It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Multi-day Severe weather outbreak for the Southern plains

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EdSurly

Theres another tornado warning with one spotted on the ground at Spur, TX east of Lubbock. Both of these tornadoes (the one east of Quanah and this one) are tracking almost straight east. Keep safe out there!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IngyBall

I am in Missouri at te moment and was also grew up here. Thanks for the future forecast.

The coming weather does not seem all that bad to me, having witnessed Midwest weather for most of my 57 years, it seems mild compared to many other years.

Check out the weather for 1993. abcnews.go.com...

The media over exaggerates things in order to keep us distracted and worried.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Damn, the radar looks apocalyptic...going to be a long night. Keep safe everyone!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: IngyBall

I am in Missouri at te moment and was also grew up here. Thanks for the future forecast.

The coming weather does not seem all that bad to me, having witnessed Midwest weather for most of my 57 years, it seems mild compared to many other years.

Check out the weather for 1993. abcnews.go.com...

The media over exaggerates things in order to keep us distracted and worried.

I actually agree, but never before have I had the tools (internet, pc etc) to sit and watch this unfold. When I was a kid we didn't sit and watch (we couldn't) we just took cover when the tornado sirens blew!

I miss those days!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I miss those days also. Weather excites me, and the more vicious it is the more excited I get. It is sad when folks loose their lives or materiel goods during weather, but I suppose it is the luck of the draw when choosing where to reside. I lived in the Northwest off and on over a few years and it was the most boring weather, wimpy storms and grey drizzle 6 mths out of the year.

Can't wait for it to reach the St. Louis area.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Dang...I could've sworn I posted on this thread this morning. There must be another one floating around, LOL.

We had a crazy night last night with a large, multi-vortex tornado in Denton, Tx. There were also homes flooded, high water rescues, a gas well that got struck by lightning (and exploded, sending a fireball into the air) and a train that derailed. I had to run outside during 70mph winds because my patio furniture was starting to fly off the balcony (I forgot to bring inside, lol)

More crazy weather today, too? Egads...
edit on 8-5-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

This is IngyBalls thread, you posted that on my thread I made last night :-) The tornadic t-storm that was in the Quanah area is now just north of Burkburnett, TX.....70 miles east...and it looks like it's just about ready to cross the Red near Waurika, OK. IF it takes a left turn Duncan would be in it's target area.
edit on 8-5-2015 by EdSurly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I can tell you just by looking at the first weather pic......JadeHelm.

Come on....look at the geographical region.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
3 more tornadic storms north of Haskell, TX...not going to get any tornadoes here at home tonight. WOOT! BUt we have a ton of water. My yard has standing water in it. Don't remember that ever happening before.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I miss those days also. Weather excites me, and the more vicious it is the more excited I get. It is sad when folks loose their lives or materiel goods during weather, but I suppose it is the luck of the draw when choosing where to reside. I lived in the Northwest off and on over a few years and it was the most boring weather, wimpy storms and grey drizzle 6 mths out of the year.

Can't wait for it to reach the St. Louis area.

I'm the exact same way, God help me I love it so...smells like.....VICTORY lol

KFOR on the left screen, ESP Interactive radar on the center screen, News9 OKC on the right screen and KSWO Lawton on the TV! BRING IT!!!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Today is supposed to be another horrible day for storms. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone! Stay safe!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

The national weather service now has better prediction models that employ very fast computing software. It is just a progression in technology that gives us better information. Nothing fishy about it.

edit on KSat, 09 May 2015 13:17:01 -0500pm3120150140 by Kratos40 because: spelling

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't been posting in this thread, I had school Friday, Saturday Morning I was studying for AP exams when I finished that the Cisco tornado was occurring and I was watching that on the live storm chasing streams. Today could be another active day if the sun comes out, but the threat for flooding definitely looks high right now. It also looks like this will reset this week again and from what I'm hearing another thread may be needed for the 17th-20th time frame, by that time all my AP Test will be done.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm in North Dakota and there's snow coming down. From the looks of some of the ponds I've gone by there's going to be serious flooding concerns up here.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lots of people woke up in Dallas this morning with sirens going off. There were a couple of swirling funnels in The Colony headed right for my area. Luckily it was brief and the tornado warnings were canceled.

Now it's floods. I looked at radar and it's a very long line of storms coming up all the way from Mexico. Good grief!

We are also under another tornado watch.

Stay safe everyone!
edit on 10-5-2015 by texasgirl because: Spacing issues

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I'm in North Dakota and there's snow coming down. From the looks of some of the ponds I've gone by there's going to be serious flooding concerns up here.

I saw that on the news. Crazy!!! I was just telling a friend I would rather have my weather than yours, LOL.

Stay warm!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Fortunately we're just heading through to Idaho. One of the joys of driving a truck. I've left places with single digit temps, and ended the day with 80 degree temps.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join