It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder charges against Freddie Gray cops may be DROPPED

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Actually defense attorneys can file motions before hand for dismissal of evidence or charges.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They also wouldn't be considering dropping them if that evidence was not complete and now that it is, it does not show evidence of wrongdoing….

The only job of "investigation" is collecting evidence for trial, they don't decide anything. The evidence is then passed to the prosecutors office and guess what, they filed charges.

If that is publicly announced and now being considered for reversal, its because of pressure within the system to drop the matter. That is the best indicator from where I am sitting that there was "wrongdoing", i.e., Homicide.

This case is too big for pressure to change their minds. That would come out in a heartbeat. Reporters would be all over a scandal that size.

It is more likely that they jumped the gun with the charges to soothe the public. Unfortunately the investigation had not been concluded, or more evidence was brought to light after the charges were filed, and the initial evidence can no longer warrant a murder charge....

Blame the prosecutor if you are going to blame someone. Maybe she should have waited until the full investigation was complete. I am sure she was right there on top of it the entire time, getting hourly updates and whatnot.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Actually defense attorneys can file motions before hand for dismissal of evidence or charges.

Yes, I understand that as well...either way it shakes out, seems the investigation was not completed prior to the initial charges and they are now reaping the consequences of a hasty decision.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Hopefully they are dropped.

The rioting animals wanted justice.

Justice in this case would be to drop the biased charges against these six policemen and women who were just trying to do a difficult job.

Freddy Gray caused his own death by the choices he made in life.

edit on 8-5-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i
I am not religious at all but did go o catholic school and this reminds me of the story where Pontius pilot offered a pardon to the condemned and the crowd clamored to kill Jesus and let the murderer go instead.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Although I'm sure the police have an opinion and their opinion shouldn't surprise anyone coming to the officers defense.

I cannot speculate on the validity of the charges. I like you have not seen any of the evidence or even the charging document. So besides getting a firm understanding on the actual statutes. The debate on this subject is speculation at best.

Which brings me back to an earlier question for you. Did you or could you post that particular Baltimore city statue it is number 19-59-22 ? ( just copy and paste from the word Baltimore in this sentence)

I've been reading statutes from other cities. They make a clear distinction between switchblade and opening assisted knives when they declare them illegal.

My phone would not allow me to open the statute and I am interested in Baltimore's description.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Hopefully they are dropped.

The rioting animals wanted justice.

Justice in this case would be to drop the biased charges against these six policemen and women who were just trying to do a difficult job.

Freddy Gray caused his own death by the choices he made in life.

Okay one: Calling human beings "animals" is never a proper way to address things. Call them criminals, thugs, miscreants, but not animals.

Two: Some of the charges are biased toward quelling the rioting, others are legitimate.

Three: Mr. Grey didn't cause his own death. His death was the direct result of his interaction with the police. While I think the whole case stinks to high heaven, saying Grey is responsible for his own death means that you haven't looked at the facts of the case so far, or you have and simply choose to ignore them.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

One: I'll refer to people supporting criminals and criminal activities how ever I want. Sorry I don't follow your bs code of pc conduct.

Two: Every single bit of charges from the biased DA was done to quell the rioting animals. There is no possible way she reviewed all the evidence in a matter of hours and made an informed decision based on this evidence.

Three: Mr Grey died because of his criminal history. If he hadn't had a rap sheet as long as my arm the police would have had no idea who he was and probably would have never even gave him a second glance that fateful day. Therefore he caused his own death by the way he lived his life and the way he choose to conduct himself.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but voices of sanity and reason need to be heard. The mob mentality ruling the world today is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be put in its place.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

One: Call them what you wish, but if you want your argument to be taken seriously, opening your remarks by calling people animals immediately makes me want to dismiss your claims as bigotry.

Two: I have said in this thread, and in others, that the murder/manslaughter charges will be difficult to prove. However, charges of misconduct could stick, and I expect they will in the case of at least a few of the officers, probably not all of them. Look at the case through an objective lens.

Three: So because Grey had a criminal history, it absolves the police of any wrongdoing if a suspect is killed in their custody? What a twisted world view. I guess silly things like "rights" and "due process" only apply to those you want it to apply to.
edit on 8-5-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

One: Call them what you wish, but if you want your argument to be taken seriously, opening your remarks by calling people animals immediately makes me want to dismiss your claims as bigotry.

Two: I have said in this thread, and in others, that the murder/manslaughter charges will be difficult to prove. However, charges of misconduct could stick, and I expect they will in the case of at least a few of the officers, probably not all of them. Look at the case through an objective lens.

Three: So because Grey had a criminal history, it absolves the police of any wrongdoing if a suspect is killed in their custody? What a twisted world view. I guess silly things like "rights" and "due process" only apply to those you want it to apply to.

He's just seeking attention. Anyone capable of critical thinking can see it, I wouldn't waste another minute on his closed-minded thoughts. Kids these days I tell ya.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Or this is what happens when you let the police investigate them selfs....

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

She is neither a shill nor interested in protecting cops.

She ran on a platform of bringing cops to justice. Less than six months in office and she gets a golden opportunity to do that and make headlines in the process.

Pity she botched it in such a flaming way.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure he died from a spinal injury that put him in a coma, didn't he?

Did his rap sheet do that? That's some seriously heavyweight paper if it did.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Didn't the investigators arrive at a manslaughter charge? That carries a ten year sentence. It's not exactly small change.

Personally, I can see the argument for the depraved heart charge BUT I think a manslaughter charge is much, much stronger in a court room.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Cops trying to protect cops... it's as if no one ever heard of the thin blue line before. Abuse of authority is finally getting widespread coverage and the bad cops are scared of the changes such scrutiny will bring.

ETA: I don't think there's been a better time for good cops to come forward. Most people, even people that mistrust law enforcement want to believe that there's good guys and bad guys and that we live or can live in a society in which the bad guys aren't the ones entrusted with justice... I think the public would do it's best to protect them.
edit on 5/8/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Right because I don't buy into the hive mind that had the cops guilty before any evidence came to light I lack critical thinking and am seeking attention.

I would say kids are the ones rioting over a criminal and eating up what they are being fed by the media. Sorta like you.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I don't think any reasonable person in this thread is declaring the cops guilty without due process. You're seeing an enemy where there is none. You're jumping to conclusions, and speaking from the hip.

Why is this?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

She wants to run for office and throwing a bunch of charges at these officers makes her look like a social justice hero. Its a win win situation for her even if the charges get dropped. The people wanted blood and they got it with a bunch of charges that wont stick in the court of law.

She has made the situation worse if the charges get dropped.
edit on 8-5-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The Police Department won't forgive and they won't forget what Mosby did.

Don't bet for one second she's not going to be sued over her sloppiness.

ETA: Ooohhh here's an interesting take. She might be arrested herself over the charges filed. Ouch!!
edit on 852015 by Snarl because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join