It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please take a minute to watch this short film I made :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I went to London and filmed the peoples protest. I turned it into a short film about political apathy. Please watch it and tell me what you think!

If you enjoyed it then please flag the thread so more people can see it

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Stick that camera in a Police Officer from a major American City.

You would of got a completely different and possibly violent reaction.

As far as Prostests...I have had a crowd with more energy in my shower.

As far as the Video...S&F

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
we are a colony, of course we don't get the same treatment.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the video. Homeless spikes struck a nerve so I googled it…

image search results

Driving people out of the little shelter available from the elements is cruel enough. They do it in the states now, too. Bridges in Silicon Valley, Ca. are adorned with razor wire and spiked fences to deny access.

One day they'll put the razor wire around them and make homeless "camps".

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That 15 year old kid at 8:10 is wise beyond his years. I wish we had more kids like that in the US.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well it seemed quite subdued. The only thing that happened was the "protesters" filming the police and the police filming back. At least noone decided to start smashig up a MacDonalds or a bank as an excuse to nick a new TV.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai
That 15 year old kid at 8:10 is wise beyond his years. I wish we had more kids like that in the US.

We do. But don't expect to see that on our "divide & rule" media outlets.

As for the OP, I appreciate the video. They're confronting the same situation we are in the States: trying to figure out what to do when you realize voting changes none of the underlying problems.

I will say it was rather shocking when you (or whoever the cameraman was) put the camera in the police's face & kept demanding answers. That would've gotten a vastly different & violent reaction here.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
I went to London and filmed the peoples protest. I turned it into a short film about political apathy. Please watch it and tell me what you think!

If you enjoyed it then please flag the thread so more people can see it

This film is fantastic. The same frustrations are world-wide. The government works for itself, not for us. The spike thin reminded me of the SanFrancisco diocese flooding doorways where homeless slept, every night, every 45 min with cold water...in the middle of a drought. These spikes are worse. Awesome job! And whoever is cutting onions in here, please stop.

edit on 5-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai

We do. But don't expect to see that on our "divide & rule" media outlets.

As for the OP, I appreciate the video. They're confronting the same situation we are in the States: trying to figure out what to do when you realize voting changes none of the underlying problems.

I will say it was rather shocking when you (or whoever the cameraman was) put the camera in the police's face & kept demanding answers. That would've gotten a vastly different & violent reaction here.
It depends where you are, in the US, as to asking questions of a police officer over and over. Some will be polite and answer as far as it won't cause him to lose his job, in some places you will be arrested or injured. The taller police officer in this film, looked like he wanted to give clear answers but that he also didn't want to end up on the news and lose his job.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Tech! You know what I realy enjoyed about your vid?
You let people speak without butting in!
I'd give you a thousand flags for that if I could, bl**dy well done mate!

Flagged and Stared

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

As far as Protests...I have had a crowd with more energy in my shower.

Is dropping the soap encouraged?

That was hilarious!!!

As for the OP, excellent job. I would be a little less condescending when trying to get an answer from the officers, but I can understand your frustration. Its not easy to get out there and do what you did. Keep it up!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks guys I truly appreciate the positive feedback! I really enjoyed the whole process of making this film, from the shooting of it to the editing of it, and especially now being able to share it! I think there's a few police officers in London who weren't so amused with me shoving a camera in their faces though but hey, occupational hazard

I look forward to doing more things like this in the future as and when I can!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Tech! You know what I realy enjoyed about your vid?
You let people speak without butting in!
I'd give you a thousand flags for that if I could, bl**dy well done mate!

Flagged and Stared

Thanks man!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well done, congratulations. You have merit and credit for what you did there. I, like you, try my best to be informed and fight for human and civil rights, specially for those who have no voice.

We all should fight here and in the outside world. I believe that, if somehow you can't fight outside, fight here, expressing your opinion based on information and education. One can help the other see differently and so on..

I do fight my battles here, people already know what i fight for.

Again I salute you and quote your words:
«Don't let political apathy be your excuse for not caring about your fellow man..»

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Much appreciated! It's positive to see citizens voicing their concerns and noting the similarities and differences as a American. It's interesting as well, since the talks as of late of American Police vs UK Police, how the officers reacted or lack of reacting to you. Likely your video and the people demonstrating would have been very different as we've seen lately here in the US with local demonstrations. Thanks again, hope more people take the time to check this out.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Great vid. Watched it once and will watch it again and see if I can constructively comment.

Occupational hazard.

I came back to the driver’s door, trying to pull the door open with my hands again. The bodywork on the car was now burning my palms as I touched it. Dave was screaming in pain….screaming at me for help….screaming at me to save him. I kept telling him I was sorry. I knew what was going to happen…and he knew it too. I was driven back by the heat as the flames moved from the engine bay to the inside of the car.

minimumcover.wordpress.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
The taller police officer in this film, looked like he wanted to give clear answers but that he also didn't want to end up on the news and lose his job.

We have an ex-police whistleblower here called James Patrick. www.abovetopsecret.com...
The spin put onto his story emphasised the downside of being a police whistleblower in an attempt to stop other police from speaking out. Thousands of them want to talk but feel they can't risk the backlash. Supporting the British constables will encourage whistleblowing and bring us nearer to our goal, an end to widespread, organised, political corruption. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
...police officers...

An officer holds an office of authority. I don't know about you but I flushed the concept of authority down the pan a long time ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

These are constables.

Use the term officer and you are consenting to their rule. Use the term constable and you are acknowledging an equal, albeit an equal who has sworn to face that which we want to run from.
edit on 7 5 2015 by Kester because: add link

edit on 7 5 2015 by Kester because: spacing

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I prefer the term constable purely for the onomatopoeia effect

Saying that, not all police are bastards, but a lot of them are.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Freedom for Tooting...

Apatheic protesters in an apathetic protest.

All topped off with some bloke trying to stir the boys in blue up and NOT suceeding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join