It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple faces 15 years behind bars after a grandma records them having sex on Florida beach

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Holy crap a couple in Florida is facing 15 years in prison for having sex on a public beach in Florida.

15 years, you have got to be kidding. Have we become that uptight that 2 consenting adults having sex on a beach will get them 15 years in prison?

And they will have to register as a sex offender wich in my opinion just ruins the whole sex offender registry. How are we suppose to know who the real sex offenders are as oposed to the guy that pisses in public or has sex on the damm beach?

couple found guilty of having sex on a public beach in Florida face 15 years behind bars, according to the Bradenton Herald.

Elissa Alvarez, 20, and Jose Caballero, 40, were charged with lewd and lascivious exhibition for an incident at Cortez Beach. The couple claimed they were not actually having sex, but a jury convicted them in only about 15 minutes on Monday.

Both Caballero and Alvarez will now have to register as sex offenders because the crime happened in front of children.

www.rawstory.com...

Someome on the comments at the link pointed out a similar case in Dubai In The United Arab Immirants where a couple was covicted of having sex on a public beach and got 3 months. So now In the good ol USA we are more uptight than the Arab world.

People have sex in public all the time, movie theaters, swimming pools, beaches, freaking bars. why are we so uptight about it? if it was not for sex none of us would be here.

A British man and woman have been sentenced to three months in jail in Dubai after being found guilty of having sex on a beach.

Michelle Palmer, 36, of Oakham, Rutland, and Vince Acors, 34, of Bromley, south-east London, were arrested on 5 July.

They were fined 1,000 dirhams (£160; $350) and will be deported after serving their sentences

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I would hope for a stronger sentence next time, like lethal injection or something.

What if, God forbid, someone with erectile dysfunction witnessed that? That wouldn't be fair now would it?
What if a nun was walking by? My word.
edit on 5-5-2015 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What if, God forbid, someone with erectile dysfunction witnessed that?

I suspect 12 men with ED were the jury.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

This world is chock full of useless idiots. Absurd...Clinton got a BJ in the Oval office and somehow this is worse?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Whoops!!

There's more to the story than they let on ... quite a bit as memory serves. They surely had a chance to avoid being convicted by a jury. Probably wouldn't be looking at 15 years had they just admitted their guilt and moved on.

+6 more 
posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
We were on our Honeymoon on Maui. We were racing back to the condo, and got stopped by an officer. When I told him we were in a hurry to get back to the condo to have sex, he admonished me, and reminded me that there are miles of beach between there and here. He said " You could have juist stopped and had sex on any srtretch of beach with no people, and you should have. Please remember that in the future". He proceeded to give me a ticket for speeding.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
They've already lost everything and in this country there is little chance to repair their reputations. So, at this point they should make a list of EVERYONE responsible for their conviction and make sure they keep track of their whereabouts, for years, if needed. I can't say what an appropriate course of action would be for this couple to take, but the people that did this to them should not get off the hook so easily.

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just because people have sex in public all the time doesn't make it right. There is a time and a place for such behavior and in front of children is not it.

+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

This was in public, in front of children...

if you want to have sex on a beach, do it on one that is privately owned where other people's children are not playing..

It is a problem when you get off having sex in front of kids.

+3 more 
posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I am not saying they are smart because i think they are idiots and should have known better. BUt to put people in prison for 15 years on the taxpayers dime for have consentual sex is effing ridiculous.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I have to say, having been bereft of romantic involvement since 2013, that I am in two minds about all this. On the one hand, I would not wish to allow my curmudgeonly status to affect my opinion of all this, but on the other hand, there are matters of morality and good conduct which these two have surely fallen afoul of.

That being said, fifteen years is a bit of an imposition for anything which happened between consenting adults. Of course, if children were present then a fine would be inadequate, but fifteen years? There are serious assault victims, mugging victims, and all manner of folk who have been damaged by criminal enterprise, whose assailants did not receive that sort of sentence. Frankly, for all that these two behaved rather deplorably and should have known much better, the time they are looking at is entirely inappropriate if you ask me.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious that they're facing 15 years. I also think there's more to the story. No one gets that kind of time for public sex.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ahhh the freedom of Cozumel Lighthouse Point!!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Obsrvr

The prosecution is playing hardball because the couple refused a plea deal that was proposed..I wonder what the offer was?..link in the op has no info on that. 15 years seems absurd, the couple are idiots but you would think there are other more deserving crimes for that type of penalty.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Living in Florida is a bit crazy as you never know for sure what you might face. 2nd degree murder, if you play your cards right you could be out in as little as 7 years. Things are punished much more if you take the courts time and jury's time and are found guilty than if you knew you were guilty and worked it out in a deal. We also have a point system in Florida that most of the country doesn't have. You can be convicted of the same crime say 6 times and face 6 to 9 months each time and then catch 15 years for the same crime if you do it again. They add up points for each conviction on a sentencing scorecard, and it determines your time again in certain cases. I have been drinking on the beach during Spring Break and the police catch us and say things like, "you boys are from here you know better get out of here." Meanwhile 30 feet away they are handcuffing out of stater folks to their motorcycles for the same thing.

It's crazy and on the beaches in my life down here I have seen a lot of folks having sex, drunk or not. I certainly would not expect anyone to be looking at 15 years in our state prison system, especially for a first offense. Stupid yes, prison worthy not! Probation, fines, etc. would handle this situation just fine considering the things that go on in our state. I suspect the jury trial is why they are facing the severe punishment they are. It depends much on the judge and many are going to slam you if you make them go through a jury trial when you know you are guilty. I guess there is a video tape and their lawyer should have not allowed them to go to a jury trial if that was the case.

edit on 5/5/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I wonder how many came here for the video?
edit on 5-5-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
I wonder how many came here for the video?

LOL

Joking aside, 15 years? For doing the most natural thing in the world?

Sure no one goes to a public beach and wants to see that, the couple didnt even plead guilty.

Ive seen some people in the cue at a shop with their ass hanging out the top of their shorts which was probably more disgusting than a couple rolling around in the sand.

This should have been an X dollar ticket and perhaps a ban from the beach.

Also, while we are discussing this all, the kids thing, i get that, but is that really hugely detrimental? No parents whos children walk into the bedroom "during" end up in jail or have messed up kids? nope. Sex offenders list for this too? come on!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Just to be clear the charge of them actually having sex is only alleged. No penetration or genitalia was seen by anyone there and is not caught on video either. What she was doing is grinding on top of him with their suits on. There suits are however really small.

That is also what they claimed in court as well, that they weren't having sex. But apparently as long as someone can imagine that sex you're not having that's as good as the truth now.

This is complete BS. What these people are guilty of is being over affectionate in a public place.

BTW, 1 three year old girl represents the "children" present. The rest were adults who went out of their way to watch, record and complain about this couple. I guess simply walking up to them and suggesting that what they were doing was not appropriate was far too much to ask.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Having seen this and reading the articles the following can be stated:

The charges may seem excessive, however, from what it looks like they were charged with a second degree felony. They were on a public beach, with children around and having sex. That is indecent exposure, and public lewdness and then there are the charges that would be in front of children.
Now based off of the article, the couple was offered several deals to take, which they did refuse. By refusing, then it went to trial and the judge made a statement that such activities is not acceptable in public.
Bottom line is that if you get caught breaking the law and are offered a deal, take it. The results could be far worse.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The story I read earlier even said that the grandma who witnessed this horrendous act was "disgusted" while trying to get her grandkids to "look at the sea shells instead", and then proceeded to reach for her iPhone! I'm not condoning this, but if its truly about the kids, she should've left. I would have. And yeah, "I shouldn't have to", its a public beach, but grab for an iPhone to record it would've been left off of my list of reactions.

a reply to: mOjOm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join