It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma in Branson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm in Branson for the week. So I thought I'd post a few observations.

1. People here LOVE the USA!

The fountain show at the river (free) was only 15 minutes long but started with the national anthem
Flags everywhere
I love America signs everywhere

2. The town is multiracial
The shows are multiracial - love it
Serenaded at breakfast by a gospel singer (AYO) who was on America's Got Talent,
he goes to the same church as the retired white guy who was taking care of the hotel breakfast bar.

3. I met a guy from Garland, TX. Said I was sorry, he said why? Our guys are great shots. They died, we lived, we won!

4. Having fun, will post more lllaaaattteeerrr

You cynics can bash all you want, but this is what America should be!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with Patriotism!!!

& that's coming from a Globalist at Heart!!!

Have fun, Grandma!

Enjoy your stay there.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Hahaa.. Garland eh?
Go see Yakoff Smirnof. Report back.
Have fun!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
You cynics can bash all you want, but this is what America should be!

It IS what America is... In Branson.

America is also California, New York, South Carolina and the Appalachian mountains. It's ALL what America should be.

Glad you're having a great time.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

He was top on my list, but he is out of town this week.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Would you believe in the stores they say Bless You or God Bless you to people, unashamed and unafraid!

Wow, another world, lovin it!

Spending too much money though

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Went to a free winery tour, not so free in the end, bought a lot of wine.

They give you a tour followed by a wine tasting, 9 different wines we tasted, and then I bought a bunch.

Hmmmm, wonder why they give the free tour and tasting?

Anyway, it really was fun!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Don't forget to stop by Lambert's cafe (its closer to Springfeild) you will have about a two hour wait (on rarer occasions 3 hours) to get a table, but it is very much well worth the wait!

The food is to die for.. and nearly everything is all you can eat.. its not your normal restaurant.. think cracker barrel with better food, and people coming round to your table every few minutes with a big bowl of something asking you if you want some..they just dish you more of whatever out, fried potatoes, fried okra, macaroni and whatnot..at no additional cost.. you pay the cost of your meal..

the rolls are also to die for, and also all you can eat.. whenever a new batch of rolls comes out of the ovens the guy comes out and if you want another one you just raise your hand and he tosses it to you.. *no worries they are good shots! *

its absolutely excellent down-home cooking, at extremely reasonable prices (for eating out!) and you wont leave hungry..

(I never eat the day I go.. until I get there.. and I wear stretchy pants.. just my advice!)

As for branson.. yes.. it is in the heart of the midwest, patriotic America! I am from not too far away, and used to drive down there for the occasional weekend..its always a nice time! Glad your having a nice time!
edit on 5-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

join