It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola found in doctor's eye months after virus left blood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

No. The treatment of EBOLA in this country was not treated well. Why? IT'S still HERE. They handled the threat by hiring a Czar, who has since resigned, and forced a media blackout.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The nature of the virus is to outbreak, recede, and mutate. It has an iintelligence of sorts. Imagine it mutating with, say, smallpox. On second thought, don't.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

I applauded your reasoning and understanding of the potential for concern. How could it have contained itself only to the eye? That is contrary to the very nature of this virus.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry for the bad link , posting from a tablet (aaarrhhhhhggghhh why does every key strike pop up an advert i have no intrest in)

Anyway, it seems apart from annoying pop up ads that hide the display of what you are actually typing, ebola is an hidden virus, that once given the allclear can be found alive and transmissable in semen six months after anperson has been given theball clear

Sorry for ypos pop upmaddnhidesnthebtextvtyping andmwith abtablet .....llaarrrggghhhh
edit on 8-5-2015 by ProleUK because: pop up ads arrghhh

edit on 8-5-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

How could it have contained itself only to the eye? That is contrary to the very nature of this virus.

No. Being attacked by a virus is like being attacked by a heap of bugs. In treating the virus it is like spraying your house for bugs. The antibiotics (or other agent) travels through the blood and cleans out all the virus that it comes in contacct with.

If some of the bugs in your house have found some deep and hidden channels that the bug spray cannot reach, then you can be sure they will be back at some stage. The fluid in your eyes is one place that antibiotics cannot reach, there are other places in your body as well. If ebola can survive in the eye, then it might also be able to survive in places like spinal fluid, brain, joints or other places we are yet to look.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
it seems the virus has mutated.

I feel pity for those who have been given the all clear and gonenback to their family and friends. Six months from being given the all clear to being infected is a worry?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

No worries, they have an eye on it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I am well aware of the nature of this specific virus, but what front line or broad spectrum antibiotics will kill Ebola?
Antibiotics are ineffective on viruses.

What is the known cure for Ebola? Cuz we clearly don't have it yet.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

*** boo hiss ***

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Yes but shingles is not contagious.

Oh yes it is. If someone has never had chicken pox they could catch chicken pox. Also serious for pregnant women and new borns. I consider these Ebola survivors in the same category as shingles people, it could flair up some way from time to time or be passed in fluids. I would consider the eye color change a flare up for sure.

STM

Source: www.mayoclinic.org...

Are you contagious?

A person with shingles can pass the varicella-zoster virus to anyone who isn't immune to chickenpox. This usually occurs through direct contact with the open sores of the shingles rash. Once infected, the person will develop chickenpox, however, not shingles.

Chickenpox can be dangerous for some groups of people. Until your shingles blisters scab over, you are contagious and should avoid physical contact with:

Anyone who has a weak immune system
Newborns
Pregnant women

edit on 8-5-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here is a really good article that explains the why's and how's to this subject. Not that I believe everything on MSM, but it seems cut and dry when explaining how the virus entered into the inner eye and could replicate. And how they treated it.
I wonder how many more stories like this are going to emerge months later...

Ebola eye

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Well that's not really definitive is it. They obviously didn't say he was contagious either.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Oh love the cat. I have one that looks like that.
Apparently it is if you touch the sores ewww. In general you can't catch it by being in a room with someone or if you've already had chicken pox. My uncle suffered from it and we weren't kept away from him when he had an outbreak but then again we had all had chicken pox.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Yes but shingles is not contagious.

if a person has NEVER had chicken pox and they can develop chicken pox being exposed to someone with shingles...it happened to Barbara walters about a year ago

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What I do not understand is this:

If they know about a person having Ebola, and surviving, why did they not test the soft tissue organs of the body?

Before asking why, consider this: When a person is infected with Ebola, it tends to go for the soft tissues of the body first, getting in there and replicating, eyes, testicles, liver, pancreas, other organs like that. Where it lodges in and replicates. Now why did they not think to go the extra step and test for such in patients who survive to ensure that they were clear fully and ensure that the virus had cleared the body?

I am not a doctor, but am an avid reader, and this stuff is well documented, including the course of what happens when a person is infected. Is all that is well documented out there, why are they not running additional tests to make absolutely sure on such?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yes It's Something I just learned but you still have to touch it . You can't get it just being in a,room with someone who has shingles.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Something else about ebola, even if you are able to survive ebola with a serum, vaccine or by your lucky immune system, you can still get ebola later on down the road.

So this is very interesting, I wonder if the virus becomes dormant on those that had it to surface later on, or if the person becomes a carrier for life

edit on 14-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

People can carry the highly infective TB for years without it being active. If I were to have contracted TB and it becomes active during a period in which I were exposed to Ebola....guess what? That could mutate into the worst case scenario...airborne Ebola. Hemorrhagic TB? WHat if this doctor has latent TB?

mutating is what Ebola does.

You wanna take a chance, by all means.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Fortunately for us mutating is not something that Ebola,does readily. It is very very slow to mutate. As for these two diseases converging no they don't mate and produce hybrid diseases. In this case TB is a bacteria where Ebola is a virus. Two entirely different types of organisms. There is no way these could mutate together. I'm sorry someone has given you such terrible bad information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join