It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxnard Cop Leaks Secret Police Ritual of Getting Gun and Skull Tattoo When They Shoot Someone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Pretty sure, yeah...have seen both types.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WHWIV

Every time they put on their uniform they're reminded, they don't have to look in the mirror. Who's to say what they should or not do but personally I don't have a problem with them getting a tattoo. Just like servicemen put tattoos on themselves for the battles they have been in, if a cop wants to do the same thing I don't have a problem with it. A lot of them have to see psychiatrists and go to support groups and be treated for PTSD so I guess it's ok as long as the emotional wounds are kept under the skin but just don't show them in any way that is visible. Right?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I don't equate cops with gang members. Totally different ball game. So your argument is invalid.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Good question. I still re-iterate there are more good cops than bad, and sometimes the corruption is at the top. You tend to remember the really good cops just like you remember the really bad ones. The rest fall somewhere in-between.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
Just like servicemen put tattoos on themselves for the battles they have been in, if a cop wants to do the same thing I don't have a problem with it.

If I had a subordinate that was getting tats commemorating every civilian he'd shot, I'd be sending him to the chaplain or psych for evaluation.

Right?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
I mean, tattoos don't make a person bad do they?

They do when it's a celebration of killing someone. When it becomes an in-group thing, which is what this is for.

If I had a little blue stripe tat with a check mark beneath commemorating every cop I'd killed, you think that would go over well with a LEO? Should it?

At best, this "Look, I'm a stone cold civilian shooter" thing is stupid, ill-advised and shows poor judgement. At worst, it's sociopathic.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

well un-savory. look at ANY picture of a WWII bomber and tell me what you see. America CELEBRATED Chris Kyles kill count.....same # different uniform.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

"I don't think so, so your argument is invalid" is not a very strong argument to make. You have to actually invalidate the argument, you know?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

It has to be valid and part of my argument for me to speak about it. Why would I have to invalidate something I never subscribed to in the first place? (putting gang members and cops in the same basket). So, what you're saying is invalid, to speak on the validity of something that was never valid in the first place.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
In the good old days, you just carved a notch in the handle of your gun, and moved on...

I blame MTV...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Achievement Unlocked - Stone Cold Killer - 10,000 GS

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't think this tattoo business is anything new.
I remember reading a long article several years ago on the same subject. As I recall, it was a very good piece of investigative journalism and found that there were police "gangs" operating from LA to NY, with members sporting the same tattoos and involved in all sorts of corruption.

I'll have to see if I can find the article again and will post a link to it if I find it.

Hey, maybe they'll start painting "kill" markings on their patrol cars next.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Not sure if you were meaning soldiers and veterans having PTSD or including police in your reply. If a cop has PTSD then maybe they should not be a cop any more.

No, they shouldn't hide their trauma, they should be subject to external psych evals every 3 to 6 months. Too much of what police do is "internal." When a force essentially polices itself, corruption is the inevitable outcome.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

It's an absolute fact that some cops operate with gang mentality, so you "not subscribing" to such a notion is what is irrelevant.

Insiders have spoken of this countless times.
....apparently, your own cognitive dissonance is blinding you to the facts.

...how many vets do you know with tattoos commemorating [celebrating being "in the fold"] those they've killed?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

...how many vets do you know with tattoos commemorating [celebrating being "in the fold"] those they've killed?

Well, not exactly tats. (wince)

Let's say there are that sort of people. But it's really discouraged. These days, it's rare. At one time, it was more common amongst the crazier set. Now it's a career ender, pretty much.

Thus did I post above, if you were one of my subordinates and I caught you at something like this, it would be NJP and counseling at the least.
edit on 7-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Well, not exactly tats. (wince)

Roger that...(wince)

At one time, it was more common amongst the crazier set. Now it's a career ender, pretty much.

As it should be.

Of course, I'm sure there's still "room for" psychopathic killers in every military. They can be "useful"...
...not so much when they are cops back home killing civilians in the streets.

edit on 7-5-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Roger that...(wince)

Uncle Danny used to wear one on a necklace for good luck as a civilian.

Never go swimming with that on, unless you're into sordid, complex explanations.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
WOW, this is some twisted sh@t. WTF Now lets see how many officers have these tattoos. Shouldnt be too hard to see, a skull and gun

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It's an absolute fact that some cops operate with gang mentality, so you "not subscribing" to such a notion is what is irrelevant.

Insiders have spoken of this countless times.
....apparently, your own cognitive dissonance is blinding you to the facts.

When I entered the thread with my viewpoint, it had nothing to do with gangs and "gang mentality". That is an offshoot part of this discussion that I'm not involved in and don't choose to be, because thankfully I know next to nothing about gangs. Speaking of "cognitive dissonance" it may behoove you to read what I actually wrote before making offhand remarks like that.

Vets don't as a rule celebrate "those they've killed" however I've seen tats of the places they've been to fight battles. And fighter pilots and bombers regularly count and mark their "kills" on their planes.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I agree they should have better oversight and not police themselves, that inevitably leads to corruption. Cops have to deal with PTSD just like anyone else. And they can't just say Oh well I quit, they need a paycheck and may be working towards a retirement, and have benefits they can't just walk away from, especially if they have a family.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join