It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gohmert Statement on Jade Helm Exercises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert echo's concerns expressed by Governor Abbott and Celebrity Chuck Norris about Jade Helm 15 Exercise.

gohmert.congress.gov

“Over the past few weeks, my office has been inundated with calls referring to the Jade Helm 15 military exercise scheduled to take place between July 15 and September 15, 2015. This military practice has some concerned that the U.S. Army is preparing for modern-day martial law.

Certainly, I can understand these concerns. When leaders within the current administration believe that major threats to the country include those who support the Constitution, are military veterans, or even ‘cling to guns or religion,’ patriotic Americans have reason to be concerned. We have seen people working in this administration use their government positions to persecute people with conservative beliefs in God, country, and notions such as honor and self-reliance. Because of the contempt and antipathy for the true patriots or even Christian saints persecuted for their Christian beliefs, it is no surprise that those who have experienced or noticed such persecution are legitimately suspicious.

Louie put this out on May 5th and I've seen little comment in the media or here on ATS about his press release.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I didn't see any comments on this release.

You know, I am kind of surprised so many people are actually paying attention.

Especially, when you have the gov telling everyone it is a fantasy.

I'm not sure what to think. Is it just me or...

Are Conspriacy Theorists starting to get a little credibility ?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'm not buying this military takeover...they have had drills before in other states and they will continue to have drills in Texas..I think folks jump on board with the military takeover given our current president....just my two cents..the flip side of it is the corporations already have the monopoly on us...these are simply urban warfare scenarios and one can expect that each year they will get bigger and not smaller..surf the net to see over the years how many of these have taken place...
edit on 7-5-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
One thing that this statement brings up to me is something that many seem to have forgotten or ignore:

The military tends to be conservative. The people he's referring to in his statement tend to be conservative.

So really...he's advancing the idea that a currently very liberal administration is somehow going to get a group of largely conservative folks to go after a bunch of other conservative folks? Who, not to mention, are also Americans?

I can't wait till JH is over and this horse can finally rest in peace, rather than being beaten to death on a daily basis.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
All of this talk stems from one simple fact. Contrary to what the media and others on the Leftside of the isle want us to believe, the majority of Americans just don't trust the government. Especially this administration, must less past ones. Every single gun owner i know, and i know a lot, silently listens to every news story and looks at it from different angles because they don't trust the media either.

There's a lot of mistrust in this country from a lot of different types of Americans. This level of mistrust is not sustainable without something bad happening. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Pretty sure Gohmert either is or was on the Congressional Homeland Security Committee
That's the one where Congressmen get to ask questions and DHS tells them "it's a National Security secret we can't tell you about). Seriously, DHS has refused to allow them to see certain documents on multiple occasions. If things are too risky to tell Congress then we really shouldn't trust them at all.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here is my thoughts on JH. The NDAA allows for the military to assist or be involved in law enforcement for narco trafficking and human trafficking. Then you have the fact ISIS is saying they have fighters in multiple states and some newscast I saw said that ISIS had camps in Mexico. If they are going to go after any of these 3 things they have to get into the community and start gathering human intelligence. For the military, I think we would expect them to approach a problem different that civilian law enforcement and it wouldn't surprise me to use their military and combat experience to address problems in similar ways as they always have. It is representative of the culture they come from...military not law enforcement.

If they are going after any of the 3 criminal groups they are sanctioned for then they certainly wouldn't tell everyone they are coming after them. It is ONLY an Exercise! They stated their goals to blend in and gather intel on suspicious activities...i.e. terrorist or criminal activities. What to do with the intel, further planning and operations of course. I think people get all hyped up on martial law, but it would be a very difficult prospect in the country as large as it is and armed as it is. Not only that, but the very folks are also Americans. I really believe it is operational intelligence gathering and the stated what they are going to be doing so people think it is what is expected to be asked about suspicious activities.

Now, as far as most people I know, a stranger or group of strangers coming around will stick out big time. And when they start asking probing questions about seeing something suspicious the cat is out of the bag immediately. Intel isn't easily gathered by outside sources, hence the recruitment of people within a group or becoming accepted first as part of the group. But, most Americans wouldn't have a problem turning in suspicious acting muslims. It all leads to me thinking they are starting to look for these (stupid operationally speaking) ISIS or other Islamic jihadists in the country that say they are here and have fighters. It is one thing to false flag a society where you are in control of the situation. It is another matter for foreign operations within your own backyard.

To summarize, it is an intel operation that has an ability to make strikes should they step in a snake den. Looking for these fighters that could cause a problem outside the governments control structure like damaging something real important to said government.

ETA: I have spoken with many in law enforcement and the military. The majority are not keen on turning against citizens, there own family, friends, and countrymen. So, martial law is problematic regardless what some in an civil administration would love to see.

edit on 7/5/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Bingo..
It doesnt matter if they are about to declare martial law, or if they are getting people used to seeing military on the streets, or if it's just a training exercise.

There is a serious level of distrust in the country that should be a concern to everyone.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

exactly, it really doesn't matter either way. The fact that so many different types of people in this country believe this way or that way about so many different aspects of American life should have those of us who pay attention to the news very worried. I sure hope I'm wrong, but it isn't looking good.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wow. Now the troops are another conservative targeted hated group? When does it end.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Around Sept.....when it turns out to have been nothing like assumed by worriers.

Watch

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Time will tell.

My money is on US government planing bad bad things.

I just go by history and who is in charge.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

There's a lot of mistrust in this country from a lot of different types of Americans. This level of mistrust is not sustainable without something bad happening. Just my two cents.

It's a damn shame that they have turned us into "different types of Americans" when we should be Americans!
edit on 8-5-2015 by botay because: got my quote bubble wrong

new topics

top topics

join