It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God a Religious Nut or just an innocent creator being?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What were the supposed good intentions?
1. God creates man and fallen angle/angel Satan boomerangs it with giving man free will.
2. Satan by giving man free will; man then creates religion/dogma to define God (or himself as a fixer).
3. God allows all sorts of religions (different areas to pop up) in order to give hope to these depressed areas.
4. God is totally innocent and had no idea of what was to come of this "enlightenment" experiment.
5. God knew exactly what IT was doing and allowed everything (WHY)?
6. God needs to have something to define it (humans) otherwise cannot understand what it is.
7. IT wants to be king of the world and the yoke is religion first; (not science as this method will never prove it).
8. Its all based in FAITH of a higher being and God is testing the human.
edit on 6-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Everything one knows about God is written down by man therefore God is not a religious nut - Man is.

God probably just has a really really bad headache from facepalming a lot.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
1. God creates man and fallen angle/angel Satan boomerangs it with giving man free will.
2. Satan by giving man free will; man then creates religion/dogma to define God (or himself as a fixer).
3. God allows all sorts of religions (different areas to pop up) in order to give hope to these depressed areas.
4. God is totally innocent and had no idea of what was to come of this "enlightenment" experiment.

5. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Why?

To make an example of the wages of evil and what it does to those who never stop sinning and never want to.

When judgement day comes, everyone will know what they knew already, but didn't heed.

Just my opinion, that's all.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Well, I don't believe in god or the accuracy of religious views. However, considering you're talking about the Christian god, whom is Omniscient and Omnipotent, that would mean that he was fully aware of ever action he would ever do, the consequences of them and what those consequences would do the his creation.

Let me ask you this. Why would he create Satan if he knew Satan was going to be the individual he is? Conversely, why would he make a forbidden fruit even though he knew for a fact that it would be eaten anyway?

The entire concept is ridiculous, and the only conclusion would be that God intentionally let it all happen whilst doing nothing at all to refrain it from becoming what it did. There for it was his plan in the first place for the fruit to be eaten, all the people to suffer and die throughout the years, so on and so forth.

The Cristian God is an Evil one.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Everything one knows about God is written down by man therefore God is not a religious nut - Man is.

God probably just has a really really bad headache from facepalming a lot.

I agree; its just an interpretation of what MAN thinks GOD is. Why is this so important to God Aspect (like a child needing love from its parents) when this scenario is BACKWARDS thinking. We need to know our creator loves us similarly. God is showing an ego or has weakness/pride and is fallible.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

1. This "god" only represented the fight against people who chose to act out and gain knowledge of life. To gain knowledge of things and to always ask "why?"
2. "Satan" only tempted woman to eat of the tree of wisdom. Therefore "Satan" never did anything and woman simply chose to seek out wisdom and truth. Choice is evil to this creator god.
3. No, the god of the Hebrew/Christian bible very much condemns different lifestyles and condones genocide.
4. No, the god of this "script" is a megalomaniac.
5. "IT" being the choice of free will, the seekers of wisdom, and the attainment of knowledge. The only "IT" in the bible is the propaganda supported by state propaganda. The oldest being an "unknown" god.

edit on 6-5-2015 by OrphanApology because: grammar hammer

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well you asked...

God created angels and He created them first. Then He created man and I would say that He did this because angels just weren't quite good enough. Imagine a human, endowed with a spirit that can grow to become a force in it's own to rival or exceed an angelic spirit after a life of the right kind of advancement. Definitely an improvement. If God exists, and we are all free to believe either yes or no, then just as any other being would do He would strives to procreate and enrich His world with those that are like Him. Read the Book of Enoch if you have not already it fills in a lot of details.

And BTW, religion is strictly the work of man and generally for profit. God set out rules, NOT doctrine.
edit on 6-5-2015 by BennyHavensOh because: To add

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I like the way you speak.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
originally posted by: Ghost147

Ghost147: Well, I don't believe in god or the accuracy of religious views. However, considering you're talking about the Christian god, whom is Omniscient and Omnipotent, that would mean that he was fully aware of ever action he would ever do, the consequences of them and what those consequences would do the his creation.

Christian only in sense of a Satan being. There are others Allah/Muslim, Siddhartha/ Buddhist, Krishna/Hindu that arose in different impoverished areas. I am not convinced this being had all knowledge of what was to take place later in history. I think IT blinked.

Ghost147: Let me ask you this. Why would he create Satan if he knew Satan was going to be the individual he is? Conversely, why would he make a forbidden fruit even though he knew for a fact that it would be eaten anyway?

How would IT know; created Hitler being as well and allowed for outcomes is all, positive/negative that is why it was an experiment.

Ghost147: The entire concept is ridiculous, and the only conclusion would be that God intentionally let it all happen whilst doing nothing at all to refrain it from becoming what it did. There for it was his plan in the first place for the fruit to be eaten, all the people to suffer and die throughout the years, so on and so forth.

The Cristian God is an Evil one.

I am not arguing this with you. I have similar questions.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think you might be looking at God in the wrong light. The many different religions and challenges we face as human beings allow us to grow as soul and also add these experiences to the collective consciousness. If you add in karma and reincarnation there is a certain fairness and meaning to life.

*this is my belief / opinion*
edit on 2015/5/6 by Metallicus because: Added disclaimer

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BennyHavensOh
Well you asked...

God created angels and He created them first. Then He created man and I would say that He did this because angels just weren't quite good enough. Imagine a human, endowed with a spirit that can grow to become a force in it's own to rival or exceed an angelic spirit after a life of the right kind of advancement. Definitely an improvement. If God exists, and we are all free to believe either yes or no, then just as any other being would do He would strives to procreate and enrich His world with those that are like Him. Read the Book of Enoch if you have not already it fills in a lot of details.

And BTW, religion is strictly the work of man and generally for profit. God set out rules, NOT doctrine.

Are you certain of this? The angels were not perfect (you would think they would have been) had jealous tendencies and mated with mankind. Rivals indeed; you speak a truth, Angels were not endowed with 'eternal' afterlife because they are not 'individualized spirits' they are of a collective hive (like bees) purpose of mating to become denser/material. The AUO exists to my mind, but is just very childlike (autistic even). I am very familiar with the Book of Enoch. Religion is a for prophet/profit business. There are no rules; everything is allowed.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think you might be looking at God in the wrong light. The many different religions and challenges we face as human beings allow us to grow as soul and also add these experiences to the collective consciousness. If you add in karma and reincarnation there is a certain fairness and meaning to life.

*this is my belief / opinion*

Looking at God in the wrong light? Is this not OUR illuminator our God creator; all light other than shadow describes. What shadow then does it seem to hide within? I understand Dante's interpretation of the progression of the individualized soul.
I would hope for more compassion and fairness from our creator being. Seems we were hung out to dry (karmic retribution) and were not given the rule book to being human.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I love how simple and true you created this trivial.

Questions those who put their life heart and faith towards , could never answer honestly and don't want too. . They will be forced to live honestly and like everyone else.

And the thought of no shiny kingdom is just not realistic. .

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BennyHavensOh
Well you asked...

Are you certain of this? The angels were not perfect (you would think they would have been) had jealous tendencies and mated with mankind. Rivals indeed; you speak a truth, Angels were not endowed with 'eternal' afterlife because they are not 'individualized spirits' they are of a collective hive (like bees) purpose of mating to become denser/material. The AUO exists to my mind, but is just very childlike (autistic even). I am very familiar with the Book of Enoch. Religion is a for prophet/profit business. There are no rules; everything is allowed.[/quote]

Well I am relatively certain, though it is only my heart and mind that tells me so. I have read much and although churches may stick to the old "God is and always was perfect and knows how it all will pan out in the end" way of thinking, I see NO degradation in the concept that even God can learn from what actually pans out and changes His plans accordingly. In fact, I would argue that the change from the Old Testament approach of "an eye for an eye", and the New Testament correction of love your neighbor as you would love yourself, is another clear indication that even God realizes that change may sometimes be required.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

and were not given the rule book to being human

We have to figure that out by ourselves, through choices, trials and hardship, suffering.......

Totally sucks, but seems to be the case.

Some of is just need to hang in there and stay positve, we may be growing strong roots without quite realizing yet.

After this phase maybe things will make more sense.
edit on 6-5-2015 by GoShredAK because: Quote

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
originally posted by: OrphanApology

vhb: What were the supposed good intentions?

OrphanApology: 1. This "god" only represented the fight against people who chose to act out and gain knowledge of life. To gain knowledge of things and to always ask "why?"

Fighting those it created (disagreement with a son or daughter)? God is not an imbecile. Representation without taxation? I think God was in 'information collection mode'.

OrphanApology: 2. "Satan" only tempted woman to eat of the tree of wisdom. Therefore "Satan" never did anything and woman simply chose ssek out wisdom and truth. Choice is evil to this creator god.

God allows for 'choice' created; (whatever consequences). Satan and the Evil Woman easily seduced. Choice is not evil, its an aspect of the "freewill" gift and can cause chaos.

OrphanApology: 3. No, the god of the Hebrew/Christian bible very much condemns different lifestyles and condones genocide.

And Islam's (Allah) then; is a more just God.

OrphanApology: 4. No, the god of this "script" is a megalomaniac.

It is one God, all of the major religions are monotheist; unless you are the variable: pagan.

OrphanApology: 5. "IT" being the choice of free will, the seekers of wisdom, and the attainment of knowledge. The only "IT" in the bible is the propaganda supported by state propaganda. The oldest being an "unknown" god.

The 'unknown' would be Agnostic in faith. You bring up the "Bible", you probably have more insight to its writings than I and cannot engage in 'scripture wars' with you.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

1. There is no "seduction" in the attainment of knowledge. We either seek knowledge or we do not. It will always be fought against by the "powers that be". God and the state, if there is a difference.
2. Any of these deities are what my now deceased friend referred to as "severe rat bastards". Allah, "Yahweh", Zeus. Rat bastards...all of em'.
3. Polytheism is a thing. Please read more. I don't care to educate you on religious history.
4. I probably do...anyone who has read anything probably does.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The beautiful thing is...

You can believe whatever you want!

There is no answer.

Live your life by creating guidelines developed from your own perception without harming anyone in the process. Be open to the possibility that a god could choose to be any or none of those things.

What if a god created everything BUT humans and we evolved naturally through evolution? Was that the "plan" all along?

Devine Evolution!?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I love how simple and true you created this trivial.

Questions those who put their life heart and faith towards , could never answer honestly and don't want to . They will be forced to live honestly and like everyone else.

And the thought of no shiny kingdom is just not realistic. .

This is not trivial; this is serious business. It involves faith and trust in an unknown that no scripture/dogma Man wrote can assure is correct (corrupt). Shiny Kingdom EXISTS Elementalist.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

and were not given the rule book to being human

We have to figure that out by ourselves, through choices, trials and hardship, suffering.......

Totally sucks, but seems to be the case.

Some of is just need to hang in there and stay positve, we may be growing strong roots without quite realizing yet.

After this phase maybe things will make more sense.

I have heard this is point of existence; to understand our reason for being (relationship to a higher being based on faith alone) and our progression as individualized souls. The unknowing SUCKS, there are supposed 'tools' out there; but I mistrust them (religious dogmas interpreted/written by man).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join