It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watch Avengers 2?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So my girlfriend and I went to see the new Avengers movie tonight I'm going to be honest here.. I wasn't impressed. Seemed like it was a copy paste from the first one, just switch out Loki for Ultron. I felt like I was watching a Michael Bay movie "all style no substance." Side note did anyone watch the credits long enough to see the bonus scene? Wow! What are your thoughts on the movie? Am I being a snob lol..

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Haven't watched it yet but I wasn't super impressed with the first one. I mean it was fine, but way over hyped. Maybe it's because I'm getting older but I never really was impressed with any of the Marvel movies other than the first Spiderman (Toby) and all of the Iron Man movies (mostly because of RDJ).

Having said all that, I may just wait until it hits bluray.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Yep I agree. Speaking of Spiderman did you ever watch the newer I think they're called "Amazing" Spiderman movies? I actually thought they were entertaining.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Personally I loved it.

The problem the film has in the ever-critcal internet age is that the first movie was SO good so the hype for this was off the charts and there was little that could have been improved. That meant that it couldn't necessarily move things forward - but the next film will as the cast will be somewhat different.

So, try and imagine the film as a stand-alone one instead - you might review your opinion?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Really enjoyed it, one of Marvel's best IMO

Not quite up there with the first Avengers or Winter Soldier but really very close.

The Vision was done better than I could've ever imagined. It seemed to me that the character just didnt lend itself very well to a live action movie. But I thought the same for Cap and Thor so WTF do I know.....

Would recommend
edit on 2-5-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am still confused... Why do an AntMan movie whom I recall being the actual creator of Ultron, and is an Avenger. Yet not include him in an Avenger's Ultron movie?!

I guess they have the benefit of knowing what is yet to be released, so with time maybe I'll understand. The Amazing Spiderman rehash fell apart for me for the same reason... Now Peter Parker's Dad created him?! Sometimes it's hard to just let a movie be a movie by itself, it is hard to forget what you already know.

The Vision was cool but very underused, he is the only way to win and gets knocked out for most of the fight. He came off a little to rendered and shiny too. He reminded me more of Martian Manhunter than vision to me but oh well.

All in all my boys and I dug it. Worth the free Stream at least. I will say this as far as the dislikes go, it as most movies of the genre comes off like a commercial advertisement for all the products the characters used in the movie
edit on 2-5-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

I didn't think ant man was even a thing until yesterday lol. I find it funny paul rudd is playing a superhero. Lol. So y'all didn't find the avengers movie poorly scripted then? I thought there were entirely too many one liners.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The movie was pretty good and I did enjoy it, but holy cow, that end fight scene based in the village/town could of been halved in length. It's the first ever time I've checked my watch during a Marvel movie. It was still good, but by far the weakest Avengers movie over all, including individual ones. Pretty sure I won't bother buying it when it comes out on DVD.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

This is going to sound weird but I liked the a character development, even though it was weird that they almost seemed like they were introducing new avengers. But I didnt really care for the story line to much.

And James Spader was off putting as that type of villain. I thought he was supposed to give off this menacing terror type vibe. but whenever he spoke it was on the verge of being comical. What he does in the Blacklist is completely different then this and actually works this didn't for me. He had this royal sardonic speech that doesn't work for a villain.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I liked it. Though it should be stated that Marvel has created with the MCU movies that function more like television series. Where one movie will callback or setup plots from other movies. Then they self-contain all the action in the movies (notice that Cap America didn't come help Tony in Iron Man 3 or vice-verse for Winter Soldier), so they are also functioning like live action comic books. The thing is that this is making these movies as convoluted as the comic books, where you have to literally read every book Marvel publishes to know what is going on with your favorite super hero or understand parts of the plot.

All of this can have the problem of creating plot holes (How did Dr. Zola capture Bucky in Germany after falling off the train when Dr. Zola was captured by Captain America on that same train and sent to America?) or unresolve plot threads until later movies.

However, I DID enjoy this movie. I went in expecting what I just said above (plus Joss Whedon as director pretty much says explosions and nerd-gasms all over the place) so I wasn't disappointed when that was exactly what I got. (*Spoilers ahead*) Plus now they've hyped up Thanos for two Avengers movie post-credit teasers. I'm ready to see him rock the world.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I enjoyed the movie, and the character development of the Hulk, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. Would have been worth it just to see the Hulk-Buster Iron Man suit....that was damn cool.

True, the village scene was way too long though.

Some great moments in this flick though. Not like the Hulk smashing Loki moment of the first film, but still some good ones here, and worth the price of admission. As good as the first? No, but still entertaining.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Really enjoyed it, one of Marvel's best IMO

Not quite up there with the first Avengers or Winter Soldier but really very close.

The Vision was done better than I could've ever imagined. It seemed to me that the character just didnt lend itself very well to a live action movie. But I thought the same for Cap and Thor so WTF do I know.....

Would recommend

I whole heartedly agree with everything you said!!!

It's my third favorite marvel movie, behind avengers and winter soldier. It's the massive hype that has people down playing it. In avengers one no one knew if it could work yetand marvel/Disney killed it. They made a once in a life time "perfect" movie, But with ultron the hype was off the charts. Ultron was a great movie but it wasn't one of the five best movies ever made and it's standing next to what IMHO is one of the best movies of ALL time from any genre!

My few dislikes were:

They should have mechanized Bethany's visions voice, like they did with spade.

The avengers accept vision WAY to quick, ULTRON MADE HIM!! There should have been more initial mistrust. I'm hoping the 3 hour version from the extended cut might fix it.

Didn't think spaded nailed ultron. Just a hair too human.

Thor had some comedic hits and misses. Thought he tried too much.

Banner (ruffalo) shoud have made the decision to leave, not hulk. Made no sense to have hulk do it.

But overall great movie just not great when held next to avengers one.

top topics

join