It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jade Helm in Illinois

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I just drove past one of the larger shopping malls in our area and saw one sign after another, "Training Operation In Progress" but nothing specific as to what training or who or where. Then I saw it - at least 30 police cars lined up in three rows in a parking lot near the loop road around the mall. On the other side of the loop road in one of the larger parking lots at the mall were approx. 10 large white box trucks, about two to three times the size of a UPS delivery truck, a VERY tall extended pillar of some kind with a flashing beacon on it, and a VERY large area that was fenced in with fences roughly 10 feet high. I did not have a cell phone or camera of any kind with me. All I can do is describe what I saw. A chill went down my back when I saw it. This cant be a good thing. They can say emergency preparedness all they want. That sure as hell didn't look like any fire drill I ever saw. I will be back there in the morning with a camera to get pics if its still there.

There wasn't one word about this ahead of time. I pay pretty close attention to the community and usually know what is happening in my own neighborhood. Anyone else see anything like this?

Mods, if this is in the wrong thread please move it accordingly. Ty.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
With all the Jade Helm talk as of late, I'll try to lighten the mood:

Maybe they know something about the New Madrid Fault that we don't.

a reply to: Vroomfondel

+7 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I checked the village website - nothing.
I called the village office - no answer.
I called the police non-e number - I asked if the training was associated with Jade Helm. The woman said, "Its a police training exercise." I asked, "But is it related to Jade Helm?" She responded, "Do you want me to send an officer over to answer your questions?" I declined.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Need details: location: address, city, state, time, date, photos, mall name, open/active mall or closed, what position on mall property, indoor/outdoor, were police cars from local police, or sheriff, or federal, etc.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
How large and of what type was the fencing you saw?
Were there any floodlights or portable observation towers nearby?
Big boxy things that look like generators?

Interesting find.
I think this is tied in with the civil unrest that's going on and probably some other event(s).
Dollar collapse, natural disaster, whatever - they seem to know something that we don't.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow! I would think she would spew the PC BS and blow you off. It's actually quite telling she offered to send you an officer to explain. I am genuinely intrigued ahora...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That sounds like a police exercise, nothing to do with Jade Helm. IL isn't even listen among the states were JH would be ongoing.

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Wow, that seems a bit excessive. Maybe that's normal procedure? Sounds kind of like a veiled threat. "Don't be asking no questions!"

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

State is Illinois, location is southwest suburbs of Chicago, time was approximately 7:00pm central, did not have a phone or camera with me but will try tomorrow if they are still there, mall is active but closed for the night, outdoor, southeast end of the mall, did not get close enough to see the sides of the squad cars, but from what I could see they were at least similar, if not the same, the trucks had very little in the way of markings but there was a little small lettering on the doors but I was not close enough to see what it said.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

She didn't sound overly aggressive, but I wasn't going to push it either.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If your going to post something like this it would be nice to let us known what town or mall for those of us keeping track of these stories.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It was chain link fence, there were flood lights around the perimeter, I did see one generator but I would guess there was more I didn't see. I did not see observation towers but there was a man-lift there.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Jade Helm isn't supposed to kick off until this summer. This sounds like police training.

As for the questions, talking to an officer is standard practice. I called to ask about an area where I was told I could park my truck, and they had an officer call me back to answer it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

I didn't think of it at the time, but with so many officers at the "training", exactly who was going to come to my house?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I have had someone call me back or get directed to an officer on the phone, but no one ever said they would have one come to my house to talk to me. Especially in the middle of some kind of training exercise. If that was just police training, that must have been the entire police force and then some.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What no pictures? I mean not even a blurry cell phone snap? Seems legit.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Can you tell us the name of the town?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And the town in Illinois is........ Was it Fox Valley Mall, Yorktown Mall, Stratford Mall, Oak Brook Mall...I can go on and on..

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

They may have brought in other agencies and police units from nearby towns to train together. Obviously you can't have every officer in town tied up with training at once.

I've had other people I know call to ask questions and have officers that were nearby sent to talk to them.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hawks Nest
This site is down right now, but Americans are posting pics, video of Jade Helm activities they have spotted...and will continue if Obama's hackers are neutralized...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join