It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird "destroys" Boing 737-800

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Bedlam

You wouldn't have believed the ping pong ball would do that at all, right?

well...initially...I would ask...what are the properties of the paddle, before expressing my conclusions.

I'm well aware that object with high velocity and enough mass can make much damage.

It's a standard plywood ping-pong paddle. When I get home, I've added a ping-pong ball launcher to my list of home projects.

eta: I've done a futile but cursory search - there's a really neat weapon development system the Navy used to pour money into, that shot little aluminum slugs that looked like pennies at hypersonic speeds. They'd go through armor plate. The recordings were freaking amazing. If I can find one I'll post it.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The interior walls and pillars were weaker than the exterior.

well...ok...but correct me if I'm wrong...I seem to remember pics showing only 3-4 columns took any damage from the debris...and the rest were practically intact. And when I say damage...I don't mean completely removed.

I have no problem believing the wheel made it through the outer section walls...but the columns in it's way would have to be completely destroyed, no ?

edit:

Pentagon columns

in this diagram...it shows columns that are near the "exit hole" virtually intact...yet...somehow...something big went through/by them.
edit on 13-5-2015 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is a pretty cool video. Thanks for sharing. I have to say that I also find it interesting how people from both sides though can use the looney tunes description interchangeably and to argue both sides. More consistently I've heard the holes in the towers referred to as punch outs but for the pentagon hole not nearly as often and never consistently. Could you expand a little bit on your take of the entry holes? A reply to: Bedlam

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The aircraft turned into a debris cloud that expanded as it went through the building. It was no longer intact as it went through the outer wall. Some columns were hit, others weren't because the debris just went around it.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The aircraft turned into a debris cloud that expanded as it went through the building. It was no longer intact as it went through the outer wall. Some columns were hit, others weren't because the debris just went around it.

But if you look at the image provided by mario, the debris would have had to make some serious s-turns to arrive at that spot..since when does explosive debris perform those sort of maneuvers?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

What S turns are you referring to...? news.uns.purdue.edu...

Here is Purdue University Engineering simulation of Flight 77 as it traveled through Pentagon

Show breakup and columns impacted

news.uns.purdue.edu...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBolt

There were actually 2 impact holes in the E Ring wall

First entry hole made by fuselage was at 2nd floor level and measured 17 ft in diameter

Second impact hole was made by wings and jet engines measured 96 ft wide (measure by Photometry before collapse
of that section of Pentagon)

Wing span of 757 was 125 feet, wing sections outboard of the jet engines were not as strong as interior section

These broke up before penetrating the wall

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: fireladdie
a reply to: Flatcoat

What S turns are you referring to...? news.uns.purdue.edu...

Here is Purdue University Engineering simulation of Flight 77 as it traveled through Pentagon

Show breakup and columns impacted

news.uns.purdue.edu...

Yes, I've seen that "sim". That's the one where the aircraft engines just disappear as the plane enters the building. And it still doesn't explain how the debris managed to detour around all the columns to make that exit hole.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join