It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conservative UK Election Majority - Selfish and Greedy or What Else?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I don't see that as a problem as long as the Tories cut their relationship with their main revenue stream ....Big business.

This may help... These show that the Labour Party also receive donations from business.

Donations to UK political parties
Donations to cover the General Election

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

"The Conservative UK Election Majority - Selfish and Greedy or What Else?"

Well lets not forget the fact that some of "them" are implicated regarding child sex rings, or at least had the knowledge such atrocity's were taking place.

The beast masters are back in power, lock up your children.

www.theguardian.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 8-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Not a suprise at all. I mean, could anyone really see Milliband as prime minister?
Cameron is the lesser of 2 idiots in my mind.

Labour should appoint Milliband's brother David as leader. He comes across as someone who knows what he's talking about and wouldnt bow to pressure in the commons and World politics.
He should never have stood aside to let Ed become leader

I think when people are voting they look at the party leader and think "hmmm would he make a good prime minister?"
And then vote accordingly.
Im not saying everyone thinks this, their local representative is important too, but who becomes PM is definitely in their minds

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
To the surprise of many the UK conservatives have won the general election.
What will be the price that 60% of the population will pay for this outcome?
What will the cuts be and who will be affected?
Will those who voted Cameron back in regret it?
Personally I hope he now nails the blue wannabee voters! I think its a tragedy for ordinary working folk and those even less fortunate!!

What? It's the working people that have voted for Cameron as he is best for them. I visit factories on the morning and hear various things. Maxine said it was because the Tories would make the cuts to the dolies that she voted Tory, like she says her neighbours have got a brand new car on the social, go on foreign holidays, got kids and are both on the sick. Maxine is on minimum wage and works but has a lower standard of living than her neighbours who are dolies on the sick who never have worked in their lives. It's the working people like Maxine who voted in Cameron like Essex man did in the 80's with Maggie, they know life is better and fairer under the Tories

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Labour had a child sex ring in Scotland brushed under the carpet when Brown and Blair were in charge,Cyril smith was another liberal offender-

Been many sex offenders in the uk from all walks of life with majority I expect family members but carry on the mudslinging at a few criminals in the political parties

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Results mean unless you're super rich, you're doomed.

Why spend money on the NHS, disabled, etc... when there's arms industry subsidies, HS2, trident, and hunreds billions more to waste on things only the rich want.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Personally i hold the ones responsible for any attempted cover up just as accountable as the rest.

We should be slinging more than mud at the sex criminals in our political organisations and the people who attempt to shield them.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The win by the Conservatives was primarily partly the result of Cameron winning the beauty contest with Milliband and partly the result of English voters fearing the left-wing Scottish Nationalists controlling Labour Party policies and winning a second referendum from the government. The glaring difference between many polls and the final result suggests that there was a last minute switch of voting intentions from Labour, etc to Conservative as this fear grew during the election.

With UKIP winning only one seat in the House of Commons despite receiving about 12% of the vote is scandalous and proves that the electoral system of "first past the post" is completely broken, as the SLD has been arguing for years. Winning a majority of seats in the House of commons is about the worst form of democracy - indeed, it can be argued that it is not democracy at all because it allows the scenario (too common, now) in which a relatively small proportion of voters in the UK vote for a party because by chance the latter had on average smaller constituencies than any of the other parties and so needed fewer votes to send an MP into Parliament. Far more voters did not support the Conservative Party than supported it, so no one can rationally argue that the new government is supported by most British people. Only a minority of people (mostly living in south or south-east England) voted for this new government. A system of voting that creates a government not supported by most people in the country cannot be regarded as democratic. It is no use trying to excuse this fundamental unfairness by pointing out that people in Britain vote for an MP, not for a party, for this is totally untrue; most voters know little about the character and policies of the candidates and choose them according to their party.
The main parties will not want to change the current voting system to a fairer one like proportional representation because the former gives them an unfair advantage. Politics has become a farce, and I shall not never vote again until the voting system is improved. As this seems very unlikely, I will probably never vote again. So be it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Oh stop whinging. Had Labour crushed everyone else, you'd be singing and dancing but because the opposite happened, you're going to complain?

Personally, I'm extremely glad that the Conservatives DECIMATED Labour, the Lib Dems and even UKIP and forcing their leaders to resign. Cameron and the Tories wiped out almost all their enemies in one day. Props to the Tories for doing so. I'm also extremely happy that Miliband is gone in particular since I never like the guy and thought he was an idiot. No doubt that if Labour was in government today, we'd see the breakup of the UK, millions of extra immigrants that we can't support, and out of control national debt before the 2020 General Election. Labour is utterly useless in every way.

I just hope Cameron sticks to his EU Referendum pledge.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm not a leftie but I began to have strong feelings this election was rigged when my polling card and hundreds of thousands of others weren't delivered and a million people were bumped off the electoral roll then forced to register online. This confusion undoubtedly affected older voters more. It was only by looking it up online I realised my vote still counted and I could just give my name and address at the polling station.

With all of the people affected by the cuts I can't fathom how they won. It's not that I feel any of the other parties were any better; the anger and resentment is so apparent when speaking to people it doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very apt video....

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
12bn cuts to welfare coming from the Tory Party.

Hmmmmm

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Personally i hold the ones responsible for any attempted cover up just as accountable as the rest.
We should be slinging more than mud at the sex criminals in our political organisations and the people who attempt to shield them.

I don't think you'll find anyone disagrees with you here. However, the allegations of historical sexual abuse is not confined to people in authority in Westminster. It's an issue elsewhere, including in Scotland where a public inquiry is being established.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There has already been accusations of fraud and tinkering with the voting system. UKIP members were 'accidentally' left off the ballot papers, a large portion of disabled people were told the couldn't vote because they couldn't access certain buildings and the voting was not allowed to take place outside the building, other people who registered were told when they arrived that they weren't registered and had to rush (some travelling hours) to get voted before the cut off point.

I voted Labour to have the conservatives removed from power. They plan 12 Billion cuts to the welfare system. They have spent five years splitting the British people apart by blaming all the money problems this country face on those on the doll and benefits. My predictions:

Bedroom tax will double in price. People who have off road parking will pay an 'Off Road Parking tax' that includes garages, front yards etc. The Rich will suddenly get a huge tax cut at first a percent or two but then it will secretly be lowered even more to keep Cameron's pockets feeling weighted and heavy and finally the most important for me is that the NHS will be sold off - It will start with a few percent and then they will say 'Well look how good it has gotten since we sold X amount to the private business so we're gonna sell another twenty/thirty percent to make it even better' and it will go on until there is no NHS.

The older generation that are dying off now who fought to get the NHS are the last to show a true fight against the powers that be for their NHS. We owe them our way of life and as they die we will allow the NHS to go, you might say you'll fight to save it and keep it free but I know that there isn't enough people in the world that will change Cameron's mind (only those rich back benchers will be able to do that and they want it sold off).

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
LOL!

Aside from a few different words (Tory, Labour etc) you all could be talking about the American elections from 2014.

or all elections, anywhere, ever. the theatre of imagined choice.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
the NHS will be sold off - It will start with a few percent and then they will say 'Well look how good it has gotten since we sold X amount to the private business so we're gonna sell another twenty/thirty percent to make it even better' and it will go on until there is no NHS.

As long as its still free at point of use and offers good quality healthcare I care little if its private or state owned.

Some of the best healthcare systems in the world have a private healthcare system subsidized by the government for universal healthcare.

Private does not necessarily mean American style hellish health "care"

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
countries a #ing joke

3 hours after they won, DWP declared disability entry to work scheme has been scrapped, which only costs 108m. As well as stopping the right to have a council house for life.

I feel ashamed to be British right now.

Tory, toffy nosed twats.

Elections should be held every year to stop this bull#.

If your a health worker, teacher, doctor or nurse, claim any type of benefits, earn minimum wage, live in a council house, struggle to pay any type of bills - you're more #ed now than you have ever been.

Anybody who supports these #ing animals is brainwashed. Lefty bull#, its not about left and #ing right its about whats right and whats wrong.

Give me 10 days in Parliament and I'd do a better job than these silver spooned #ing wankers
edit on 8-5-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
the NHS will be sold off - It will start with a few percent and then they will say 'Well look how good it has gotten since we sold X amount to the private business so we're gonna sell another twenty/thirty percent to make it even better' and it will go on until there is no NHS.

As long as its still free at point of use and offers good quality healthcare I care little if its private or state owned.

Some of the best healthcare systems in the world have a private healthcare system subsidized by the government for universal healthcare.

Private does not necessarily mean American style hellish health "care"

My sisters & aunts work(ed) in Leeds, LGI & St James' - two years ago my aunt got made redundant because her position wasn't available no more. Now my sisters work for an agency that staffs the hospital, the only real person on a contract (especially during the night) are the Sisters who are like the manager of the ward. My sisters tell me about the complaints from the public all the time. Under staffed & too much work load on agency staff that majority don't have the right education and compassion for the job.

I hate my country, I mean it. 5 million votes between Green party and UKIP and only two #ing representatives in Parliament. Its a #ing joke. An old electoral system that needs to be scrapped.

I'm so wound up today, I woke up and felt like crying. I'm from the north, an area that has high crime rate, bad education, allot of immigrants - I'm at the epicenter of F****D.

Westminster should have no say of what goes on in the north, they don't give a # about up here.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Take a look at the voting map of the uk and notice how England is coloured blue

I'm happy labour are not going to get another chance to ruin us again,as are the majority of UKIP and conservative voters who have had a great day seeing labour fall on it's lying arse

Labour behaved for too long as a UK politicians who looked down upon the English

UKIP got a large share of the vote and only one seat,the system is broken when there is more than a handfull of parties with our current system

Recession has hit ever worker hard in this country and pensioners had their funds stolen by Brown and co

Labour introduced university fees in England but not for their Scottish friends

FFs sake one brother stabbed another brother in the back to lead the Labour Party and labour voters ignored this despicable conduct :-/

LMAO seeing balls lose his seat! Couldn't have happened to a nicer man

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

LMAO seeing balls lose his seat! Couldn't have happened to a nicer man

That made my day

Only would have been funnier if that bitch Harriet Harmon lost hers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join