It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we know about the greys?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

originally posted by: draknoir2
Forgive the source, but I heard about the concept elsewhere and this just happens to be the first place I found that goes into detail.

Basically it posits that the stereotypical Grey is a product of a facial recognition template hard wired into all of us from infancy.

www.skeptic.com...

That's a really interesting theory. Its basically saying pareidolia is hard wired into us which it is. I have heard other related theories. I will see if I can dig it up when I'm not on a phone.

I was remembering it from some Discovery or Science channel show, and that site was the only place I found the original piece fully quoted. Never said I subscribed to it, despite Annunaki Boy's snark. Just making on topic conversation.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: JadeStar

Lol, whut?

I'm sitting in the it spectrum right now. Yeah, I'm hot.

I hope for your sake you're only on the lower energy side of the spectrum, either that or have a high SPF sunblock and UV blocking sunglasses

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Sounds impressive doesnt it?

Doesn't it always? It wouldn't be a good story if it didn't would it? Seriously I wonder how well a "Grey" themed sci-fi story would sell.

I mean sci-fi fans would want something more interesting than the stereotypical grey, and UFO people would probably be like "b..b.ut the greys are real, so why would I read a sci-fi book about them?"

I've been toying with writing a hard sci-fi story which "They Greys" would feature in but i've backed off because of the reasoning above.

Doesnt mean squat though he basically stated they give off heat lol.

Exactly.

Our perception of aliens has evolved with how are media and more recently our movies show aliens. For example in the 50s aliens in movies tended to be reptiles. Partly because of the fascination with dinosaurs but amazingly people say reptiles. Than we had movies pull out the descriptions of advanced species based of HG wells for one. And suddenly everyone saw greys. Prior to this it wa fairies and angels and gargoyles. People see whatever sparks their imagination at the time.

This to me is one of the more fascinating aspects of the study of this subject. I've said before (and got labelled a debunker) that I thought the most fruitful and interesting approach to this subject probably would be from the perspective of a folklorist as they are very well versed in charting such evolution of social memes.

That's why when I do my little "Origin of the Species" threads here I always look at pop-culture and its influence on what people report after the fact.

Often our minds will fill in details on anything we cant explain. Its the way we process information. We can take partial information and our brains extrapolate. Good for hitting a baseball for example not good when witnessing something we dont understand. If your brain saw lights dancing in the sky your preconditioned by our culture to go look aliens. before that it was god or demons doesnt matter really.

Exactly. I am curious how the alien stories may change if and when we actually do detect alien life or perhaps even extraterrestrial intelligence. Will the same part of the populace who you were talking about above take small (they will be small for quite awhile) details regarding such life, its environs and then create whole personal narratives based on that?

For instance, if we found say, a radio signal coming from the vicinity of a star which has a planet in its habitable zone with the density of water, would people start to report things like walking dolphins or something with fins or gills?

It's no coincidence in my mind that people now are reporting "invisible aliens" or "alien robots" since most sci-fi has aliens cloaking themselves (since Predator, which if I recall could be seen in the infrared) or as mechanical droids in the age of our own use of military drones and TV shows like Extant and Falling Skies.

Ever wonder in this day and age of cameras we supposedly have little grey men invading our homes and kidnapping people but no one has set up a camera and caught them????

All of the time. Hey, I'd even be thrilled with someone setting up a camera just to catch their "craft". Invisible aliens are far more convenient though

Just about everyone on the planet has a cell does video pictures and can record sounds and we have nothing yet let something happen on a street and within 20 min there is 6 different copies of video on youtube. And still others are posting pictures on their tweets.

Exactly. Even sudden events.

I find it remarkable that people report being repeatedly abducted yet do not simply pull out their iPhone or set it up to record motion in their room at night (yep, there's an app for that).

To hear it from those on ATS all of these people are too poor to afford what is fairly ubiquitous technology. (I was in Nigeria recently and everyone there has phones with cameras, even outside of the cities).

This means are little greys can either turn invisible and enter locked rooms and leave no trace or just maybe being human we have active imaginations. Before our alien abductions was something called succubus read the reports its an exact description of alien abductions.

Aliens which are invisible and leave no traces might as well be angels or other supernatural myths. The question is why do some people see them? For these people they can be quite real. Is there something about the human brain which causes a certain subset of humanity to believe they are seeing supernatural beings?

Now could their be aliens visiting yes there could and could they be here without us knowing unlikely but possible. But let me ask you guys a question. If we have aliens visiting us and they are indeed kidnapping us to perform experiments. And they all the way here from another planet do you think they are showing peaceful intent? To me that would be introducing yourself to us definitely not conducting experiments. As humans we find an inhabited planet our first instinct will be to radio them. No radio we would land to investigate how intelligent they are. We would send people to try to talk with them eventually being humans probably war with them later. But thats another story.

We have to be very careful ascribing to aliens actions we would do in their place. Since we have not found aliens of any type it would be provincial to assume they would do everything as we do.

That said, they and us presumably would share the same universe which of course has the same physical laws governing it so any speculation within the realm of that is fair game.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Look up Earl Grey. It starts with him. It all starts with hi...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I just tried researching them bot a lot of what I read was bollocks. So I thought I'd ask the experts.

What exactly have you read?
Here's a good thread on the Greys..www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The very first thing we do not know about the greys is whether they exist.

Let's build on that.

Here's another topic to consider:

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
edit on 4-5-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Let's build on that.

Or we can build upon the fact that this IS the Alien and UFO forum (with a Grey logo BTW) where such discussion is permitted to take place, and the presumption that they do exist can be expanded upon.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
In what way is pointing out the lack of proof of the existence of greys not part of such permitted discussion in a topic which specifically asks "What do we know about the greys?"?

Perhaps it's just not part of your preferred discussion.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are different types. Some are biological and some are android? The androids may be used like worker drones in a hive. Roswell is a perfect example. The actual flesh beings send these drones into the planets atmosphere. Probably because they want to avoid direct contact for now (due to hostility on our part). The taller ones are possibly more spiritually advanced. Its a mixed bag out there. I do have the feeling that open contact is coming soon. Those that still don't believe...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

1 is no expert on the GREY.

subjective analysis-
There are various species of Grey
multiple sizes
representing possibly different species
some are said to be like Avatars for Higher dimensional beings to interact through
Others are said to be HIVE minded and influenced from a Higher intelligence / power
Some are said to be part ant like material and also plant. Which allows them to feed somewhat with photosynthesis processes near stars. Others are said to feed or adsorb bio material / fluids
Some may consider them as frogs...

They seem quiet outside their collective and very very busy at times-sensed
Scientifically driven-detected
some of their scientific activities may not be liked by some humans
can be harmful if encountered while busy or on a task, but may not prefer to behave malevolently
telepathic with psychokinesis - telekinesis abilities-technology or both

This is Subjective data on CREATOR Creation Energy Group the GREY, from 1 ATS member Ophiuchus 13...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 5/4/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And I think they can read ATS and other internet data

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
testable evidence",

I'm not fluent in British, but I think that's what "bollocks" means.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

In what way is pointing out the lack of proof of the existence of greys not part of such permitted discussion in a topic which specifically asks "What do we know about the greys?"?

Perhaps it's just not part of your preferred discussion.

Ok you've made your stance known now let the thread live. If you can't contribute anything meaningful they way Oannes and Ophiuchus 13 just have then why are you still here? The thread is asking what do we know about the Greys. Whether these views are speculative, subjective or unsubstantiated by some is not the question. Let the thread live.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

The thread asks what we KNOW about the greys.

I'll continue to post as I see fit.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

a reply to: TrueMessiah

The thread asks what we KNOW about the greys.

I'll continue to post as I see fit.

Yes, as in what is circulating amongst the ufology field.
Yeah you can continue posting. With nonsense like this.....:

Basically it posits that the stereotypical Grey is a product of a facial recognition template hard wired into all of us from infancy.
www.skeptic.com...

.....I guess it'll just have to be overlooked.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think the real question here should be: Where exactly are they hiding at?
edit on 4-5-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Ahh but if real who would be suffering the paranoid delusion?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
testable evidence",

I'm not fluent in British, but I think that's what "bollocks" means.

It's British for 'The men down under' (not Australians)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

Let's build on that.

Or we can build upon the fact that this IS the Alien and UFO forum (with a Grey logo BTW) where such discussion is permitted to take place, and the presumption that they do exist can be expanded upon.

I applaud this attitude. It is scientific: 1. Assume X is true. 2. Extrapolate. 3. Assume X is not true. 4. Extrapolate. 5. Compare results.

Much can be learned this way. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-5-2015 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
I think the real question here should be: Where exactly are they hiding at?

Always... where you never expect it. Always.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join