It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.A.R.E. gets duped by anti-pot satire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I ofc, also fell into a deep addiction hole with opiates. I know D.A.R.E effected that negatively. Later passed my addiction phases of failed attempts to quit, but finally clean for a few years I found this old lockbox I kept as a kid with all my favorite things in it; favorite pokemon cards & stickers and random tokens & #, but most notable were all the D.A.R.E. stickers inside this thing. I'm ashamed I was definitely a true believer at one point.

I remember being proud of not being the one who hasn't smoked pot yet, and god help me, I even would consider telling on others who offered it to me. U can imagine what other areas I was trying to "be good" in; sex before marriage/etc. #, if my parents would've just told me the REAL DEAL with that stuff, instead of being proud of me for something they knew was impossible to keep up in the real world, I'd be a much more fullfilled person. So many hotties in the early days who wanted to smoke with me, or indeed make out n stuff, n I thought I was being a good Christian. Totally missed that boat, but I sure made up for it with sex/drugs/rock n' roll phase. Luckily no diseases or anything, but its like releasing a kinked hose. So god damn unhealthy. If you're trying to instill these impossible virtues on your kids, just u wait parents, just you wait!

Parents go tell your kids about this # now, once they find the truth about weed, it may not seem like it but it's a huge lifechanging view of their whole first/2nd awakened phase of life, and all the actual hard work you put in to distil good qualities won't matter.

I don't totally blame D.A.R.E. but the whole impossible lifestyle expectancy these kids want to make their parents proud with, who just utterly fail, thinking they're morally abhorrent and then spiraling. Especially against weed, DARE is literally some evil evil #. No way that # is right in classrooms in the form it has existed in since the beginning. Nobody can say truthfully otherwise.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Arrestme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

Exactly! There is nothing wrong with drug education, as long as it is PROPER drug education. Give them the facts. Maybe let them experiment once or twice in a monitored environment to see what the hype is about. Be smart about it, and most importantly treat the kids with respect. Don't talk down to them and assume they can't see through your lies. Kids aren't dumb and there is a reason why smart people flock to drug use. The smart ones see through the lies and sate their natural curiosity to the excess.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
They already are intoxicated at school, at home, pretty much anywhere they want. Back in my day most of the people I hung with were intoxicated and it's easier nowadays with all the pills around. You think anything about human nature has changed in the last quarter century? Methinks not.

Maybe you were stoned in grade school, but I wasn't.

You have the right to think whatever you want but I never said that. I also realize this is a exercise in futility as my mind won't be changed and I doubt yours will.

Well you're correct about that. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Do you trust Them™ ... and your ATS handle is SheopleNation?

What does your paranoid mind think they are going to do to them, actually sway them away from trying it while in grade school?

And since you brought up my name, I am not the slave who is volunteering to dumb down my mind like a good little sheople minded robot. LMAO!

We don't need our kids exposed to propaganda at school. We need our kids to be exposed to reading, riting, and rithmatik.

We don't need kids stoned while trying to learn all those things, otherwise they will end up having bad spelling like you do. Smoke up Johnny. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I actually failed DARE because I was under this crazy impression meth, and blow are somehow worse than cannabis. After questioning the office multiple times I wasn't allowed to participate anymore.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

Sure, But that probably applies to older users,
Younger users are just trying to fit in most of the time.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I attest that I learned a great deal from the DARE program. The officer I had teaching my class actually was arrested for dealing coc aine, IMAGINE THAT! All I learned is that no matter how careful you are even if you ARE the police you will get caught at least once.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Is warning young children about the negativities of using any substance a bad thing while they are young and still in school?

Do you trust Them™ ... and your ATS handle is SheopleNation?

We don't need our kids exposed to propaganda at school. We need our kids to be exposed to reading, riting, and rithmatik.

I guess it depends on what propaganda one is pushing.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I tried my best to be a good kid too and I don't regret it, I fell into the hippy movement, and I wish to this day i never touched any of the stuff.

I wish I had remained true to myself

edit on 123131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The "author" of the story is one Haywood Bynum III, whose other bylines include "Is It Time For America To Invade The Middle East and Rename It New America," "German Soccer Team Uses Nazi Super Soldier Serum To Beat Brazil 7-1, Risks Start of World War III" and "Are Women Even People, Really?"

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I tried my best to be a good kid too and I don't regret it, I fell into the hippy movement, and I wish to this day i never touched any of the stuff.

I wish I had remained true to myself

Well, that's fine. But I believe I could have offered more for myself, outside of the drugs. Even so, even if a little, I know now I was effectively cheated out of something massively essential in being my own; the right of my own opinion. On the support of lies for their own machinations, I of course let myself down eventually. Everybody does, don't feel bad. This is the root of the lie! That it had everything to do with the sum of your own morals. But we see now, our decision was based on lies such as shown in the OP.
Wanting to be that great above and beyond kid, who naively thinks a proper & good life will be encouraged by those who matter, if I can show strength & resolve during their purported "temptations". Like somehow it is it's own reward, & we're just too young to see the wisdom in it yet. Personally, some of these regrets differ between the child's gender/etc, so I'm not belittling all of your own experiences.

Just honestly try and remember the first time you learned the difference between wisdom & knowledge. Being really young, I know I'd give anything to see & be seen as wise. D.A.R.E. played on that, & takes years to get those damned parents/teachers to admit they knew it was BS. Like grrr!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
::quick addition::
Their are some efforts to correct this monster. First glance at this site looks promising. Hope it gets tons of traction! Looks like it already has.

www.leap.cc...

"LEAP envisions a world in which drug policies work for the benefit of society and keep our communities safer. A system of legalization and regulation will end the violence, better protect human rights, safeguard our children, reduce crime and disease, treat drug abusers as patients, reduce addiction, use tax dollars more efficiently, and restore the public’s respect and trust in law enforcement."
"LEAP’s goals are: (1) To educate the public, the media and policy makers about the failure of current drug policy by presenting a true picture of the history, causes and effects of drug use and the elevated crime rates more properly related to drug prohibition than to drug pharmacology and (2) To restore the public’s respect for police, which has been greatly diminished by law enforcements involvement in imposing drug prohibition."

edit on 6-5-2015 by Arrestme because: '']['' [[]] [[]] ][_,

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I actually failed DARE because I was under this crazy impression meth, and blow are somehow worse than cannabis. After questioning the office multiple times I wasn't allowed to participate anymore.

Brilliant.

@Frostie

If you're doing drugs pre18 then there's prob not very good parenting going on. One of my closest friends was involved in lots of Drugs starting at 13 with an older boyfriend lots of bad influence. She turned out fine & self supporting & independent, but her mom is still the worst parent I've ever encountered & this is 20 years later.

These things happen for a reason. DARE isn't going to do anything but cater to curiosity. Much like half baked middle school sex ed, pun fully intended.
edit on 6-5-2015 by FaceMyBook because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TorinoFer

I am not in support of pot overuse

Casual is fine but becoming a pothead is equal to becoming an alcoholic.

Question. Is someone who smokes pot all day and every day as medicine (legally prescribed) considered a pothead? And I'm talking about someone taking THC heavy medicine, not CBD medicine.

For real medical reasons fine.

But don't tell me you were born yesterday, there are teen potheads who smoke every day.

That is equivalent to drinking every day in terms of mental processing.

If this is news to you, let me be the first one to welcome you to the real world of overuse.
edit on 7-5-2015 by TorinoFer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
l know too many potheads that smoke in front of their kids and robbing them of all their future making them lazy farts...

edit on 5/7/15 by shells4u because: spelling

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I am not in support of pot overuse

Casual is fine but becoming a pothead is equal to becoming an alcoholic.

Question. Is someone who smokes pot all day and every day as medicine (legally prescribed) considered a pothead? And I'm talking about someone taking THC heavy medicine, not CBD medicine.

For real medical reasons fine.

But don't tell me you were born yesterday, there are teen potheads who smoke every day.

That is equivalent to drinking every day in terms of mental processing.

If this is news to you, let me be the first one to welcome you to the real world of overuse.

So what's the difference between someone using it for medicine and someone who uses it recreationally everyday? You have this problem with overuse, but who are you to say what is and isn't overuse? Is someone who uses it medicinally without a legal prescription overusing it? Why does it even matter how much someone uses on the regular? Oh NO! Some kids smoke pot everyday and MAY or MAY not damage their brain. Well the same can be said of alcohol and cigarettes. Kids will be kids, and the dumb ones will be dumb. You can't legislate against stupidity.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shells4u

How is that any different than drinking in front of your kids everyday?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You can't legislate against stupidity.

Exactly.
And you can't force open a narrow mind either.
Generally, the only people that give a damn how much cannabis another consumes on the daily is a control freak and is looking to control others. That's about it, point blank.

MY BODY....*MY* CHOICE.....
It's frikkin' simple and I wish some people would leave those of us that utilize this medicine the HELL ALONE. *small rant back off....

when people think they can tell others what is and what is not "good for them" or what is "acceptable".

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Healthier?

...second.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
D.A.R.E, as in the same group that sent pedophile cops into schools? Yeah that happened around my area. Where's the program protecting us from THAT?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join