It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorian Johnson, figure in Michael Brown case, arrested in St. Louis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I never claimed that you did you the term. I was simply making a general statement/observation.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So does this mean he can't continue his college education near the end of August?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He was charged with interfering with an arrest. No charges of possession of a weapon or illegal narcotics yet.

I would wait to see what he is formally charged with before I just assume he was out "thuggin".

Also, is it just me or is anyone else tired of the term "thug"? It's become the new thing to say because people are too afraid to say ni**er.

Not sure how you see it as the new term....a thug is a thug....plenty of "cracker" thugs as well. He is a thug. Did him being an accomplice to a strong arm robbery not solidify that a while back? Or maybe he was the "good kid" and his brother who had warrants out for multiple armed robbery charges was the bad one and Dorian was trying to set him straight....yeah, lets roll with that story and he was just about to walk in to church for prayer....please spare me.

All three were arrested. One of Johnson’s brothers was found to be wanted in Bridgeton on warrants for armed robbery and armed criminal action, the police source said.

But he probably isn't a thug either right?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
As for using the term "thug", people can say whatever they want. No one controls the language, despite some people's attempts to.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You assume too much.

I am not saying that he was not deserving of the arrest, or that he isn't a criminal piece of #.

Being wired the way I am, I like to pay attention to language and how people talk. The term "thug" is a popular term used by the MSM and people of specific political leanings directed towards young black men. I cringe every time I hear someone use the term that is parroted by millions because it has been bashed in to their damn heads.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
As for using the term "thug", people can say whatever they want. No one controls the language, despite some people's attempts to.

Indeed.

I wonder how many people use the term "thug" because it has been part of the propaganda disseminated by those that attempt to control language.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You assume too much.

I am not saying that he was not deserving of the arrest, or that he isn't a criminal piece of #.

Being wired the way I am, I like to pay attention to language and how people talk. The term "thug" is a popular term used by the MSM and people of specific political leanings directed towards young black men. I cringe every time I hear someone use the term that is parroted by millions because it has been bashed in to their damn heads.

I have used the term thug ever since I can remember.....likely started around 20+ years ago. Anywho...I would think if anyone would take offense to the word it would be Muslims, not blacks.

Either way....when I say thug, I mean thug, not black white or any other color in particular....just a low life PoS that contributes nothing to the bettering of society.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Like Tupac? Who had THUG LIFE tattooed across his torso written in bullets?

If the word Gangsta was substituted would that suit you better?

Quit trying to make everything racist because you don't want to deal with facts.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

just a low life PoS that contributes nothing to the bettering of society.

Then we disagree on the definition of the word. To me, a thug is a violent person who commits crime and is, in certain circumstances, available for hire.

A low-life POS that contributes nothing to the bettering of society.....that could apply to a majority of people in this country.

What are you doing to contribute to the bettering of society?

Edit to add: Why would muslims be offended by the use of that word?
edit on 8-5-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

No, I don't believe gangsta would fit either, as as far as I know he is not a member of a gang.

I'm not trying to make this about race. I was making a statement/observation that the term is widely used in cases where it may not apply and that it is widely used in propaganda disseminated by certain groups/media outlets.

Also, I'm fairly new to this site and so we have not engaged in much conversation. Therefore, what would lead you to say that I "make everything racist"? Even if you are making that statement based on what I have said in this thread, I fail to see how you can say that. As I said before, it was merely and observation from a propaganda/language aspect.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This whole "thug is the new N word" BS is a stupid strawman argument I'm sick of hearing.

I have yet to see the word used outside of referring to someone in the midst of lawlessness.

If you are on this thread to talk about karma catching up to Dorian Johnson carry on.

If you just want to derail the thread with talk about "thug" (a tactic becoming more and more common) start a thread on that.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Actually it was a drug charge and suspicion of resisting arrest (whatever that means), at least according to the CNN article I read last night.

I guess his job with the city of St. Louis didn't pan out too well.

edit on 8-5-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

This whole "thug is the new N word" BS is a stupid strawman argument I'm sick of hearing.

I have yet to see the word used outside of referring to someone in the midst of lawlessness.

If you are on this thread to talk about karma catching up to Dorian Johnson carry on.

If you just want to derail the thread with talk about "thug" (a tactic becoming more and more common) start a thread on that.

I only mentioned the use of the term as a small aside to the conversation in a previous reply. For some reason, it has become the focus when all it was supposed to be was an observational statement.

Also, "thug is the new n-word" is a valid statement considering that it is/has been the focus of many media and language studies, and there has been a rise in well-educated, better-off black people speaking out against it because it has become a term used to describe black people in general, and not used to describe a street criminal.

We can thank the media for that as it has been used in their propaganda that is fed to the masses.

My original point when posting in this thread was who gives a damn about Dorian Johnson or what he has been arrested for? I don't.

This is just "american idol"-type of entertainment for the politically partisan goobers out there that think this man getting in trouble somehow validates or solidifies their opinions on the original Brown issue.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You have spent over 4 hours monitoring a thread subject that you say you do not care about. So maybe you care a bit more about this guy than you think.
This was just a story about somebody directly involved in an ongoing situation in ferguson. I thought it was something people would like to know about.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

maybe you care a bit more about this guy than you think

Hardly.

I enjoy the conversation and it's fascinating to see how people react to the different forms of "bread and circus'" that is thrown at their feet.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Gotta love the outrage on ats, hes a nobody and the media is feedng the sharks that cant live without there made up outrage. Mediocrity is the new american religion lol.
edit on 8-5-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

"suspicion of resisting arrest"

edit on 8-5-2015 by Jakal26 because: because I can't read, nor type at the moment :/

edit on 8-5-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A day after he files a lawsuit against the Ferguson PD ...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I have to ask, why do we care what this kid does? Is he now a high-profile celeb just because he was with Brown at the shooting?

I would assume that most people don't actually care about this news.

As for why?

OP hates "thugs".
If yas don't like the word thug then prevent people from perpetrating thuggery. it's easy. Thug is not a race or a racial description. it is a vocation. a dishonorable one. people that act or say otherwise encourage thugs and perpetration.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
thug. Thug. THUG! thuggity thug and furthermore... thug!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join