It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I envisioned Apollo as the God of music and associated him with the constellation Lyra.
Vega is a primary star of Lyra, and Vega has different meanings "falling star" in Latin or meadow in Spanish.
I first imagined the Apollo lunar mission as sort of a resonant populist expedition for the public.
Lost knowledge from a time when my IQ was below 80.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

You think he's been here since 2008 huh, i my self am Muslim so i am looking out for some one also, a person named the Dajjal, but i have some Hindu beliefs in me also.

That's a interesting take on what Apollo truly means though huh.

edit on AMb2015Fri, 08 May 2015 01:46:54 -05003175 by Abort75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

I'm really not interested in gaining some type of following by "spinning yarns" or creating deities in my own image, or interpretation..or whatever.

I'm simply interested in picking your brains and finding something of importance through our collective minds.

I understand what you're saying, and you are correct that to those people who worshipped, the definition held great meaning to them.

The point I was trying to illustrate is that through time, we have a tendency of changing the "function" of things that we know little about from the past.

Maybe you are correct in your definitions, maybe I am..or maybe we are both wrong ?

We can only interpret what we have from those who were there at the time, and gave us their interpretation.

This thread contains my ramblings and interpretations based on the information that makes sense to me.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All previous cultures and belief structures related their knowledge in stories that represented the planet's or the heavens.

We live on a planet, surrounded by neighboring planets, all governed by the Sun.

Planets go through cycles as they journey through the galaxy around the sun. Some times in these cycles they come close together and that magnetic friction can cause much influence to the MICROCOSM (humans) on those plantery bodies.

The asteroid belt is obvious remnants of a destroyed celestial body, which probably had large debris sling at what we call Mars, hence it's scar and lost of life and atmosphere. The war in heavens. . (Metaphor).

Apollo, anti Christ, Satan, red dragon, phoenix, planet X.. blah blah.. are neighboring planets who come close to earth during the cycles of their journey on the galaxy, and cause celestial friction; causing floods, planetary reactions like tsunamis and volcanic activity, earthquakes. ..

Seriously, our ancestors had to retain the knowledge they did so in stories so they wouldn't forget. The future generations took these stories too literal and forgot about it.

Why is this all so confusing ..
edit on 8-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Double post. ..

2nd
edit on 8-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hmmm...well let's see, 5 years of hell on earth that led to me losing everything including my own sanity at one point...yup sounds like what you said may be true

top topics

<< 1   >>

join