It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting take on Americas warmongering.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
www.monbiot.com...-911

Again the brilliant insight of george monbiot sheds light on the darkness for us all.

In this article he paints a lovely picture of the US army running around the globe. The horde sees something on the horizon and starts shooting it, not realizing they are shooting themselves in the back. A bit like the skake biting its own tail.

I agree with this comparison but would suggest this is deliberate and not down to ignorance, as it is a convinient way to be at perpetual war, and make sure your ammo selling buddies have a whopping market to sell to.

[edit on 22/12/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Noone willing to comment on this?

Not surprising really.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That was a good read.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
the heads will roll once again when truth comes out

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Very interesting I even have nightmares of a NWO like that.

And for the global warming well you have people that straight out tells you is a lie.

No even the signs will make them see the truth.

Sad, but I come from an Island and we can see more of the damage to our environment because we have the ocean all around.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What, you couldn't find any articles on muslim warmongering - even though most of the current wars on this planet are being fought with or by muslims?

comnet.org...

What you have here is just more of the same America bashing some people love to post.

BTW, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

[edit on 12/23/2004 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
intresting read and its all ways funny when reading replys from
bush lovers

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You know...

there are times where I wish Bush would pull all of our forces out of the rest of the world... only so that all the clueless folks who go on and on about 'american warmongering' could get a taste of a chinese prison camp or the underside of russian tank treads.

I hate to break this to you guys: Europe can afford to pursue semi-pacifist ideologies because it is shielded by american arms and american tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
You know...

I hate to break this to you guys: Europe can afford to pursue semi-pacifist ideologies because it is shielded by american arms and american tax dollars.

GET OVER YOUR SELF
laughing at how we in europe are protected by american tax money

remeber the world doesnt revolve around the US
and the US econemy is already starting to crack
america an empire built on sand

[edit on 23-12-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
bush lovers

I guess, by your comment (and your avatar), you cannot find anything to dispute what I said. You're just upset that I made it available for all to see.

Also, when you wrote "Linkin", did you mean "Lincoln", as in US president Abraham Lincoln?

[edit on 12/23/2004 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You know...

GET OVER YOUR SELF
laughing at how we in europe are protected by american tax money

remeber the world doesnt revolve around the US
and the US econemy is already starting to crack
america an empire built on sand

[edit on 23-12-2004 by bodrul]

yep, keep telling that to yourself. Are you the Iraqi information minister in disguise? Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows that the US is not 'about to collapse'.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

bush lovers

I guess, by your comment (and your avatar), you cannot find anything to dispute what I said. You're just upset that I made it available for all to see.

please do inlighten me why i should be upset

intresting read was refering to the first link ( didnt notice the link you put up )

and where im i disputing ( your mind playing tricks again
)

last of all meaning of finding replys from bush lovers funny ( i just find them funny )

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

yep, keep telling that to yourself. Are you the Iraqi information minister in disguise? Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows that the US is not 'about to collapse'.

you deserve a medal
make that a nobal prize

please quote me where i said the US will crumble straight away

read my link and you will see what i was refering to unless you are to stubern to do that

last of all i not even remotly from the middle east or intend to go there

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

bush lovers

please do inlighten me why i should be upset

intresting read was refering to the first link ( didnt notice the link you put up )

and where im i disputing ( your mind playing tricks again
)

last of all meaning of finding replys from bush lovers funny ( i just find them funny )

Wait! I thought you sounded familiar. You must be the (former) Iraqi information minister that kept saying the Americans were being destroyed and would never get to Baghdad - when you could see the US tanks in the background of the TV shot. It takes a unique talent to make war humorous, but it looks like you've got it. Do you have a book or movie due out soon?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"last of all i not even remotly from the middle east or intend to go there"

During WW2 the Germans tried to disguise some of their soldiers as americans so as to send them over the front lines on assassination missions. To counter this, American GIs were told to shoot anyone who claimed to be American/British but spoke in odd phrases and mentioned things like the 'Chicago Red Sox' or 'Ginger Grable.'

You, my friend, would have been shot.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

During WW2 the Germans tried to disguise some of their soldiers as americans so as to send them over the front lines on assassination missions. To counter this, American GIs were told to shoot anyone who claimed to be American/British but spoke in odd phrases and mentioned things like the 'Chicago Red Sox' or 'Ginger Grable.'

Have to agree with you there. Don't think being able to quote "Linkin" would have saved him either.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Wait! I thought you sounded familiar. You must be the (former) Iraqi information minister that kept saying the Americans were being destroyed and would never get to Baghdad - when you could see the US tanks in the background of the TV shot. It takes a unique talent to make war humorous, but it looks like you've got it. Do you have a book or movie due out soon?

man you are so funny i wish ATS gave awards to people like you for putting humour into this forum.

bravo man bravo
i got to hand that to you

trust me you are much better then me
even when you dont try to humour people you still crack us up

you make comical ali look like a fool

you are the man

give your self a pat on the back for making my day and if you have anyone next to you

tell them to give you a pat on the back for me ( you deserve it )

GOD SPEED AND KEEP UP WITH UR HUMOUR
because without you the world would be very dull

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

i dont get this
you saying i am someone from the middle east trying to act british?

just so you know ( i was born in bangladesh and moved to britain when i was 2 )
so that would be long shot from the middle east

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sorry Centurion, your link was almost credible until I came upon this part:

COUNTRY
USA vs poor people

INVOLVED
mostly African American
shooting each others(sic) and others

ISSUES
inner cities poverty, alienation, arms proliferation 9,360 people killed by hand guns in 1998

This MUST be a joke. These "ladies" should also check the details before they post a table of "facts" on the internet.
There has been nothing but a decrease in arms availability in the U.S. for years. The term "proliferation" seems out of place. Perhaps they could change it to "failure of the court system to keep violent criminals off of the streets"
BTW I have heard nothing of the War per Embargo on Cuba involving Libya over the issue of Iran with the number killed being Serbia.

(see the bottom of the page)

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Actually the old world did very well own its own for many centuries, but thanks to enterprises and the new world they are just to Dependant now on the American economy.

But then again such a new world like ours is bound to have its down falls.

Is part of the history of the world and part of human nature.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join