It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder charges against Freddie Gray cops may be DROPPED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Gasp!

double gasp!

Either the police unions are really that untouchable, or they want a riot.
Manslaughter is the worst charge they will attempt to stick to these fine gentlemen.

Did the prosecutor botch the charges to give these guys a free pass?

At this point sometimes resisting arrest and taking your chances is getting to be safer than letting yourself get taken into custody.

So i guess police can just go on killing and stompin whomever they please with no repercussions .
My tax dollars hard at work.

The murder charges filed against the Baltimore officers who arrested Freddie Gray could be dropped, because the police investigation into his death doesn't support the prosecution's case, it's been reported.
Last Friday, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby levelled charges ranging from assault to second-degree murder at six police officers involved in Gray's death. He had suffered a fatal spinal injury while in police custody.
However, officials familiar with the case have revealed that police investigators do not agree with the charges.
The murder charges filed against the Baltimore officers who arrested Freddie Gray could be dropped

What's more, defense lawyers are mounting a challenge to Mosby's assertion that the officers had unlawfully arrested Gray because the knife he had in his pocket is considered legal under Maryland state law.

edit on 8-5-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is what happens when a prosecutor just throws around a bunch of charges to appease the rioting masses and sees what sticks. I have this sinking feeling she only delayed the inevitable.

+18 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That's what happens when trying to appeal to the unrest of the masses in a hasty fashion. Sounds like they jumped the gun prior to the investigation being completed and are now having to backtrack in order to get any charge they can.

No doubt, if the charges are dropped, rioting will start again......

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen
Because Baltimore Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby threw the proverbial book at the officers. She is wanting to run for higher office in the state and thought this would be a way to garner votes in the future.Manslaughter in this case would be very hard to prove (as well as a couple of the other charges). However , I believe a lot of the other charges will be proven and those officers will not walk. If she had put aside her dreams and went for the other very provable charges things might have went different in court . There the charges could have been brought up.So , for the prosecutor she is in a win-win situation but actually nearly destroyed her case.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Smoke and mirrors.

Of course the police don't agree with it, what did people expect them to do supply the rope?

I am tired of speculating whether the knife is even that issue on the false imprisonment charges. But I will point out that it is a common law misdemeanor and only applies to three of the officers.

Your CNN source said they have to prove intent for a 2nd° murder charge. That is completely untrue under Maryland law. For depraved heart murder all that needs to be proven is indifference for human life.

I supported George Zimmerman.

I was against the protest for the Mike Brown shootings.

But they got these cops dead to rights. In one way or another everyone charged is responsible for that young man's death.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Have they been dismissed yet? Or is this part of the theatre to let people down easy?

We're considering prosecution, now we're considering letting them go.

A trial?

Whats that?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's what happens when trying to appeal to the unrest of the masses in a hasty fashion. Sounds like they jumped the gun prior to the investigation being completed and are now having to backtrack in order to get any charge they can.

They don't bring charges in the first place unless there is probable cause. Especially in a case like this. The charges would stick if they went to trial. The abuse there is historic, the people are pissed at that, not CVS.

+5 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You left out a couple options, some of which have already been posted.

This prosecutor has ties to both the Gray family and the neighborhood he was from. She saw a golden chance to make a big time name for herself. Had she waited even just a few days more and come out with a list of charges it would've had more weight. But to say you did a full and complete investigation of six people in less than two weeks and arrived at murder charges? Horse poo.

These officers deserve some charges, and some punishment, but she jumped the shark in a big way.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They don't bring charges in the first place unless there is probable cause. Especially in a case like this. The charges would stick if they went to trial. The abuse there is historic, the people are pissed at that, not CVS.

If the final investigation does not support the charges then trial would not matter. They must have other information from the investigation that is causing them to drop particular charges or else they WOULD be going to trial on them. Something must have not been as they said it was when they initially jumped the gun.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

This is what happens when a prosecutor just throws around a bunch of charges to appease the rioting masses and sees what sticks. I have this sinking feeling she only delayed the inevitable.

The inevitable dismissal of police brutality you mean? This isn't pin the tail on the Donkey. They wouldn't have filed charges unless they had evidence of wrongful doing.

Like who doesn't know that?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Was probably planned out this way all along.

The original statement was to ease the aftermath of the outcome, from these pigs. Baltimore when bat crazy, to give some ease to the people, original statement is officer will be charged.

Pump fake! Police military is a reality now. They control us more then ever, using their war pigs..

ETA - scientificrailgun beat me too it! should of read posts...
edit on 8-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Of course they are charged with crimes they can't prosecute.

This way they get to walk home free.

And the prosecuter gets to say. See what I did? Justice was done.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The inevitable dismissal of police brutality you mean? This isn't pin the tail on the Donkey. They wouldn't have filed charges unless they had evidence of wrongful doing.

Like who doesn't know that?

They also wouldn't be considering dropping them if that evidence was not complete and now that it is, it does not show evidence of wrongdoing....

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

If the final investigation does not support the charges then trial would not matter.

The "final investigation" is a trial. Thats where the final decision (verdict) should be rendered.

Ludicrous to suggest that "investigators" (the police) make any "final" decision about it. But hey, systemic injustice rules the day…

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The DA is a shill. She is there to protect the blue line and is an enemy of the citizens, the nation and the law itself, which are all on the other side of that line.

This was never going anywhere.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

They also wouldn't be considering dropping them if that evidence was not complete and now that it is, it does not show evidence of wrongdoing….

The only job of "investigation" is collecting evidence for trial, they don't decide anything. The evidence is then passed to the prosecutors office and guess what, they filed charges.

If that is publicly announced and now being considered for reversal, its because of pressure within the system to drop the matter. That is the best indicator from where I am sitting that there was "wrongdoing", i.e., Homicide.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The DA is a shill. She is there to protect the blue line and is an enemy of the citizens, the nation and the law itself, which are all on the other side of that line.

This was never going anywhere.
I disagree, I think some charges will stick and at least SOME of the officers will be put away. But what the DA was doing with her charges was basically acquiescing to mob mentality while making flowery speeches about justice and peace. Some of these officer are going to jail, you can count on that, but a murder conviction is highly unlikely.
edit on 8-5-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I completely agree!Many here speculated that these charges were filed in haste without proper investigation by the DA office.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

VS I am on my phone and it won't let me open Baltimore statutes. Could you or anyone else reading this post the city statute on the knife?

Baltimore statute 19-58-22

Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

If the final investigation does not support the charges then trial would not matter.

The "final investigation" is a trial. Thats where the final decision (verdict) should be rendered.

Ludicrous to suggest that "investigators" (the police) make any "final" decision about it. But hey, systemic injustice rules the day…

No....the trial is where evidence of the investigation is presented and a judge or jury get to decide whether the investigation warrants the charges being presented are accurate and can make a judgement as such.

The police did not make a decision to drop charges, only the prosecutor can do that, and if the investigation is now final and the initial charges can no longer apply then they drop them, knowing the evidence has enough reasonable doubt that they would not get a conviction....seems this is the case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join