It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Russia Unveil First-Ever Mediterranean Joint Naval Exercise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Not that I believe everything that comes out of the Russian propaganda machine “RT”m bu when I read where Russia’s Navy and the Chinese Navy come together, I have to believe that there is some credibility here.
Most disconcerting is that they are doing this in the hot bed of the Mediterranean.
The exercise is too close to the Ukraine and the Middle Eastern conflicts.
rt.com...
aun-tv.com...

From RT,” he Russian and Chinese Navies are to hold a joint exercise in the Mediterranean Sea in mid-May, a first in that part of the world. A total of nine warships from the two countries are to participate, Beijing said.
"The aim is to deepen both countries' friendly and practical cooperation, and increase our navies' ability to jointly deal with maritime security threats," Chinese Defense Ministry spokesman Geng Yansheng said on Thursday in a monthly news briefing.
"What needs saying is that these exercises are not aimed at any third party and have nothing to do with the regional situation," he added, saying that the Chinese Navy would contribute its warships currently on an anti-piracy mission in the Gulf of Aden.
Moscow and Beijing are intensifying defense cooperation as both countries oppose US criticism of its military policies. China is being accused of aggressive deployments in the South China Sea, where it is contesting territories with several regional nations. The PLA’s Navy and Air Force have been increasingly at odds with Japan and South Korea, key American allies."

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What's the problem?

We go around pissing in their pond so to speaks, they are just doing onto us what we have done to them for decades.

That would make us hypocrites.

I think the real problem here is , they now have more force projection and are making that visually aware, and the West don't like that, that is something THEY and THEY ALONE should have.

edit on 4-5-2015 by cathouse42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Lol 9 ships?

That is like the minimum number required to call it joint naval training exercises.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The Shanghai Cooperation Organization is not kidding around, it would seem.

After China and Russia have united their dollars, their intelligence services, counterintelligence activities in USA, and their military forces, They are now organizing joint operations. Purely symbolic, of course, but very telling nonetheless.

Plus, they hold the US by their trillion-dollar-sized anatomical private parts.

edit on 4-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

As some of you may remember in the summer of 2011...I posted 2 dreams I had.

First dream...I was seeing a very large body of water and there was a ship and on that ship were Russians, Chinese and Iranians...and they were all talking planning something...having a meeting on that ship.

Second dream...It was daytime and I went outside to go do an errand in my neighborhood (I live downtown) and all of a sudden there were a large group of Arab dressed men with rifles and guns trying to take over the U.S.

More and more as I read threads like this one and others...I think back to 2011 and those dreams I had.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Lol 9 ships?

That is like the minimum number required to call it joint naval training exercises.

Except if it was nine US ships you would claim that the US can destroy the world with them.

What did people expect Russia and China do, roll over and cry Uncle (Sam)?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It's not just a China Russian thing going on .This news doesn't seem to be hitting MSM in the west but it is any thing but small .

Did a Chinese-Russian-Iranian Coalition Opposing NATO Debut in Moscow?

By Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya

May 03, 2015 "Information Clearing House" - "RT" - The Moscow Conference on International Security in April was used as a venue to give notice to the US and NATO that other world powers will not let it do as it pleases.
Talk about joint efforts between China, India, Russia and Iran against NATO expansion were augmented with plans for tripartite military talks between Beijing, Moscow, and Tehran.

Defense ministers and military officials from all over the world gathered on April 16 at the landmark Radisson Royal or Hotel Ukraina, one of the best pieces of Soviet architecture in Moscow, which is known as one of the “Seven Sisters” that were constructed during Joseph Stalin’s time. The two-day event hosted by the Russian Defense Ministry was the fourth annual Moscow Conference on International Security (MCIS).

Civilian and military officials from over seventy countries, including NATO members, attended. Fifteen defense ministers took part in the event. However, aside from Greece, defense ministers of NATO countries did not participate in the conference.

Unlike previous years, the MCIS organizers did not send Ukraine an invitation for 2015’s confab. According to Russian Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov, “At this stage of the brutal information antagonism in regard to the crisis in southeastern Ukraine, we decided not to inflame the situation at the conference and at this stage made the decision not to invite our Ukrainian colleagues to the event.”
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I told SO a couple of months ago when he made a re-cap about all the "important" things which ATS was on top off in 2014, that the ATS crowed completely missed the biggest thing which went on...the teaming up of Russia and China !

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I told SO a couple of months ago when he made a re-cap about all the "important" things which ATS was on top off in 2014, that the ATS crowed completely missed the biggest thing which went on...the teaming up of Russia and China !

America has been too busy with preventing Europe and Russia teaming up to do anything about Russia and China teaming up, in fact Russia teaming up with every "axis of evil" (laugh) country the America seems to piss over.

America has not enough influence in China or the other countries to prevent it, they have influence (read, losing that influence with the people since the people are turning on their puppet politicians) in European affairs (for now). Pissing all over a country and expecting them to do your bidding, is not the right way to do it.

Now you will have to compete with BRICS, and other joint ventures.

When Europe and Russia team up, and they will, you will have lost a MAJOR influence in the majority of the world, this is why America MUST prevent European and Russian ties at ALL COSTS. And they are doing everything they can to stick a wedge between them.

edit on 4-5-2015 by cathouse42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

After reading all the post, I thought, " Release the Kraken!", and "All head for the arks!".

Maybe there will indeed be a time when saving life on earth while hold more power, and be more important than destroying it.

I know. I am still a dreamer, our my Partzheimer's is showing.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Russia and China are free to perform these exercises, just as the U.S. and her allies are free to perform exercises. I'm sure the U.S. will be watching these exercises very closely, but any people poo-pooing them would be hypocritical.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cathouse42

Russia and Germany together is or always was the biggest threat to the US dominance and control .Merkel has been a good puppet for Washington up until now but I am sure that the many industries and people in power want to go where the money is going to happen and really don't want a war on their border . I think her involvement in the Minsk agreement was done without Washington's direction or approval .

I have been wondering just how much Greece could play as a factor and noticed that they did attend that meeting .I am sure that Putin would bring that small but maybe important piece on the board if it would works in his favor . He may be waiting until the sanctions come up for renewal and have Greece veto the renewal .

Economically Greece would be better moving east and working with other political powers that are not so beholden to the powers in Washington imo

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cathouse42

But it`s exactly the policy of the US about trying to make rift between Europe and Russia which has caused the much closer alliance between China and Russia...

...and even in the longer run Europe will seek closer ties with Russia again.

Russia-Hating John McCain Disappointed that Germany Wants Cooperation with Moscow

‘Italy can’t afford to close doors to Russia’ – Italian Foreign Minister

Russian Foreign Ministry: Austria Interested in an Early Normalization of Relations with Russia

This will go down as another failed policy by the US government in the end, hence the reason US has ordered to step up shelling again in Eastern Ukraine right now.

And with the failed domestic Ukrainian propaganda, how will they keep continuing with the idiotic policy of trying to keep it staying a festering wound...no wonder they are coming down hard on dissents right now over there...

Ukrainian domestic poll :

It seems that even though a good number of respondents see the DPR and LPR more or less as terrorist organisations, they are not as eager to support the antiterrorist operations, which leads to conclude that they hope for alternative ways of resolving the conflict. In fact, 70.3% responded in favor of negotiations and peaceful means of conflict resolution in Donbass, with only 20.6% supporting military action. Even in the West macro-region, which seems to have the most negative sentiments towards the LPR and DPR and is most pro-Kyiv government, only 27% responded in favor of military actions with a majority of 60.8% for peaceful negotiations.

Source

...and that was the fallacy about Ukrainians supporting it al.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Looks to me like the chess pieces are being put into position. I could be wrong but why not hold the exercises in China Sea or the Pacific?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Looks to me like the chess pieces are being put into position. I could be wrong but why not hold the exercises in China Sea or the Pacific?

Cheers - Dave
Exercises have long been exhibitions of power and demonstrations of power projection. Russia and China are showing that they can project power wherever they want to.
edit on 4-5-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: spelling

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

They may have got a wiff of this .

US “Grand Strategy” For War Against China Laid Out

By Nick Beams

May 02, 2015 "Information Clearing House" - "WSWS" - The advanced stage of discussions in US foreign policy circles over the pursuit of an ever-more aggressive policy toward China has been revealed by the recent release of a chilling report under the auspices of the influential Council on Foreign Relations.
Entitled “Revising US Grand Strategy Toward China,” the report is nothing less than an agenda for war. It is authored by Robert D. Blackwill and Ashley J. Tellis, both of whom have close connections to the US State Department and various American foreign policy think tanks.

The report cites a publication produced during World War II defining “grand strategy” as one that “so integrates the policies and armaments of a nation that the resort to war is either rendered unnecessary or is undertaken with the maximum chance of victory.” This is not merely a concept of war but “an inherent element of statecraft at all times.”

The report’s central theme is that US global dominance is threatened by the rise of China and this process must be reversed by economic, diplomatic and military means.

Significantly, at the beginning of the report, its authors cite the Pentagon’s Defence Planning Guidance document of 1992, produced in the wake of the collapse of the Soviet Union, which insisted that US strategy had to “refocus on precluding the emergence of any potential future global competitor.”

While asserting that China has a “grand strategy” for regional and ultimately global domination, the authors make clear they regard the threat to the US position as arising from China’s economic growth within the present international order.
www.informationclearinghouse.info... Them being very close to Iran who is on their side and who was a earlier target of the plan to over throw multipal countries just might be the place to take on the US and it's proxies .

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
the wihsdom comes from the east ....that is wat we have learned :-)))))))))))

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I guess you missed the part where Russian Generals said China would last 1 hour in a war with the U.S. lol. That is why they want to look combined, so it will take three hours to defeat them both and maybe that is enough of a deterrent to the infidels in D.C. LMAO!! Russia and China have more nukes aimed at each other than the west. China would LOVE to get their hands on the rich natural resources land to the north as that is their number one prize. It is easy and cheap for them to move all that stuff by train since it cost a lot more to ship it around.

In the end, China will be a big ball of flames with the U.S. and Russia deciding its best to be allies after a few short but deadly scraps with each other.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv

Is that why China copies EVERYTHING and does a horrible job at that? They probably have a million patent suits against them lol. This is how inventors get rich in the U.S. anymore. Make something, collect and save up the money for attorneys and when China copies it, wait for it to make a boat load of money and then sue them for all the money they made as well. Its a long stressful process but the military contractors never win, only silly commercial products that the Chicoms do not go to great lengths to protect.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: ressiv

Is that why China copies EVERYTHING and does a horrible job at that? They probably have a million patent suits against them lol. This is how inventors get rich in the U.S. anymore. Make something, collect and save up the money for attorneys and when China copies it, wait for it to make a boat load of money and then sue them for all the money they made as well. Its a long stressful process but the military contractors never win, only silly commercial products that the Chicoms do not go to great lengths to protect.

The only once who laugh at this are common People like you.....who have no understanding.

You have no idea what benefits there are from copying. It might be lame to make copies. But in a war non of that is going to matter. You better hope that Your Tech is better than their copy.

China has become very wealthy by copying US, EU and Russian Tech. While the US have become poor....so poor that they have to buy copied tech from China. The US are probably forced to by crap from China because China got the US by its balls.

And why wouldnt China sell you crap....when Your dollar is worthless?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join