It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So as usual I am promoting ATS, when this very curious person asks if it is an international site.
Well "Yes" I reply in good faith.
But how global are we? I couldn't tell her how many countries are represented, it was a little embarrasing since I had just hailed ATS as the ultimate democratic on-line "republic".
People like the notion of anonymity with relentless honesty.
How far do we reach?
WIS

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

It's the internet. How much more global can you get?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You might want to take a look at a recent poll results that are posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not accurate as in showing what country every member hails from, but it does show the distribution of those that participated in the poll.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thank You, an intelligent and usefull reply, that is what I expect and appreciate from ATS.
Ignoring the trolls can be a challenge though as I always tell people.
Thanks
WIS
edit on 3-5-2015 by WalkInSilence because: poop, no one ever fills out this line, so poop

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I am sorry you have an urge to challenge my ignorance. I prefer to give people coherent answers, thus my question; "How are we represented globaly". It is not inherent that we are globaly presentet due to our "internet" status.
Thank you for replying.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I know personally of Americans Aussies Britt's Norway Denmark France south Korea new Zealand Trinidad in Tobago mexico Portugal Argentina Irish Scotts Japan Thailand and India.

I don't know if they are all nationals from those places, but they do reside in those countries at present.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Pretty much every nation on Earth is represented on ATS, there's no question about it. Our global (non U.S.) traffic is about 30% of everything. That's a heck of a lot of traffic from all over the world (a million or so people a month from everywhere that isn't the U.S.).

edit on 5-3-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Pretty much every nation on Earth is represented on ATS, there's no question about it. Our global (non U.S.) traffic is about 30% of everything. That's a heck of a lot of traffic from all over the world (a million or so people a month from everywhere that isn't the U.S.).

Wow!!!

Damn, that is impressive!!!

I thought it close to 30% but at a million hits a month.....

ATS is coming up in the world.

I hope you and SO are getting a decent return, you guys have helped create one of the nets best playgrounds!!!

Wow, you guys are close to epic level!!!!

Gl springer, I hope it brings you guys a nice windfall!!

Your vision alone deserves it!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

That is damn impressive. I'd imagine it can be quite sobering at times, as well.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Thanks Springer, much appreciated and very impressive. Another insentive to join ATS.
Just a little burp here.
I was astonished to find when I returned to the US ten years ago after many years abroad, that the majority of citizens considered the term global to descibe the US, period, nothing has importance beyond our borders. That is such a limited and arrogant perception. Just a burp.
Thanks,
Oh "May The Fourth Be With You", Happy Star Wars Day

WIS

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
There's also indirect, but very observable, evidence in the way that posting continues 24 hours.
It slows down when good Americans are asleep in their beds, but it doesn't grind to a halt altogether like some places I know.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

ATS American traffic averages about 44/48% and the other 52/56% is the rest of the World.

ATS

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: introvert

I am sorry you have an urge to challenge my ignorance. I prefer to give people coherent answers, thus my question; "How are we represented globaly". It is not inherent that we are globaly presentet due to our "internet" status.
Thank you for replying.

My reply was not meant to imply ignorance nor to be snarky.

My apologies, and it seems an answer was given by those that would know such things.

top topics

join