting a name to it, is so that we known exactly who and what we are dealing with (hierarchy-wise). The more informed you are as to what you're dealing with the more powerful you become to reveal their true self and with that they have no more cards and we can effectively find someone capable of casting it out. Where I'm coming from, I've read a lot of reports and books that whenever an exorcism is being performed the priest/bishop works diligently to reveal the name of the demon that is before them. Once they know the name, they can command them to leave by name, thus making their commands more powerful because they can direct their energy to that specific entity and not just towards some 'demon'. a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thankyou, Thankyou! I will look into this right away. a reply to: J.B. Aloha

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well I'm in Kentucky.

The reason I ask you about the houses passed 1950. I haven't researched it near as much as most people. But I do notice patterns. and there is a big drop off on documented hauntings after World War II. Might be something you guys should look into?

By the way I'm an old dude ain't trying to pick you up and I normally don't comment on pictures much. But I love black hair. And yours looks great you just really don't see a lot of it anymore.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Please keep us posted. The dreams and obscurity of the location (and obscurity of that particular demon) are what drive me to that conclusion.

May also be spelled Nybras.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bayy007
My whole thing with putting a name to it, is so that we known exactly who and what we are dealing with (hierarchy-wise). The more informed you are as to what you're dealing with the more powerful you become to reveal their true self and with that they have no more cards and we can effectively find someone capable of casting it out. Where I'm coming from, I've read a lot of reports and books that whenever an exorcism is being performed the priest/bishop works diligently to reveal the name of the demon that is before them. Once they know the name, they can command them to leave by name, thus making their commands more powerful because they can direct their energy to that specific entity and not just towards some 'demon'. a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, that makes some sense. I don't personally believe that only certain types of priests can cast out a demon, but anyone trying does need to be secure in their faith, and able to stand firm when the demon protests. One must know that it is in Jesus' Name by which they could do that work. Prayer and fasting don't hurt, either, from what the Bible tells us. Knowing if the demon was a stronger one matters in that regard, because some cannot be removed without that preparation.

In any case, the people being tormented need to "get their business straight with God" so to speak, so that they will be able to maintain their home demon-free once this one is removed.

For you and your team, prayers sent for strength, knowledge, and protection. For the family, also. Please keep us posted on how things go.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: J.B. Aloha
a reply to: KnightLight

Concur on demonic.

My gut [and books] say Nybbas Based on the info given.

I didn't know that your post would be responding to me too.. See this felt like the same guy and I'm pretty sure it makes sense. You could be very right. Seeing what someone wrote about him as the laughing duke.. The way I was laughing..

Sorry to OP I have to ask now, because this has been an issue my whole life and I guess now I have the courage to speak more openly.

Would you happen to have an idea on who I used to dream about? He had a Long whip, big draco/bat wings.. Mostly human shape black muscular, horns... He would never let me see him. I could tell what he looked like even in pitch black. He would whip me from behind, and say such evil things about how worthless I was.. He had complete control of my dreams. I wasn't allowed to wake up. If you have ever seen fantasia he looks like the black scary winged dude at the end of that.

He would come as a voice yelling my name, like I was in hell.. And then I would be in pitch black on a long bench, getting tortured. Also it seems to be related to something about my family.. Very German

Maybe this info wouldn't be so off topic??
I'm home alone so this is the perfect topic right now to face more of my past.
edit on 8-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bayy007
but there is a name for this creature type.

His name is Bruce, and I have sent my invisible pink unicorns to deal with him. So there is nothing at all to worry about there anymore, anything further is just a figment of the imagination.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
anything further is just a figment of the imagination.

Fig ment Basically means to finger dough and mind... It means to mold the mind.. This happens to be something Demons do.. Funny thing for you to say..

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
An Alp?

Feed off of fear from induced nightmares. Also shapeshift abilities to appear as anything or anyone.

They are similar to the incubus, but less sexually inclined, and rely more on fear for sustenance.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLighta reply to: KnightLight Yes! Yes, I have noticed that they like to take on forms in the beginning that are meant to not be so scary, but rather enticing. BUT there is always something very off about them, like the fact that they can maneuver their bodies in such ways that no earthbound body could physically take. I believe full well that the significance of the '2' (the two siblings, 2 dogs, 2 girls) has to be a reference to something. I'm glad you said that, because I was unsure. I will look into the Gemini. The family history from what the client told us is pretty clean. No alcoholics or outstanding family issues that would bring the cloud of negativity around, though I do feel that there is something major that is being missed. From my understandings these 'beings' don't just appear out of nowhere. Here is another weird fact, the house was deeded to the client by her grandparents and before that her father and uncles would share having turns up there but from my understanding no one has ever lived here full time. We went into the attic at one point and found some interesting posters up there, almost tucked away.
There were four of these, 3 of them were in perfect condition, stapled up to the top of the wooden attic ceiling, the fourth was ripped almost in half. When we told the client about the posters she was surprised, she had never seen these before..but she maybe never went into her attic? She said it was highly unlikely that any of her uncles would put something up such as this because they weren't ever really into the whole 'magic show' thing. She also doesn't believe it was her grandparents, but like I said I feel like there is more to the story. Especially with this poster, I feel like there is something of a clue sort of sticking out about it but I can't see what it is.

I appreciate your wisdom on the matter, and I will heed your warning to be cautious. I believe them to be real in the sense that the more you believe the more power you give it. Have you ever heard of a tulpa experiment? It's where people experiment making something up in their minds and they create a whole story and background, for months or even years and they build something up and essentially end up manifesting whatever it may be. They say too, that sometimes once these things are manifested and made very real by their own imagination there is not really much of a way to send it back. I think the more thought you put towards something, the more it absolutely becomes real for you.

Yes, the house needs to be cleansed, I completely agree. When we were done investigating we did a cleanse and gave her some tools to help keep the cleansing and protection up. Will need to follow up to see if another cleansing needs to be done or if she would like a priest to bless the home, as I feel for some reason it was brought to that home. These beings don't like to be disturbed with what they're doing in what they feel is 'theirs' as I feel they feel that way about the home for whatever reason.

Keep your light level strong and unwavering, and remember that we have the power to feel whatever we want. I completely agree, it is like they are the wolf just waiting to pick up on the scent of freshly spilt blood. the best method I've found in dealing with these, is to literally not give it any of your energy or attention. Focus your mind elsewhere and harvest your light from within and protected you will be.

I don't think I would be able to take something as this on, because I am not trained in it. I was recently accepted into the Sacred Order of Saint Michael as a lead exorcist investigator, so if anything I would get someone who was equipped and prepared to battle with something such as this.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: J.B. AlohaYes, of course. I am going to go over my recordings tonight and research on the subject and talk with my team and see what we can put together. Will keep you all updated

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
! I'm feeling this right now with you. It is a very interesting world we inhabit. Don't need to be sorry, I'm hoping this thread can provide maybe not just insight to this being I'm investigating but also others. the more knowledge we can put together about these things the more we can push back against them, in knowing that we're not alone and information is power.

I'm curious about this being you speak of, it seems interesting to me that he would never let you see him, just the things meant to terrify you. The whip seems as if he is in a "high role". When I think of it I think of that movie "Unbroken" where the Olympic runner gets captured by enemy forces and they ridicule and humiliate him, exerting their power over their ability to so and they fully enjoyed it in a sadistic kind of way. The fact that he has wings would indicate to me he might be a powerful fallen one. They say that all demons are, are fallen angels who rebelled against God, or so the story goes. Now, I'm not religious or anything and I honestly don't know if it's true or not but the fact that it has wings just seems to mean something. A high ranking order, I'm guessing. Lower level entities are born, out of fear and are minions for the middle and higher level entities. When I think of a lower level demon, I don't picture it with wings. a reply to: KnightLight

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join