It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston University prof flunks 'white masculinity' in controversial tweets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have to agree with Sublime in this. If I understood you correctly....if not please correct me. She has the freedom to say that garbage. No different then dumb Pam Gellar. I think both are ignorant fools, but I support both parties freedom regardless of race, belief, etc.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Obsrvr
a reply to: Metallicus

So she's a racist. Are you really surprised?

I had to go through 'diversity training' at my old job. In the class we were 'taught' that black people can't be racist...only white people.

Going by the academic definition of racism, this is correct. Racism goes beyond thoughts and extends into having the power to affect someones lives. Poor minorities have little to no power, which means their thoughts against white people are harmless, they can't do anything with them. White people running a corporation though? They have plenty of power to affect those black lives.

Actually that's more along the lines of racial discrimination. Depending on which definition one uses. There's about 11 different ways to define "racism" so, in the end, one can choose whichever definition one cares to use to support one's argument.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Because nothing she says will affect us in anywAy. I can admit my privilege I am a straight light skinned man and have it better than most. I live in the suburbs and nothing she says will change how society sees me, which is very positively. Now if I was a black transgender women living in an urban concrete jungle I wouldn't be seen in the same light many people would actually be disgusted by me all over what I was born as. Classism, rascism, and xenophobia are apart of everyone in some way or form but it seems some people are always readily accepted and treated better. And this is a view pushed on us by society. I am half Spanish(spain) and darkskin native of west Indies (Dominican republic) so iive seen both sides.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Noobarino
Why do I get the feeling that African-American studies is based on doing mental gymnastics in order to find a way to blame everything on white people

I'll let you judge for yourself. Here's a course listing.
africam.berkeley.edu...

It looks to me like a lot of writing classes about who did what to blacks, and when. I don't think anyone would deny they've been mistreated a lot throughout history. The major seems to focus on that, and it probably creates a bit of a persecution complex to go through.

The entire "Black Studies" degree programs are useless and counterproductive for the minority community. Revisionist history that claims Egyptians and [Asian] Indians are blacks doesn't cut it. Can people not learn engineering, medicine, law, science or accounting? Is "Black Studies" a euphemism for a gimme degree? All it does is feed on itself and churn out more professors of Black Studies who teach students how to whine about the power structure rather than do something about it. A transition is happening slowly and blacks are successful in the professions. The 'culture' of Black America is destructive and is delaying the transition to productive lives for blacks. Displays of intelligence by motivated black youth are said to be 'too white.' Does this mean that the black community thinks stupid is good? The gangsta' and thug cultures are glorified in what laughingly passes for 'music.' The snitches-get-stiches attitude gives undue power to the gansta's and thugs. In-your-face 'sassy' black women are parodies of themselves.
We need a change in education programs for all of our youth. We need to make the school year and school day longer and pay less attention to the football team. Our present system is dumbing down the country and is especially disadvantageous for our inner city and poor [all races] youth.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

congrats , lol you can carry on with your own white guilt...

I have none, ive worked hard for everything I have, and ive seen just as many accomplish the same and more who are a different color...

FFS we have a black president!

It still doesnt take away the fact what she said WAS racist, and wrong.......full stop no excuses

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
why is the white man the racist when everyone hates us?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

You just spewed a bunch is bull. Egyptians were originally black they live in africa for emboss sake and essentially we all the same which is black we all come from one origin and that is the motherland. Then you have the audacity to criticize black culture? You mean the culture artificially created by the mainstream to keep people stagnant and mind controlled as consumers? Hip hop was about uplifting and showing the flaws of the system but was bastardized and commodified for the masses you do know ALOT of white people listen to rap shot there the only ones you see at the concerts because they can afford it. And longer hours won't help our education system teaching less crap will.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It's not white guilt you moron it's how society perceives certain people doesn't mean certain people can't accomplish what they want but the culture they may be apart will try it's hardest to make you stagnant.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: pteridine

You just spewed a bunch is bull. Egyptians were originally black they live in africa for emboss sake and essentially we all the same which is black we all come from one origin and that is the motherland. Then you have the audacity to criticize black culture? You mean the culture artificially created by the mainstream to keep people stagnant and mind controlled as consumers? Hip hop was about uplifting and showing the flaws of the system but was bastardized and commodified for the masses you do know ALOT of white people listen to rap shot there the only ones you see at the concerts because they can afford it. And longer hours won't help our education system teaching less crap will.

speaking of BS after reading this id have to call you a hypocrite......

I sure as hell dont hear anything uplifting in all that rap garbage about hoes and killing cops........

Gang culture, Rap culture, Thug culture..........people are responsible for pulling themselves up, not using their color as a crutch

edit on 5/9/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It's not white guilt you moron it's how society perceives certain people doesn't mean certain people can't accomplish what they want but the culture they may be apart will try it's hardest to make you stagnant.

Name calling is the first sign of a failed argument........

ANd if they are tired of the culture, get out of it........

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You apart of a bubble you've never seen the glorification of European ideals by people that have nothing to do with Europe. How every culture seems to stereotype and dislike the people of a darker skin tone it is prevalent everywhere in this day and age.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You apart of a bubble you've never seen the glorification of European ideals by people that have nothing to do with Europe. How every culture seems to stereotype and dislike the people of a darker skin tone it is prevalent everywhere in this day and age.

you have no idea what ive seen , where ive been, or what ive been a part of.........

Again youre making assumptions, ignorant ones at that, and you expect people to take anything youve said as truth?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm sorry about that it's just frustrating when people dismiss others experiences. And you say get out of the culture but it is in people's nature to conform to their surroundings. Why people join gangs etc.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Truth of what?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'm sorry about that it's just frustrating when people dismiss others experiences. And you say get out of the culture but it is in people's nature to conform to their surroundings. Why people join gangs etc.

now that I absolutely agree with........

My point is what this teacher is spouting does not HELP that, it actually enables that.....

It keeps them in a state of mind that their efforts are futile.........and it perpetuates racial divide...

I dont have anything against you, I might not agree with you , but thats ok too....

Cheers bud

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I see the white people are in a hissy fit why do you guys want to be the victim so bad? We live in a hetero European patriarchal society you guys are fine you are not oppressed by any means just stop

I call out bad behaviour when I see it.

All I see here is some vague straw creature about white people and their supposed behaviour in this thread. I see a gross generalization that one white person's opinion is 'white people' in a 'hissy fit' and claiming oppression. I didn't claim oppression, I disagreed with someone's statements who happens to be black. Am I white? Do you know?

Racism is bad. When cops assume black people are committing crimes going about their daily business, that's bad. You know what doesn't fix that? More racism. Racism like generalizing and 'racializing' the opinions of people who happen to think someone is wrong.

My opinion on these statements is white in the same way this person's opinions are black ... They're not these things.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
They sure are pissing white men off a whole hell of a lot. What's the end game? You have the brains to be a problem and they need to set you back a bit. There will never be another country like the United States because they are destroying it from within. At least that's my take on it all. I will probably go out bloody because I'm not going for that #.

Not responding to you specifically but your post hit it on the head ....

Yuri Bezmenov. Watch some of his videos. Watch them and you'll understand what our universities have become and what's going on in America.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've said it for years.

They are trying to make one specific group into the devil himself.

White Males.

Not men in general, not even White Women. Just White Males.

This is a prime example. It's only going to get worse. I have personally been on the receiving end of it. My life was changed forever by racism against ME when I went to an almost all Black school. (have gone over this on ATS before)

My question is this..... Black people are being "excused" from responsibility for their actions. When White Males have had enough of the demonization of OUR character, are we going to be excused for the inevitable reactions that will stem from it?

Because it's going to happen. Eventually.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Might have something to do with the over representation of white males at the top your typical Joe schmo is not getting the hate. The hate is probably the deliberate manipulation of society by a small group of white males who also work in cooperation with other races to keep the status quo afloat.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Primordial

And if you guys think America is being destroyed from within than your just ignorant. That's the same rhetoric red scare propagandists used guess what nothing happened. America is destroying itself with the corrupt and insane govern ment that's trying to oppress ALL people just there is different ways it goes about this according to race. The oppression of people of color is more overt so that got all races pitted against each other got all religions pitted against each other when in the end the goal of the government is to destroy your cultural and religious indentity to make you easier to control.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join