It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Create Image of Jesus as a Child Using Shroud of Turin, Computer Forensics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Police in Italy used the Shroud of Turin to reverse the image on the shroud to show what Jesus looked like as a child.

That seems interesting, but I don't think it is Jesus on the image, it might be anyone. However, if one believes that, then ok.

The National Police in Italy have reportedly created a digital image of what they believe Jesus Christ looked like as a young child. Detectives used the Shroud of Turin -- a famous relic believed by some to be the burial cloth of Jesus -- to generate a photo of Jesus' face, The Independent reported. The Shroud of Turin has a faint image of a face, which some believe to be Jesus' face imprinted on the cloth after his crucifixion. Police then put the generated image through a computer forensics reverse-aging process to see what Jesus may have looked like as a young boy, according to The Independent.

At least there is an image of someone.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Little did we know: Weird Al is actually Jesus.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Did they also shoot it?

Good thing Jesus's dog wasn't on the shroud .

edit on 5-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It's indeed very neat technology, but since when was the shroud ever proven to be Jesus Christ's death shroud. For crying out loud.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is probably accurate, Jesus was most definitely white and not dark skinned.

/sarcasm

Neat technology but I doubt the Shroud is genuinely a "picture" of Jesus.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Interesting. I didn't ever expect Jesus to be a white girl.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
the shroud of Turin was proven a fake a long time ago \

hmmm

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There is tech now that can 3D print a very close model of a face from just DNA has anyone ever tested the shroud ?

Furthermore, did anyone who actually saw Jesus ever do a painting or even a detailed description?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

What do they not have enough crime there? Why would the police be messing with this? And what does it matter what Jesus looked like as a child? Does that make the Shroud legit now?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Its the spitting image of Leonardo Davinci!

Second line.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

And thank you all for not being anti-Catholic.

At least one thread hasn't been that.

I'm not Catholic, that is why I said if people believe the shroud is the image of Jesus, then that is ok.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Allowing others to believe what they want, may not be a choice.
Allowing others to believe fictions because they want to, may not be choice.

Identifying the taboo on telling someone that they are full of BS, if religious in nature, to some needs to be avoided. I do recognize this adaptive ploy.
Then because it's taboo, I breach the wall anyway.
Allowing stupid to exist as a permanent state behind the wall of orthodoxy is not a social good. It is a pus-filled, maggot attractor to me. Weak minds. the insincere, the ignorant have no right to remain so. This is not PC, I know.
If WE are to advance, we have to drag this crew of smug, willfully ignorant primitives out of their hidey holes and have them face the reality currently beyond their ken. It's what a MORAL person must do.
Gently is good but when I see people parading around in T-shirts proclaiming 'Fear g(G)od', I loudly pronounce that they have chosen the wrong god. Then I ask them if Jesus is the son of god and also god, who was it that knocked up the virgin? What did Jesus do? Are you waiting to go home and do the same?
Screw the goofy believers and everything that they stand for. Belief is right up there with opinions and faith on the Hubris Scale. Circular reasoning and dualism is all that they babble about when defending their illnesses.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
Allowing others to believe what they want, may not be a choice.
Allowing others to believe fictions because they want to, may not be choice.

Identifying the taboo on telling someone that they are full of BS, if religious in nature, to some needs to be avoided. I do recognize this adaptive ploy.
Then because it's taboo, I breach the wall anyway.
Allowing stupid to exist as a permanent state behind the wall of orthodoxy is not a social good. It is a pus-filled, maggot attractor to me. Weak minds. the insincere, the ignorant have no right to remain so. This is not PC, I know.
If WE are to advance, we have to drag this crew of smug, willfully ignorant primitives out of their hidey holes and have them face the reality currently beyond their ken. It's what a MORAL person must do.
Gently is good but when I see people parading around in T-shirts proclaiming 'Fear g(G)od', I loudly pronounce that they have chosen the wrong god. Then I ask them if Jesus is the son of god and also god, who was it that knocked up the virgin? What did Jesus do? Are you waiting to go home and do the same?
Screw the goofy believers and everything that they stand for. Belief is right up there with opinions and faith on the Hubris Scale. Circular reasoning and dualism is all that they babble about when defending their illnesses.

Thank for your thoughtful post.

Allowing someone to believe something is their right, not ours to take it away from them.

Forcing someone to believe something against their conscience is morally wrong.

While you might not believe in something, well noted. Allowing Catholics to have their faith in relics and the shroud, what's it to you and me?

Have they harmed either you or me?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
the shroud of Turin was proven a fake a long time ago

The carbon dating test was done on a patch piece that was put on after the fire. Carbon dating was never done on the shroud itself. The coin on the eyes evidence points to authentic as well as the pollen evidence. The shroud matches the description of Jesus from the gospel accounts. The stains and folds on the shroud match up to the Sudarium of Oviedo

It can't be proven authentic.
But it hasn't been proven to be a fraud either.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

Dear CaDreamer,

I think your statement is basically extremely bold, and clearly incorrect, even from the logical point of view, and well far to be professional at all.

To prove that something is authentic talking about extremely old or archaeological objects is a process that is never carried out using only one method or technique of validation, it requires cross validation using many different strategies.

Now, among all the tests that have been practicing on the Shroud of Turin, there is only one and single that is going in the opposite direction of all the others, the radio carbon testing.

If you check carefully all the tons of bibliography that exist in the public domain on the Shroud it is overwhelming the amount of evidences on that object that support it comes from Palestine and from around the time of the life span of Jesus Christ.

I am creating by the way a thread apart to discuss the validity of the Radio Carbon Testing of 1980s in the light of what Science and Technology have today on advances in dating of historic objects.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 5/6/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: CaDreamer
the shroud of Turin was proven a fake a long time ago

The carbon dating test was done on a patch piece that was put on after the fire. Carbon dating was never done on the shroud itself. The coin on the eyes evidence points to authentic as well as the pollen evidence. The shroud matches the description of Jesus from the gospel accounts. The stains and folds on the shroud match up to the Sudarium of Oviedo

It can't be proven authentic.
But it hasn't been proven to be a fraud either.

I am not sure I could agree to the carbon dating of the shroud itself. In my mind, that would be sacrilegious because right now it is considered a holy relic to a lot of people.

But the coins in the eye, I have never heard of that Jewish burial custom because the women hadn't even dressed His body yet. The way the Gospels relate is that when He died, it was the Sabbath and it was the Passover, and they were gathered in the house for the shiva, they were sitting shiva. That is why they had to wait the several days to go dress the body.

Women did that and still do it.

There still seems to be debate over the coins.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hi Dear WarmingIndy,

Here is the Thread that I have created to continue the discussion of why the C14 can't be accepted as the only valid way of dating the shroud of Turin.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your interesting comment, let me invite you to take part on my thread on the subject.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Hmmm... So now I know what the children from Medieval Europe looked like. Still not sure what Jesus looked like though, child or otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join