It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#WWJVD: Game of Drones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In January, two Al-Qaeda hostages—one American and one Italian—were killed in a U.S. counterterrorism drone strike operation in Pakistan. On this episode of Off The Grid, this question was posed: Are drones a necessary evil or do they do more harm than good? Tune in to this all new #WWJVD for my opinion.

Do you think drones are a necessary evil? Let me know what you think.
edit on 6-5-2015 by JesseVentura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm probably going to catch hell for this.

But I believe they are a necessary evil to attack people that attack civilians. But what they have become is something that causes more harm than good.

Targeted individuals repeatedly hide among their family and civilians. In drone strikes against them we in turn have to kill innocences . So they are definitely doing more harm than good.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why Is Jessie bobbling back and forth? Drugs?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I still can't see other than a white screen. Perhaps you could also post a link to the site where we can watch it?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Jesse has done this type of thing for a loooooooooooong time. Years at least. Given the person can't help it I imagine its just best not to ask. >.<

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
When looking at some of the history in this growing technology and where it is all going, it is what it is.

With America playing with the new toy on the block, I hope it is strong enough to learn from its mistakes and improve its policy and procedures. As the amount of toys in the box is jumping and spreading to new levels of death and destruction it does make one wonder.

Why do we spend so much on something that we will all get, while so little on the things we all miss out on.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Why are you bobbing back and forth to attack anti gov people, drugs ?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Jesse

US drones are another aspect of US business which is war.

The more people get killed and more weapons are built, the more money military industrial complex makes.

This is form of Satanism.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Maybe this is too simplistic....but why can't the military send in moles to ISIS and Al Qaeda hot spots and poison them? "Hey guys, thanks for letting me join your club. I made some awesome spaghetti to celebrate, eat up!"

It would be cheap, effective and would greatly reduce the risk of collateral damage. Oh wait.... the military complex has no desire to be cheap and effective and they couldn't care less about collateral damage. They just want to ensure never-ending war to ensure their relevance/paychecks.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
PS I love you Jesse!!!!! xoxoxoxo Keep up the good work!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
First : Necessary evil ? I think it is when applied reasonably. When the government has the right to use drones against US citizens anywhere in the world without a fair trial ? No.
As far as Jesse "bobbing" I have a friend that does that after multiple energy drinks.....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Seriously? I mean is there something you know that others don't? Or do you get off trying to attack people in the public eye? There could be dozens of reasons and certainly on a public forum isn't the place for Jesse's or anyone's personal matters. It would be one thing if you just noted that he was moving back and forth but to say its drugs is just a dick move. Your post is stupid...are you on drugs? Dick

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Drones are the logical progression of advanced warfare. I mean it was always gonna happen. The technology is not evil that makes no sense. It is just another way of fighting a war. As far as the horrors of war go I think there are a lot better examples then drones.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
In January, two Al-Qaeda hostages—one American and one Italian—were killed in a U.S. counterterrorism drone strike operation in Pakistan. On this episode of Off The Grid, this question was posed: Are drones a necessary evil or do they do more harm than good?

If only 2% of those killed are high value targets than hell ya more harm then good. Drone King Obama has changed the wording to anyone over fighting age in proximity to value target is not innocent. Even with that clause they kill more children than targets.

As this awesome Interactive lays out for you..
drones.pitchinteractive.com...

and yeah they do more harm cause we were droning Yemen to death and they the terrorist were still able to overtake the gov. Or maybe the drone strikes is what banded them together. Or maybe our drones are working for the guy calling the targets, and that guy has other interests above mine & yours. None of the above would surprsie me a bit.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I think drones are a necessary evil and they do both more harm and more good. It's a lot easier for a guy in a booth to kill people than to actually go in the field and do it themselves. However, a drone operator can be somewhat detached from his/her actions, like the bomber pilot dropping bombs, they never really see the devastation they cause. Drones are much more efficient cost-wise, both from a personnel and capital cost vantage, fewer pilots get shot down by AIMS and SAMS obviously since they are not in the drones.

My real problem with drones is it enables almost conscienceless killing. I think killing really needs to be up close and personal, simply to make sure a person has no option other than to understand the gravity of what they are doing to another human being. For normal people, yeah it messes you up later when you try to justify what you've done for king and country, but there are consequences for actions, they should be considered.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/9.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No, he's ancient.

I love the man to death, but he's old.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I find it interesting that people have considerably less to say about the drones killing their usual targets, which are always human beings. Sure, in times of war (manufactured war, but still war), sometimes things are too hostile to manage. That's when things like drones ought to be utilized.

But come on, do you really believe our government is using fair discretion on when to use drones? When do they use fair discretion on anything? They don't give a good god damn about us.

Jesse makes this point. Four-hundred-or-so of the people killed by drones are civilians, but they are not mourned or remembered in the same way because they were intended targets. This is an issue because the two killed were NOT the intended targets. They were from two other countries.

You see, the issue is not that we are killing, it's WHO we're killing. It's always in regard to killing the right people, the people 'they' want to die. This is the root of all the problems wrapped around this situation.

This issue requires a level of humanity that most of us are lacking anymore. And so long as this is the case, it will never be resolved. Bloodshed will be 'resolved' with more bloodshed until someone breaks the cycle.

Sad.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

You can watch the episode at Ora TV

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrivilegedPeasant

originally posted by: JesseVentura
In January, two Al-Qaeda hostages—one American and one Italian—were killed in a U.S. counterterrorism drone strike operation in Pakistan. On this episode of Off The Grid, this question was posed: Are drones a necessary evil or do they do more harm than good?

If only 2% of those killed are high value targets than hell ya more harm then good. Drone King Obama has changed the wording to anyone over fighting age in proximity to value target is not innocent. Even with that clause they kill more children than targets.
As I posted on another tread this data is skewed and inaccurate. Without reposting the whole thing the basics of it are; "High value" targets may be only a select few put that doesn't mean the other strikes are not warranted. Some one has just manipulated the data to show their case instead of the full picture.

True there is a chance of collateral damage when a missile or bomb explodes near a target...im not rocket surgeon but I stay safe by not being near people and things that might be targets. Not a hard concept IMO

As this awesome Interactive lays out for you..
drones.pitchinteractive.com...

and yeah they do more harm cause we were droning Yemen to death and they the terrorist were still able to overtake the gov. Or maybe the drone strikes is what banded them together. Or maybe our drones are working for the guy calling the targets, and that guy has other interests above mine & yours. None of the above would surprsie me a bit.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

I didn't realize US business was war. What is middle east business then?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join