It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's First Anti-Propaganda Search Engine Launching Soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thought I'd pop in to share this.

Let's hope this can be pulled off the way we need it to be. Support it, share it....

Uniquely, this independent search engine either bans or flags (with a warning) all corporate propaganda and government disinfo websites. Just as Google flags search result URLs containing malicious code that can infect your computer, we will flag search result URLs containing malicious propaganda that can infect your mind. This means you won't find the CDC's vaccine propaganda dominating search results, for example.

Instead, you'll find a universe of independent websites that have been suppressed, censored or outright banned by Google. You'll also be able to help protect the integrity of the search results by flagging corporate propaganda and government disinfo using the clickable feedback icons present on the search results pages.

Source

Peace

edit on 4-5-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm too cynical....I give it a month before it becomes either corrupted/bought, or worse, gets used to promote a whole new level of disinfo.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
I'm too cynical....I give it a month before it becomes either corrupted/bought, or worse, gets used to promote a whole new level of disinfo.

Anything's possible.

But we can always give it a chance. We NEED to give it a chance.

Peace

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
who decides what is propagnda?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: okamitengu
who decides what is propagnda?

The users...

Instead, you'll find a universe of independent websites that have been suppressed, censored or outright banned by Google. You'll also be able to help protect the integrity of the search results by flagging corporate propaganda and government disinfo using the clickable feedback icons present on the search results pages. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I for one welcome said search engine. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Eggcellent! Just what we need

Does anyone know who is behind Duckduckgo?

Is it legit, or another Goog arm?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Nice idea. I really really hope it works. So that will automatically exclude news from Ukraine, NK and other places. No MSM sources, nice!

When is launch?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

The users...

Crowdsourced truth?

Nothing could go wrong with that. Nope, not at all.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Brilliant! An echo chamber search engine. One that shares the user's opinions and prejudices, and only lets him see one side of the argument.

Yes, that's just what you need to give you a fair and balanced view of the issues.

And it's from Natural News! Perfect. A search engine of the stupid, for the stupid, and by the stupid as well.

Must be part of that dumbing-down conspiracy you guys are always going on about.

edit on 4/5/15 by Astyanax because: of '

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I only want to see what I am looking for...isn't that the whole purpose of a search engine? I don't need my time wasted by agendas and advertisers.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

LOL,

I was thinking the same thing..... coin toss on either Soros or Koch organization contamination.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And that is why some people learn, change and grow while others harden, shrivel and die inside.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to post this comment.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Sorry, I value my time and don't want to waste it when I am looking for something. If that makes you feel superior then I feel sorry for you.

ETA: If I have the time and am interested in a diversity of opinions I come to ATS. If I need to search for something spare me the crap.
edit on 2015/5/5 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
So, this search engine will promote their propaganda view of the world? Sounds like a recipe to promote quackery and pseudo news.

Just to ask... What websites are banned by Google? Are there examples?
edit on 5/5/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Brilliant! An echo chamber search engine. One that shares the user's opinions and prejudices, and only lets him see one side of the argument.

Yes, that's just what you need to give you a fair and balanced view of the issues.

"Fair and Balanced". Do you work for fox news? Lol
About as clearly propagandist a news source as they come.

Certainly it is an issue as to who decides what is and isnt propaganda. Strictly defined as state (or mega corporate) sponsored news with obvious agenda, that could work. But, opinions of propaganda do vary quite a bit. One mans propaganda is another mans manifesto.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

So basically it's just going to promote bs; sketchy sites with made up news.
"But it's true because it's not MSM!"

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
"Fair and Balanced". Do you work for fox news? Lol
About as clearly propagandist a news source as they come.

People know what is going to come out of Fox. The interpretation and comment is slanted in a direction that we understand. Fox panders to an audience. Same with RT.com, which is a Russian government run service that promotes a pro Russian position in all matters.

The problem is where you don't know the agenda. You know Fox and RT, but who knows what quack.com is trying to push. Nothing is independent and nothing is without an agenda.
edit on 5/5/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

This is marvellous idea.

Absolutely brilliant. People are tired of "paid truth"

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

And it's from Natural News! Perfect. A search engine of the stupid, for the stupid, and by the stupid as well.

Must be part of that dumbing-down conspiracy you guys are always going on about.

So...About the same that's out there right now?

Here's an idea. Use both and dive into the middle.

Jude

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join