It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston University prof flunks 'white masculinity' in controversial tweets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
And thusly academia proves to be the training ground that point of activation of methodologies of control and social constructs. Vile dictums of twisted compliant synchophantic minds urge us into slavery.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />
Here is an example of some one getting fired over their tweet where the roles are the same as this.
Caused plenty of outrage and lead to a firing.
Even happened in the obama era.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

While I don't condone or agree with the sentiment, and I do agree with your suggestions that this doesn't do society any real favors or move people on, you reek of white privilege in your dismissal of this as being "unfair".

Why is it always white people complaining how black people are complaining, or that it's "unfair" that they don't get to be racist these days?

Oh yeah, that's right, white privileged

You not only get to live your life as a white American male with absolutely no bigotry holding you back, you also get to tell other people to stop complaining when it happens to them, as if you have a clue!
edit on 8-5-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

As if we have a clue?

Why because only white people can be racist?

You sound more racist then anyone on this thread

And really? You even used the white privilege buzzword

I'm a gay person, I've had plenty of discrimination , and even I find your post disgusting

It's just as bigoted as any " white privilege " drivel I've ever read

Now , would you like to actually comment on the OP or are you just going to attack other posters because you know there's o justification for her racism?

edit on 8-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They sure are pissing white men off a whole hell of a lot. What's the end game? You have the brains to be a problem and they need to set you back a bit. There will never be another country like the United States because they are destroying it from within. At least that's my take on it all. I will probably go out bloody because I'm not going for that #.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The lengths people go to justify racism coming from the black community boggles my mind

I literally cannot comprehend the complete stupidity and mental gymnastics it takes, to justify the blatant hypocrisy and bigotry
Racism is unacceptable , it doesn't matter who spews it
edit on 8-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lgbtlivesmatter
The lengths people go to justify racism coming from the black community boggles my mind

I literally cannot comprehend the complete stupidity and mental gymnastics it takes, to justify the blatant hypocrisy and bigotry
Racism is unacceptable , it doesn't matter who spews it

I'm pretty sure the ovens are next. Who goes in them is still up in the air. Hell, it might be all of us.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Obsrvr

Can't believe no one has jumped in and called you a racist for suggesting she's one.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: wondering5740
a reply to: Obsrvr

Can't believe no one has jumped in and called you a racist for suggesting she's one.

We all know the script now. No use getting mad over the word. I think action is just about to take over. If not, they will push things until it does. We can't sit on our collective asses while they destroy the nation now can we?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr

So she's a racist. Are you really surprised?

I had to go through 'diversity training' at my old job. In the class we were 'taught' that black people can't be racist...only white people.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

This is just my opinion of course, but I think in reality there are many college professors and academics of various races and groups who say stuff like this all the time about other races and groups. If you think back it seems there is always some new motivated, college educated prick looking to make a name for him/herself by spreading a little hate around as if it's something new and profound that we haven't already heard.

With that said, since they are so common, it's my opinion that it's actually Fox news who occasionally pulls one up from the pile that suits their agenda and decides it's news worthy and puts it out there as a little race baiting and propaganda. I don't think Fox has any interest in "healing the nation" and they know exactly how to get their specific audience a nudge when needed to insure that no "real discussion" is had that might allow such healing.

It's much better for ratings and easier to control the narrative when people are divided and you can control the ideas of one side of that divide.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I had to go through 'diversity training' at my old job. In the class we were 'taught' that black people can't be racist...only white people.

I've heard other say that too. I've never had to go to something like that and if I did I would call BS the minute I heard the speaker say that.

You're not the only person I've heard mention it so I have to assume it's true. When someone says something like that as a speaker to an audience how do you not stand up and insist they are full of sh*t??? You'd have to IMO.

I suppose if you're worried about your job though that might keep you silent. But that can't be easy.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

There was one guy that kept standing up and complaining about what they were saying. He was used as an example to 'prove' all their points about white men and racism. It wasn't a place where you could win an argument. You could look like an a-hole or just sit their quietly. At that time my job was important to me so I kept my mouth shut.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Even if you pointed out that just that statement alone is completely racist???

I would so get fired I know it. If not, I'd get in trouble for sure and I'd love to hear their argument for how it is that only white people can be racist. Especially if the person saying it wasn't white!!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Grundy posted a number of other controversial tweets, for instance claiming that only whites enslaved entire generations of people. “Deal with your white sh*t, white people. slavery is a *YALL* thing,” she said.

Why these people get news coverage is beyond me. Anyways, here's a fun experiment...

Find a few black and white people and get them to surround you in a circle. Close your eyes and ask anyone in the group to punch you in the face. Now open your eyes and tell me which color person hit you.

Color doesn't think or act. The mind is the real enemy.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Why these people get news coverage is beyond me.

See, that's the easy part. Like I said earlier, it's because they have a certain narrative which fits their viewers. Some do it more than others, but they all do it. Both the left and right. They just change the perspective a little to suit their audience.

That's why "commentary news" is such BS usually. It's not real news. It's somebody's opinion or their take on what is sometimes a news story.

I don't know how old you are but there was a time, like 25 years ago that news wasn't like that. You had "The News" which was quite dull and then you had "Entertainment shows" which talked gossip. Now, they've merged to where you can't tell them apart most of the time.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

This is what I'm afraid of...

Fox News Dominates Cable News Ratings In 2014

Fox News finished on top in both total viewers and the adults 25-54 news demo for a 13th straight year, according to Nielsen's "most current" estimates through Dec. 26.

I am aware of their tactics. I use Netflix and Amazon Prime and haven't watched cable in about 15 years. There was always the feeling of unseated emotion stemming from negative and distasteful news stories. It was a burden to carry around.

"I want my MTV." Of course now, its a heaping pile of trash. If you want to subject yourself there is an awareness you can gain by watching. It helps to locate BS in the future if you learn what it looks and smells like.

edit on 9-5-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You are a good example of why I don't worry too much about those reports. Like you, I don't watch news in the traditional way and I think a lot of people are just the same. Even though Fox may be top on the Neilsen rating, I have my doubts that such a rating truly represents the collective, especially when it comes to the younger viewers.

I don't have cable or even watch tv. All such activities are all internet based. Now, the data mining stuff has become more advanced and all but I don't think that accounts for much when it comes to ratings and polls that are brought up like this. The problem is even though I think "the collective" is actually of a much different mind set than what is "advertised", "the collective" itself is somewhat unaware just how many of us there are that are thinking the same thing.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Once again goes to show that only whites are bigoted prejudice and all others are victims.

Dripping Sarcasm

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You know the real issue is what she is not saying about her own race. White masculinity means she wants more white men to act feminine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join