It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British public are better than this (another conservative victory)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yesterdays poll votes may give the uk, and the world the impression that these isles are inhabited by ideological right wingers, but despite conservatives winning 321 seats, and Labour winning only winning 228 seats, I suspect the reality behind these polls is a lot different than what the impression it gives, makes us think it is....

For the British people to have elected another conservative government, after a shambolic, misleading five years led by David Cameron as PM, it shows that the electorate simply haven't been paying close attention, and this should come as no surprise to people who already know how disengaged, and uninterested the public has become in politics over the past decade.
David Cameron's bare faced lies and continual misleading sound bites over the last five years, have been swallowed by millions of voters hook line and sinker, before the election even began, meaning all arguments against the conservatives were either ignored or delivered by comedians like Russell Brand, and not taken as seriously as they should have been...

Easily mislead, by liar politicians, yes... However, we are not without redeeming qualities, so before left wing voters think about leaving the country, committing suicide, or self harming etc, please understand one thing, the British people will never be as shallow as the party politics that has come to dominate our political institutions.

edit on 8 5 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

What in the world makes you think that voting numbers are not "nudged" in wanted direction.

For god's sake if dim Yankees can pull it off every election, you think British can't figure out how to rig votes.
edit on 8-5-2015 by TorinoFer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

With so many rigged minds, you don't need rigged votes.

ETA: The point is, the whole system is rigged by party politics.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
a reply to: TorinoFer

With so many rigged minds, you don't need rigged votes.

Man what a quote, I will remember it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

So sad really.

Well we better get ready for another 5 years of cuts regarding our benefits system and national health service.

This United Kingdom is doomed.

Tell you this, me thinks those Tory Kiddie Fiddlers owe us Scots another referendum.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Easily mislead, by liar politicians, yes...

I think this is very patronising to the British public who are generally well informed and understanding of politics.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I am going to reiterate what I have said already on ATS today:

I think this is the best result we could have had!

Milliband, Gleg, Firage are all gone and will have to be replaced, if this result has said anything its that the people want a alternative. The conservatives, I honestly think have done a reasonable job in the last few years but now the SNP have taken all of Scotland, giving us a new political "big three" and in the long run for all of the UK that could be a good thing

Labour need to change in response to the SNP, they have to truly go back to the working class and they need to show real opposition and in addition to that like i have said we have lost a lot of these posh boys.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

No, party politics is whats patronising.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I could comment but, I am not in the UK and I think you have made your point clearly enough and probably don't want to debate.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes, but the ideological cuts (of stupidity) inflicted on the natioñ by party politics will be more our downfall than any party policy...

People have long hated politics for this reason.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Buddy people hate politics because there are corrupt. The notion of any democratic process is simply window dressing for our masses.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I don't think the 'people' have lost interest in 'Politics' at all as it covers a wide range of areas/topics!

There are a whole load of World Issues for people to get involved with and comment on on the www... in fact I'm willing to bet 'Political Issues' is one the most commented on sections on the WWW.

It's basically the number 1 headliner in the media every day.

As for he 'Conservatives' being in office for the next 4 years?? Well... I'm just glad it's not 'Labour'. Over the next 4 years we shall see if the 'Conservative keep their promises about a lot of issues. If they don't do that then I'm sure the next General Election will see a different result!

As for the actual 'voting', i only got to mark one paper and that was for my 'Constituency'. For some reason I didn't get to vote for who goes in at No.10?? Very weird I thought.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I hope you have the financial security to ride out there term in government TruthxIsxInxThexMist. I wish i could say the same.

As to the Conservatives keeping there promises, that's what scares me.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I find it silly that only pencils are provided as it's very easy to change people's votes in preparation for a recount also there where slot of people didn't get voting cards and thought they could not vote me being one of them but I went along with my passport was not asked for I'd and voted suspiciously the polls were way off also Cameron didn't have any plan in place to move out of no10

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
For some reason I didn't get to vote for who goes in at No.10?? Very weird I thought.

It's because we don't have a president.

The Prime Minister - the one in Number 10 is the leader of the party that forms the government. In the Conservative party the leader is elected by the MPs. In the Labour Party the process is complicated by support from "affiliated" organisations, such as trades unions.
edit on 8/5/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I disagree, I think its a terrible result.

The conservatives have done a far worse job than their fanboys and fangirls in the right wing media want to believe. Only compared to the previous Gordon Brown administration, do they look like a good government. That's no way to judge a governments performance, but that's all the tories have. Better than the last labour government ergo a good government? Rubbish.

What the conservatives have been surreptitiously doing and plan to continue doing in government is purely ideological. All the talk of the deficit etc... Its a complete stageshow, played by very bad actors...

The labour result was devastating, and what you're saying about them becoming more left wing in future is funny, because pundits have been saying the traditional left wing labour campaign is what lost them so many seats this election...

Labour will never recover from this general election by my estimation... Its dead!
Green is the new party of the left, and i think the next by election will see a significant increase in green MPs as disillusioned Labour voters abandon the sinking labour ship. Good riddance Labour.

But, it is a shame Ed Balls is no longer an MP.... He did an excellent job of holding the conservative Treasury to account as shadow chancellor, and exposing their misleading figures and sound bites, and down right lies... He would have made a good labour leader... Now who have they got left? Harriet Harman, the pedophile apologist?? She makes me so sick, a truly vile creatur.... If she becomes Labour leader, she will do a good job of taking Labour to the grave, which is where it needs to go after this result... and because its simply a corrupt political organisation, with faux left wing policies, like wanting to spend trillions of tax payers money, on new nuclear submarines.

If however labour somehow hold on to most their 200 odd seats over the next five years.. One thing is certain and I think, bar Tories making a series of devastatingly bad decisions, as opposed to just fairly bad ones, they will have a long uncontested reign until at least 2030...

edit on 8 5 15 by a because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Really?

First time I've noticed that when voting in a 'General Election'.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Insert democrat and republican, and this is the same argument we have in the states.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Insert democrat and republican, and this is the same argument we have in the states.

yes lets Americanize a UK election.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I could comment but, I am not in the UK and I think you have made your point clearly enough and probably don't want to debate.

The floor is open to debate my friend...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join