It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea KN-11 SLBM test April 22nd - US would never see it coming....why no news on this?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
North Korea is just a little puppet of China, if they get caught trying to do something to America and get their ass beat so be it. But if they succeed with an EMP strike China will weigh the odds of winning and follow through to finish the job. North Korea has little to lose besides expendable populace.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: korath

I dunno... The Chinese people now aren't the same ones during the cold war. Ive seen articles discussing Chinese N Korea relations and the Chinese people are tired of supporting n Korea. The comradely they had during the cold war is pretty much gone.

If N. Korea starts something I doubt china will get involved.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You'd be surprised.

- N. Korea has been let off the chain. Russia & China both have a mutual interest in N.Korea. Its a GOLD MINE!

- N. Korea is now starting to spread its wings - - nothing America can do about it now (especially Ashton B. Carter).

*** S.Korea is blind as a bat when it comes to N.Korean affairs & testings. . .

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Americans laugh at how "old-school" N.Koreans are. . .

. . . N.Koreans laugh at americans because how VULNERABLE they're sitting.

N.Koreans are more than likely prepared for an EMP strike. Are you?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Imo NK would be foolish to launch anything at the U.S. Unless they have a way of deflecting what would come at them.

Which brings me to that....what defensive capabilities does NK have?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Cricketine

U make no sense.

How is US gonna retaliate when their entire country is in the stone age? It would've cost the US govt approx $2Billion to upgrade the nation's grid.

. . . But . . . .

Your politicians don't give a rats ass about YOU!

Those politicians already have their bunker w/ clean air & food. They SOLD YA'LL OUT

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Stick around - - your militarized Police State is just blossoming into fruition

You still feel free?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicBullet

N.K. does not have the ability to reduce the US to ashes. Any launch would be detected at which point N. Korea would cease to exist.

Secondly, are you here to engage in debate or just spew forth useless dribble? I ask because of your join date and your posts in various threads thus far.

You seem more intent on trolling than engaging in intelligent debate.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So with NK having 70% of its sub fleet missing.....I have to bring this thread back up....

Here is the thread about the missing sub fleet.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
We still come back to the issue of N. Korea not having the ability to miniaturize nukes for sub launches.

As for conventional anything is possible however I still don't think its going to act as a deterrent. N. Korean subs are older soviet 1960's era boats. While north Korea has a manpower advantage they are stuck in the 1950-1970s tech era. What they do have that is current is not enough to make a difference in combat.

The North Korean military helps keep lil kimmy in power and the population under lock and key. Aside from that they will have serious issues engaging a modern military.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
We still come back to the issue of N. Korea not having the ability to miniaturize nukes for sub launches.

As for conventional anything is possible however I still don't think its going to act as a deterrent. N. Korean subs are older soviet 1960's era boats. While north Korea has a manpower advantage they are stuck in the 1950-1970s tech era. What they do have that is current is not enough to make a difference in combat.

The North Korean military helps keep lil kimmy in power and the population under lock and key. Aside from that they will have serious issues engaging a modern military.

The trouble is, I don't think anyone knows exactly what capability they have on their subs at this point....and the fact remains that around 50 of them are missing at the moment. Quite the statistical nightmare....trying to find 50 subs.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Quality and training is going to trump quantity.

If a war occurs both sides are going to take losses. However North Korea is going to be at a disadvantage and the moment any of the subs conduct a launch the area they are located in is going to be swarmed with anti sub / anti ship assets.

For all we know the comment about losing track of the subs is nothing more than a ruse to allow N. Korea to think they are in a better position than they are.

As an example I don't remember the US / NATO announcing during the cold war that our submarine sosus networks could track Soviet TU-95 bombers based on the vibration the engines put out and its impact on the waters surface.

is the deployment something to be concerned about? absolutely.
Can the subs do damage? absolutely.
If a war breaks out will the N. Korea navy be targeted and destroyed? Absolutely.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There is also this report I read on a couple sites now.

Source

The conflict between two Koreas keeps burning up. Despite the talks of the two countries' representatives, no progress can be seen, but growing military tension.
The US and South Korea meanwhile discuss the possibility to deploy the American strategic bombers B-52 and nuclear-powered submarine at the South Korean territory, according to the Ministry of Defence.
"Our initial concept against North Korea's provocations is deterrence," Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said tion. "We will stand with a powerful war readiness position to deter North Korean provocations and, if provoked, will react harshly to the extent the North Korea would regret it," he noted.
South Korea is also reported to turn back about ten F16 aircraft fighters, participating in the drills in Alaska.
Joint American and South Korean drills generated the renewal of mutual threats between the neighboring countries.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There is also the threat that NK made about attacking homeland US because of exercises going on there until the 28th of this month.

Source

The military drill, involving 80,000 troops from South Korea, the United States, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, France, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, will last for 14 days and end on August 28.

According to South Korean media, it is the largest computerized military exercise and simulates the defense of South Korea against attacks from the North.

So...middle of a drill and they lose track of a lot of subs. Wonder if this was part of the computerized simulation.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

As a rule -
Military operations rarely ever go as planned.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You don't hear about it because it's not hard to detect or stop.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The entire point of subs is not to be found. The majority of these are especially hard to track because of their type and where they operate.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

The US navy tracked soviet subs for days on end, without the Sovs ever knowing they were there.

They weren't trying to track the rafts, etc... from Cuba.

We are talking subs a full generation, maybe more, behind what the US has in the water.

That being said, should the worst come to pass, NoKo only has to be lucky once. The US couldn't make a mistake.

Given the disparity in tech, and training? I'm not horribly worried.

But, luck can make a genius out of any one.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Most of the Soviet boats tracked like that were nuclear though. Their diesel boats were more problematical. A diesel operating in littoral waters would need more sheer dumb luck to find than anything else.
edit on 8/24/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

True enough.

We're still talking a real gulf so far as tech and training are concerned. ...and I'd be hard pressed to believe that this hasn't been discussed/trained/practiced many, many times.

Now if we're talking the latest in diesel subs, such as the Swedish Gottland-class, then I'd be a little worried. Those things are like a hole in the water.

But the NoKo subs aren't anything resembling those...unless they've got newer ones from their "allies"? ...and who would be nuts enough to sell 'em state of the art subs...? Rhetorical...I know who'd be nuts enough.

I bow to your better knowledge on defense matters...you may know something I don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join