It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Theory Conundrum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'd heard this theory before, but only really thought about the paradox a couple of days ago.

The stupid theory goes like this:

Aliens... are really super-evolved human beings who are coming back from the future to genetically alter us, and take other measures to improve us.

So if we came back to alter ourselves, but we were already improved as a result of us coming back and altering ourselves, why would we need to come back again? Seeing as we're already improved and all. Gur!

Or would the state of the future require us to repeat the events in the past that caused said future?

And if these questions have to be asked, why not ask this:

How would time travel and manipulation of our past be able to account for this circular logic?

[edit on 22-12-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
That truly is a paradox! It Broke My "Speak And Spell" ahhh my head hurts

But seriously, That really is puzzeling! ill ahve to think about this one

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Nothing gives the ol' noggin' a thumpin' like paradox, eh? There are many other reasons that theory doesn't add up as well...not even considering paradox.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yeah, quite the Catch 22.

But here's my problem with Catch 22.

There's just a point of fact that breaks down Catch 22, which is that the military, being crazy, needs and wants their personnel to crazy. You know, just for consistency.

But the psychology of the training causes things like loyalty, and committment, and unwavering belief that you are the most sane people on the planet.

And that is why Catch 22 sucked.

top topics

join