It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Woman - Representing God & Jesus - Files Lawsuit Against "All Homosexuals"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You should be angry at your parents for the education they afforded you.

My education was paid for by the GI Bill. Soooo... You paid for it with your tax dollars.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The story of Sodom and Gamorrah in a nutshell..as I remember it..

A couple of angels are sent into Sodom to warn one family that god's wrath is on it's way. this man asks them that if a few more men could be found of worth would god spare the city but well if I remember right, a group of men come to his door and asks the man about the strangers wanting him to send them out to them so they could get to know him. The guy doesn't like the idea so bargains with them and sends his daughter out to them instead which they then proceed to rape and murder. That's when the angels tell him to gather his family and get out of the city!
ya know what, there's two angels with the capability of destroying a city so I have no doubt in my mind they could have protected themselves from the mob of men! and yet the man sends out his defenseless daughter to raped and murdered and the moral of the story is that god doesn't like homosexuals so he destroyed the cities???
really??
you sure the great evil wasn't how they were treating their wives and daughters?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Certainly not unusual for tax dollars to be pissed away.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Suppression is where the government makes it illegal to speak about these things. Last I checked, your freedom of speech is intact. No one is arresting you for speaking hate speech. But you know what else comes along with freedom of speech? The freedom for other people to voice their disapproval of your hate speech. So, no, you are wrong. That isn't suppression, that's the country exercising its freedom of speech to change minds.

What hate speech? Are you sure you know who you're replying too? Once again, I was referring to what the member I quoted the post from said. That people were holding their tongue from the fear of being labeled. That in my book is not freedom of speech but pure suppression.

Heck the fight for female equality and black equality isn't over and those two fights started over a hundred years ago. So if you think for a second that the LGBT crowd needs to shutup because they have a few victories under their belt, you are completely wrong. This fight is FAR from over.

Good, keep fighting.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Do you not suppose the man knew they would turn down his daughters - and that perhaps he was trying to sound nice and amicable to these people who were ready to bust down the door in order to rape a couple people in his house?

That is the most likely scenario here.. that he was making an offer he knew them to refuse, in order to appease them for a short time and perhaps calm some tempers..

Seriously, if a man is gay, you aren't too worried about your daughter being violated in their custody.
edit on 6-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Telos
I was quoting what the guy said.

What guy? No one said that "people have to hide their thoughts", except you. Maybe I misunderstood your point, but it was only because your point wasn't clear at all.

Gay population is strong enough even without your fierce defense

I don't defend equal rights because people aren't strong enough. I defend equal rights because it is one of the founding tenets of this country and I believe in freedom and individuality.

link   

What hate speech? Are you sure you know who you're replying too? Once again, I was referring to what the member I quoted the post from said. That people were holding their tongue from the fear of being labeled. That in my book is not freedom of speech but pure suppression.

No. That is just being afraid of the repercussions of your words. Gay people know all about such feelings. For the longest time, admitting to being homosexual could socially ostracize you, but it was all legal. No one is going to arrest you for not liking gays when it was socially acceptable to be like that, and no one is going to do it now. You just might not have any friends though.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Logic would dictate that if a person feels an attraction for someone of the same gender, and the other person agrees, there is no infraction, nor illogical behavior. Natural law? Then maybe you need to have a talk with the animals. They seem to have a problem keeping to their own gender at times too.

Animals also eat their own young - are you arguing that this should be a logical behavioral extension for humans?

Let's give it a try...animals sometimes sodomize one another, so, logically humans should also. Animals also sometimes kill and eat their own offspring, so let's share some recipes for baby liver with faba beans and a nice chianti.

See how stupid that sounds?

I'm not the one who invoked the natural law argument. You did. I just extended your argument to it's logical conclusion.

I see from your posts above that you're coming from a biblical perspective. That being the case, I understand there is no reasoning with you on this topic. But know this. There are many of us who will no longer remain silent while Christianity dictates and legislates it's draconian morals, ethics, and dogma on the world.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Certainly not unusual for tax dollars to be pissed away.

Well you are the one going on about "Natural law" like there is some decree out there saying that having same sex relations goes against nature. I mean the very fact that it is POSSIBLE implies that it doesn't go against natural law. You see, the only things that are "unnatural" are things that defy physics. Any OTHER interpretation of "natural law" is just misusing the word "natural".

But what do I know? I pissed away tax dollars on my education right?
edit on 6-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

the daughter was raped and murdered

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

SNIP

No. But he certainly has my respect as a member here. And there are some topics we happen to be of similar mind on.
edit on 5/6/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: remove quoted post

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I was quoting what the guy said.

What guy? No one said that "people have to hide their thoughts", except you. Maybe I misunderstood your point, but it was only because your point wasn't clear at all.

I'm replying once again out of respect for a female member. Despite the resentment of your tone and the attitude of "intimidation" you TRY to exercise upon me.

Quoting from that member:

But they would never admit to it, or have the courage to do it themselves. I can think of a few right here in the town I live in.

I don't defend equal rights because people aren't strong enough. I defend equal rights because it is one of the founding tenets of this country and I believe in freedom and individuality.

Self appointment is a syndrome that becomes dangerous.

That being said, all the best and good luck in your virtual fight for freedom and individuality.

link   

who knows maybe homosexuality is natures way of taking care of overpopulation? And well with all the artificial estrogens that are pumped into our environment, well we are just triggering a natural law.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But what do I know? I pissed away tax dollars on my education right?

Well, no - by your admission, I did.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Once again, I was referring to what the member I quoted the post from said. That people were holding their tongue from the fear of being labeled. That in my book is not freedom of speech but pure suppression.

You've got a faulty book. If people CHOOSE to hold their tongue because they don't want to hear what others say, it's self-imposed and has NOTHING to do with suppression or freedom of speech. If the GOVERNMENT arrests you for something you say, THEN it's a freedom of speech issue.

People are FREE to say what they want. There is no guarantee or promise of protection from consequences.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

...there are some topics we happen to be of similar mind on.

That much is clear - if it feels good....do it!!!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Once again, I was referring to what the member I quoted the post from said. That people were holding their tongue from the fear of being labeled. That in my book is not freedom of speech but pure suppression.

You've got a faulty book. If people CHOOSE to hold their tongue because they don't want to hear what others say, it's self-imposed and has NOTHING to do with suppression or freedom of speech. If the GOVERNMENT arrests you for something you say, THEN it's a freedom of speech issue.

People are FREE to say what they want. There is no guarantee or promise of protection from consequences.

I respectfully agree to disagree with what you say and stick to my own opinions. Cheers.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

who knows maybe homosexuality is natures way of taking care of overpopulation? And well with all the artificial estrogens that are pumped into our environment, well we are just triggering a natural law.

Except there has always been a small subset of the population that is gay or homosexual. Did you consider that the reason more and more people are admitting to being gay isn't because more and more people are being born gay than ever before, but because now that it isn't social suicide to say you are gay, more people than ever admit to it? Which means that we've been underreporting the statistic for the longest time.

Plus, homosexuals can have children still. A society of complete homosexuals could exist that planned out when to have children then put them up for adoption once the children were born. It would work, and it would only have to be done for one generation, because the next generation would be largely straight.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No.. they were not.

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry[a] his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”

16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them. 17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!”

www.biblegateway.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join