It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorian Johnson, figure in Michael Brown case, arrested in St. Louis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
thug [thuhg]

Spell Syllables

Examples
Word Origin
noun
1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.
2. (sometimes initial capital letter) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

Origin of thug India - Hindu dictionary.reference.com...
So you're right in your description, just a little bit off colour with the shade of non-white it was originally applied to.

But if your wondering in common white folks areas of towns they refer to other white folks as Thugs when behaving in the same manner as those non-white folks your complaining the word was used to describe. So thug is not a new word for 'n-word' however it is being used. Also I assume a racist wouldn't care if using the derogating word cracker or "C-word" to be politically correct, upset anyone and therefore wouldn't use a different word that had less effect.

So watch out for thugs, they come in sizes and colours but be scared of the buggers and their buggery.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
people's memories are short. the first time i heard the word thug it was on happy days referring to Fonzie. subsequently to other real thugs none of whom were black. Thug derives from Thuggie a Kali cult that was killing people in colonial india. Similar to the hashishem the origin of the word assassin.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

He may be a nobody, but it is a good example of "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

He was offered a legit job with the city. It was temporary, but no doubt a good way of learning skills, networking, and
changing the negative direction he is choosing to take in life.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Gawd this makes me sick..why are mods allowing these threads to show how black people are bad but when I make a thread to show how whites also commit violence against blacks, it get deleted due to race baiting.

Double standards on ATS.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Gawd this makes me sick..why are mods allowing these threads to show how black people are bad but when I make a thread to show how whites also commit violence against blacks, it get deleted due to race baiting.

Double standards on ATS.

Well, that's one theory.

Another theory would be your thread was race baiting.

Maybe we should solve the police brutality problem before we solve MSNBC vs. FOX News.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
if we call him a duhyooosh bag would that be waaaaaaasist?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join