It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antimatter weaponry. 1,000 times more powerful than nuclear weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Well what I meant to say is make a beam.... A special beam.... then anti matter happens. It's not bad science it's weird science. As far as morals, from my heart and from my hand why can't people understand my intentions?

I've already given you guys plenty of hints.

edit on 5-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You must understand that "special beams" just don't do it sir.

As for clues, I was not aware that I was actually looking for them.

Just as a codicil, I am more than aware that you are a very knowledgeable person on the aircraft forums, and I am grateful for your input there.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It's all good. I've offered a few clues but that's as far as I'll go. Special beams will have to do. I don't want to fark up this site.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thank you.

Now for the rest of us humans here is a very simple break down of anti matter. Note above all the cost of anti matter production.

Nasa Anti matter

icon('-up-')
edit on 5-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
anti matter is just a super atomic bomb strength wise. But captain kirk was full of poop on his power estimates. The REal planet killer is not antimatter. it's RKVs. a RKV can literally blow the planet into gravel and fling it out of the galaxy. antimatter bombs cannot do that. saying they can is like saying if you make a fission bomb big enough you can blow up the planet. technically true but blocked by lots of practical considerations.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
anti matter is just a super atomic bomb strength wise. But captain kirk was full of poop on his power estimates. The REal planet killer is not antimatter. it's RKVs. a RKV can literally blow the planet into gravel and fling it out of the galaxy. antimatter bombs cannot do that. saying they can is like saying if you make a fission bomb big enough you can blow up the planet. technically true but blocked by lots of practical considerations.

You were jokin then right? Right?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

There's a fog bank rolling in. Damn sudden weather changes.

I think I'm getting a tan.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Kind of rampant speculation so far right?

We dont really know much about this stuff at all in practice, it could turn out that its not even that dangerous and just makes matter neutral on contact and disappear.

No, we know quite a bit, and yep, it annihilates its counterpart, with a release of gamma radiation.

We dont need more weapons, if we had something with the power of a nuke but zero radiation, that would be a very big problem for the world in general. A country could now erase another AND move in the next day and claim it all.

Well, the "bang" part emits plenty of gammas. Luckily, that doesn't cause a lot of contamination, but it will fry up bystanders quite tidily.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

In order to weaponise antimatter, this would need to change on a massive scale.

Yes, you would, wouldn't you?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I thought that was a training accident.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

How could you send anti matter down a beam that is consistent with matter?

Use something charged. Positrons would do nicely. Then spiral them down a magnetic field line.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I thought that was a training accident.

It's sort of next-of-kin to a helicopter accident.

Dear [fill in the blank],

We regret to inform you that your loved one had an unfortunate training accident in the line of duty, while guarding a patch of desert. We've already (partially) taken care of the cremation.

Love,
USAF

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Positrons are...oh really, use a possible to prove a possible, I expected more from you sir.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Positrons are...oh really, use a possible to prove a possible, I expected more from you sir.

Ahem...are you doubting the existence of positrons?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I wonder what the P stands for in PET scanner. a diagnostic device used in hospitals for several decades now.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Not at all, how about the production and containment, are you suggesting we can do that, and THEN use it to create a narrow containment field in which to focus an anti matter flow?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

You were jokin then right? Right?
no. I'm not. antimatter is powerful but it would be nearly impossible to gather enough and to design a way to make a bomb out of it with the requisite yield to do more than destroy a large state. but if we develop a way to get relativistic speed in general but especially high relativistic speed then destroying the planet is much easier.
edit on 5-5-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)
and when it cameto kirk's estimates of the power of antimatter he shows he wasn't paying attention at the academy. probably too busy bedding alien cat babes.

www.projectrho.com...

1.8 × 10^17 joules 43 Mt TNT = 1 kilogram of antimatter + 1 kilogram of matter

and this assumes perfectly efficient conversion. it turns out the annihilation trigger is not at the nuclear level it is at the quark level. which means that not every collision results in annihilation. it is either a 66 percent or a 33 percent chance of conversion per collision. also once the explosion is initiated the reactants are blown violently apart. In other words most of the reactants are separated. this smears out the explosion over time.
edit on 5-5-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Ok I am sorry. Beam me up Scotty

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Anti matter weapons are actually pretty useful.

That is all I'll say about that.

There's a fog bank rolling in. Damn sudden weather changes.

LOL, nice one.

The Fog of War/
Forgetting what we once knew.

FOGBANK

FOGBANK is a code name given to a material used in nuclear weapons such as the W76, W78 and W80.[1]

FOGBANK's precise nature is classified; in the words of former Oak Ridge general manager Dennis Ruddy, "The material is classified. Its composition is classified. Its use in the weapon is classified, and the process itself is classified."

Department of Energy Nuclear Explosive Safety documents simply describe it as a material "used in nuclear weapons and nuclear explosives" along with lithium hydride (LiH) and lithium deuteride (LiD), beryllium (Be), uranium hydride (UH3), and plutonium hydride.

Many arms experts believe that FOGBANK is an aerogel material which acts as an interstage material in a nuclear warhead, i.e. a material designed to become a superheated plasma following the detonation of the weapon's fission stage, the plasma then triggering the fusion-stage detonation

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
2.7 × 10^17 joules 64.3 Mt = Star Trek photon torpedo = 1.5 kg antimatter + 1.5 kg matter

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join