It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After a year-long "Don't Vote!" campaign, Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
or the green party as rticle below lol

link

from the article

Russell Brand has revised his anti-voting stance and called for people living in Brighton to vote for Caroline Lucas of the Green Party.

The politicised comedian, who caused a row in 2013 when he said he did not vote, said Ms Lucas was obviously a “decent” person and worth electing to Parliament.

“People that live in Brighton Pavilion should definitely vote for you,” he told Ms Lucas in an interview on his YouTube channel.
Well that makes me feel a little better. He's just staunchly anti-Tory and -UKIP. That makes more sense for him.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i am from the uk and the southcoast,and i am voting ukip you are all correct, its no good saying change will take time they have had their chance to change many times over and nothing ever does change does it??.
i have not forgotten the years under both main parties that have destroyed this nation.
my vote is a message to the government,we want change not just on the european issue but all of politics.
until a common man can be voted in as prime minister and not the queens cousin britain is not a democracy.
i see it as out of european rule then a quick revolution to bring forward a real democracy .

edit on 4-5-2015 by stuthealien because: spelling

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hold on a minute, I am confused!

I swear I saw an earlier news article saying Brand says vote Green, as they are decent people, and deserve more representation in parliament. It was only 5 days ago!

Brand vote Green

I think if you don't feel like voting, you should spoil your vote. This is something they can quantify and get an idea of how many people are disenchanted with the government.

Here is a good Radio 4 comedy sketch show with a comedian, Nish Kumar (?)laying out the argument as to why:

Starts at 15m 38s

edit on 4/5/2015 by MrsNonSpecific because: Video needed to work

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Exactly, it was just a load of rhetoric to win an election. So why is the stuff Ed Miliband says any more sincere?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

I wonder what direction he will take after the elections, i think that will tell us more about his stance than he has himself.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't get Russell Brand,in fact i think he is a moronic idiot that never really got what he was he was talking about in the first place.

By supporting Milliband he proves he is a total hypocrite and has zero principles which stands him in good stead to run for Parliament if ever he fancies it.
Labour is one of the two masks on the same face parties that keep the left right paradigm ticking on nicely as people are deluded into thinking they can make a difference by voting for them.

All the votes are rigged and the people that get in serve the 1 %.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results,if Russell Brand thinks Ed the talking Horse will be any different then he's far more deluded and stupid than his ostentatious use of the English language imply.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Dont vote, dont vote, dont vote, oh wait a min vote Labour???

I was actually quite enjoying Mr Brand's "Trews". Turns out he doesn't even get the point of his own rhetoric. Sell out silly twat.

edit on 4-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

I suspect this thread could get ugly. I happen to like Russell Brand quite a lot, but this is certainly a shift in message. I'm torn on this.

Eventually, revolutionaries who won't use violence as a means of change, will always choose to effect change from within the system they rail against.

That's all Russell is doing. His rants have certainly woken up a few people to what's going on, but eventually you have to stop complaining and actually start supporting real, effective change, as opposed to fluffy rhetoric.

~Tenth

I am not sure who exactly he woke up,he's a Johnny come lately singing from a well versed hymn sheet.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
a reply to: Learningman

Exactly, it was just a load of rhetoric to win an election. So why is the stuff Ed Miliband says any more sincere?
Sincerity is displayed in actions and emotions not specifically words. Miliband comes across a bit more normal to me than Cameron. Cameron comes over across as a bulingdon boy, Ed comes over as a wonk or a geek

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalResonance

It's because of a conglomerate of things that he's said in the past. I'm not saying he's stupid, but I do feel that much of what he says is based off of pseudo-intelligence which is driven more by ideology than objective facts. Plus, it's the conclusions to which he comes based on his facts/ideology combination that let me know he's not completely paying attention.

Conservatives, Progressives...they're all destroying many countries at the moment. The UK and the US can just hold hands and sing Kumbaya as we ride on these sinking ships.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's obvious why Russell's changed his tune - not voting would keep the Tory scum in power, and he realises this.

IMO, all the mainstream parties are corrupt to the core, but Labour are the lesser of the evils. Revolution isn't going to happen any time soon, so Russell is simply promoting what he sees as the lesser evil because at the end of the day, one of those bastards is going to be PM whether he likes it or not.

David Cameron needs to be stopped before we revisit the Victorian times in the UK. Russell knows this. I know this. And if you're smart, you know this.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
It's obvious why Russell's changed his tune - not voting would keep the Tory scum in power, and he realises this.

IMO, all the mainstream parties are corrupt to the core, but Labour are the lesser of the evils. Revolution isn't going to happen any time soon, so Russell is simply promoting what he sees as the lesser evil because at the end of the day, one of those bastards is going to be PM whether he likes it or not.

David Cameron needs to be stopped before we revisit the Victorian times in the UK. Russell knows this. I know this. And if you're smart, you know this.

# Labour.

They gave us Tony Blair.

so again # Labour too hell.
edit on 4-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The way i see it (biased and most likely incorrect) Labour, while gutting the middle class, has not been as detrimental to the middle as it has in some ways to the lower class ( although certain perks for the lower class, no doubt) so i see that the middle will vote Labour to avoid Tory and the lower will vote UKIP, at least around here on the north east coastlands

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I agree 100%.

BUT

Let's be real here - either Labour or the Tories are going to win. UKIP have no chance. The Greens have no chance.

It's either Tory or Labour.

I dare say Ed is less of a evil # than Dave.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Labours jack straw turned my area into crime ridden # hole when he was MP.

Now we are Conservative things are improving round here.

So why would I want to go back to labour?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Who are you trying to kid, me or yourself?

Poverty has gone up dramatically over the past 5 years, and therefore so has crime. The two go hand in hand.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Brands part in "Get Him to the Greek" was I think more type casting, hes just as much as an idiot as his character...

Im sure it wasnt a stretch to do the part
edit on 5/4/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Who are you trying to kid, me or yourself?

Poverty has gone up dramatically over the past 5 years, and therefore so has crime. The two go hand in hand.

Depends were you live. Since 2011 things have been slowly on the mend in my area. What screwed things up was the Recession that started under Labour.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Correct, Labour started it, but it was the Tories who implemented brutal austerity on the nation's poorest and most vulnerable. Crime is gonna keep going up under austerity. A lot of people are forced into crime because they've been left destitute. While at the same time giving massive tax cuts to huge millionaire corporations.

Are you a millionaire, Mr. Ewok? If not then realise that the Tories don't care about you. We're just plebs to them.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Correct, Labour started it, but it was the Tories who implemented brutal austerity on the nation's poorest and most vulnerable. Crime is gonna keep going up under austerity. A lot of people are forced into crime because they've been left destitute. While at the same time giving massive tax cuts to huge millionaire corporations.

Are you a millionaire, Mr. Ewok? If not then realise that the Tories don't care about you. We're just plebs to them.

The Labour candidate in my area is a London financial analyst . I would vote for some London rich who works in finance git over my dead body. Hell he is is a private school boy!

The Conservative Candidate is a normal who went to state school and normal university.

The Conservative Candidate voted against the last war proposal and will give me a voice in a EU referendum.

Employment is going up were I live and crime going down.

Labour closed hospitals in my area when in power my Conservative Candidate is trying to expand health care

I will be voting for my local Conservative Candidate as she best represents my views.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join