It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Fired After Shooting 23 Rounds At Vehicle In Parking Garage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Question: Why did you shoot 23 times?

Answer: Cause I ran out of bullets.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainTwig

2:32

Punishment for this cop is obvious. Put him on an island with abundant free roaming game and a good hunting rifle. He'll soon be begging for a food parcel.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
We would all like to see and understand how a police officer is vetted. What sort of things they look for, if at all, when doing a pre-employment profile. And how training may effect an officers mind set.

I'm going to tell you a story of a guy I went to college with. He went to college and failed out about 3/4 of the way through the program. His girlfriend left him for a guy with no job who is committed to never needing to do a days work in his entire life. Prior to going to college he was (according to him) a marine vet who was wounded in the line of duty. He makes sure to tell any prospective employer about his service and his career ending injury serving the country. The reality is that on his second day of basic training he tripped over his own feet, hit his head on something, and was sent home to recover because he would be out of training for too long.

This guy became a cop. The last time I saw him was about 1.5 years after he became an officer, he was at a friends house playing with his gun showing off how quickly he could draw it and shoot someone if he wanted to. He mentioned that he became a cop because he could finally make people show him respect and that the perks of taking a bit of evidence from drug busts were too good to pass up (he always was a pot head).

That is the type of person who becomes a cop. It was a small town, his vetting was being asked if he had military service (which he did... 1 days worth), seeing that he completed most of a college degree, and most importantly... that his family had deep ties to the area. They weren't outsiders and they weren't going elsewhere.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: infolurker

What a dumb cop. 1 for firing in the first place, 2 for getting off waaaaaaaaaay too many rounds....AND....the bad guy wasn't injured(missed?)!!!!!
That's one cop who shouldn't be one.....

MS
Licensed concealed Carry
Michigan

I don't watch much TV but from the bits and pieces I run across, it seems they spent a few years changing the image of a police officer from your friendly, neighborhood hero to this dark, borderline psycho, bad ass that is supposed to have all the women falling to their knees.

Now they dress them up, arm them to the teeth, and sic them on us like they are rabid dogs.

I don't need tickets to this game, I know how it going to end.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Couldn't agree more.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Think of how much safer they would be of they could just fire at the address rather than driving there.

If the dead could pay taxes the police would gleefully execute all of us.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Makes me glad Im not living there

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: DJMSN

He should most likely be fired just based upon the fact he fired 23 rounds and never even hit the guy.

Good observation.

I'm left wondering why this guy thought it appropriate to transition to the AR-15. I can see reasons for having it, but I see many many other options. Firing someone up with an AR-15 ... sheesh. If I did that ... 23 counts of attempted murder.

Well, honestly, at 88', the standard 9mm or .40 caliber is not going to do much to an oncoming vehicle. Not that I'm trying to justify his actions, but logically shooting at a car is more effective with the AR-15.

Except it doesn't appear it was an "oncoming" vehicle in this case.

Video surveillance revealed that after Lattimore crashed, Johnston fired 23 rounds from his AR-15 into the vehicle. Investigators said that Officer Johnston could not see the suspect and had just assumed that he was armed.

“Considering the fact that the gates were completely closed, the vehicle was disabled, and you could not see the suspect, your use of deadly force in this instance was not objectively reasonable.”

By your reasoning, shooting at a car with a bazooka would also be more effective but this wasn't the time or place for such force.

edit on 31-5-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Amen. Amen. a reply to: skunkape23

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Snarl:

I can see reasons for having it...

Why? Because of 'zee Germans'?

Johnstone:" Well, your honour, I could see the criminal's car approaching, so I switched to my AR-15 and just blasted away."

Judge:"Did you hit the criminal?"

Johnstone:"No, your honour, completely missed him! So I switched to my trusty rocket launcher that I bought at Walmart."

Judge:"Yeah, I can see the reasons for having that. Should have gone to Spec-Savers I think!"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join