It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Wants Your DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

New studies through Apple's ResearchKit offer thousands of iPhone users the chance to analyze their genes.
Earlier this year, Apple’s ResearchKit apps brought scientific studies to people’s fingertips. Though the apps aren't yet foolproof, they allow eligible iPhone users to participate in scientific studies, recruiting thousands of participants at a speed never thought possible. Now two new studies out of the University of California, San Francisco and Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City will release an iPhone app to recruit people for genetic research; participants will send in samples of their DNA in order to better understand how their genetics connect to disease, according to an article published yesterday in MIT Tech Review.

Link

so your mobile phone will get your DNA.
I wonder if NSA are behind this?
and I bet the police & FBI will use it to.

and the fools will fall for it!
They will get your DNA one way or another.

edit on 7-5-2015 by buddha because: why not?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think it is safe to assume the purpose of this initiative is not as described. Probably not meant to create records for specific individuals (although that is a bonus, and I am sure they will be kept too), but maybe something to map the occurrences of specific phenotypes by region, race, and other demographic metrics.

Knowledge is power, and this is just another extension of that.

I am sure the NSA-type-logic of "we don't really know why we want this, but when we have it, we will figure out ways to use it later sometime" applies here too. Also... if personal phone numbers have immense re-sale value among corporations, what kind of resale value do personal genomes command?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I can't imagine that the FDA wouldn't have a few things to say about this. 23andme got into hot water for giving out health information related to DNA. It would be weird if this gets a pass and it's even less controlled (from the sounds of it).

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

and I want apple (joke)

does it matter if they have my DNA ? (not a joke)

edit on 7-5-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: joeraynor

specific phenotypes by region, race, and other demographic metrics

lol and your DNA will tell them that

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
1 more reason for me to dislike apple.
They wont get my dna! Yall must be trippin

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Absolutely it would. They know your region because they know where your sample originated. They know your race, possibly because they asked (because if they are sampling something as invasive as a genome study, how comparatively invasive is asking for race on an attached questionaire among many other questions?); if they didn't ask, they might also be able to tell by identifying race-specific sequence groups (and these DO exist, or there wouldn't be races to begin with).

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So someday instead of unlocking with a fingerprint you'll get a poke every time u want to google something. That may just work to keep people off their phones and enjoy reality. I really want to make a duck face and send it to my friends but my finger can't take many more pokes today and I need to look up cat memes before bed. Dang.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like APPLE wants your DNA, rather the hospitals doing the studies.

I'd like to have my DNA analyzed. Actually, if I could have it sequenced into 1's and 0's in its entirety -- that'd be awesome.

I want my entire genome etched into a crystal and stored in a geologically safe location. Or shot into space if that can be done. Perhaps 100,000 years from now someone will find my genome and clone me back to life.

I shall return from death!
edit on 7-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I've heard that before, she is probably not really on the pill.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

edit on 7-5-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: joeraynor

I always pictured Jobs and Gates rolling around on a huge pile of cash pissing them selfs laughing at us all

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well hey, people will always volunteer for anything, including giving their soul away. DNA is a no brainer. Guess why so many innocent people will be unexplainably indicted for horrible crimes they sincerely never committed in the near future? Because, “You can just engineer a crime scene,”

Scientists in Israel have demonstrated that it is possible to fabricate DNA evidence, undermining the credibility of what has been considered the gold standard of proof in criminal cases.

RSS Feed
Get Science News From The New York Times »
The scientists fabricated blood and saliva samples containing DNA from a person other than the donor of the blood and saliva. They also showed that if they had access to a DNA profile in a database, they could construct a sample of DNA to match that profile without obtaining any tissue from that person.

Dan Frumkin, lead author of the paper, which has been published online by the journal Forensic Science International: Genetics. “Any biology undergraduate could perform this.”

Bold text DIRECTLY relates to this very initiative.
So do not be so quick to volunteer your soul to the Devil, because he always has plans for it.

Dont forget they warned you six years ago, imagine where they have already utilized this to their advantage.

In fact it was brought up twice on ATS when this occurred in 2009 and again in 2011. It seemed the community had no interest in this very dangerous discovery at the time. What else could have been distracting us from this very significant story that probably has more bearing and consequence to everyday life than much of what else happened that year. hmmmm....
edit on 5/7/2015 by DYepes because: adding content

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You are correct.

NSA wants your DNA. Not apple

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
bump to plead for the community to actually care that DNA evidence can be fabricated with only a profile and no actual samples of a persons DNA. Lets all be part of the next great reality show hit "Who wants to be falsely convicted of murder/rape???"

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It may be just another meme or programming to hook us into giving our DNA to the moon, saturn's moon, for their recycled matrix trap. just finished over 6 hours of video in the language, from the etymology of many languages and the apple is the moon. Not our friend or anything, and it damn well wants our DNA.

I'm going to nard it spiritually and after death instead:

Balls of Steel - The Ultimate Nutshot

Picture kicking it right into a black hole and freeing everyone there. After watching that this is so easy to decode in meaning. The Apple corporation was brought up alot.
edit on 8-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

oh that video never gets old lol. I love when it pops up randomly in conversation somewhere on the internet. Thank you for that. truly epic.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Its funny some try to get the message out about the moon, ie saturn's moon really, must caused a lot of floods and disasters when it moved in. The corporations just play along with this insanity, like groupees, thinking they're immune to it all.

Earth always has things so extreme, like a charictature with all the el ites laughing at us, mocking us. Apple right up there with the worst of them. So much for your better computer company.

SZA - "Ice Moon" (Official Video)

Silver Apples of the Moon

Moondog

Even older music had these titles.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
While I must in good conscience say you should never willingly submit your information anywhere (be it DNA or otherwise), the reality is that if [fill in the blank here] wants your information, they will get it one way or another. Let's look at DNA since it is the topic of this thread. Apple aside, how many people have participated in the DNA swab from Ancestry.com or maybe through National Geographic's Genographic Project? How many people have had their blood taken in any hospital or clinical setting in the past 10 years? And if you want to be that one lone holdout who has never been to the hospital and doesn't go online, well...they'll just grab one of your trash bags at the curb on garbage day.

If someone has a reason to want your DNA, there are a million ways for them to get it without you ever knowing. That being said....why make it easy for them?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, you have to realize that this is really not the only way TPTB could conceivably collect this kind of info. I mean, if you ever have your blood drawn for any medical purpose, they could easily tap into that and have a pretty large database right there. Most people will (sooner or later) give some kind of biological sample to a doctor or hospital. And that's tied directly to your name SS# and all that other stuff.

My guess is this is just a tactic to try and get everyone into the system and make it easy to suck up as much info as possible with the cheapest and easiest method. Now that they have the "smartphone" thing going on, they can pretty much do anything you can think of through that universal technology. And people will participate without thinking simply because they've been conditioned to do what's hip and cool.

I mean, I've literally seen threads asking people to take pictures of their eyeball and their fingerprints and people actually do it. It doesn't get any more obvious than that.

I tend to think of this kind of thing as fill in the blanks technique. They don't care whether or not they get every solitary piece of data on every solitary person in one go. The way they seem to look at it is just piecing it together. If they don't have your retina scan, they'll get it (one way or another) eventually. Same goes for any other conceivable personal data.

People are going to be in for a big surprise when they show up for a routine dr visit someday and get taken into custody for having the same general brain pattern as Ted Bundy (or some ridiculous crap like that). Even though they're not a serial killer, can't take that risk.

new topics

top topics

join