It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military coup Syria - Presidential palace in Damascus under fire....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: bullcat

I could embarrass you with a reply but I rather eat popcorn while I see how you're getting finely chopped by my good ATS fellows in this thread.

Shift up a bit mate, and I'll share my beer if you share your popcorn

I'm enjoying this as much as you

Cody

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I hate to post anything that actually might pertain to the topic, but the first thing that came to mind is the stockpile of chemical weapons that Syria has.

I know, too much on topic.

Apologies.

'Merica sux, rah rah. . . there.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I hate to post anything that actually might pertain to the topic, but the first thing that came to mind is the stockpile of chemical weapons that Syria has.

Apologies.

Ha! Yeah...that was the first issue I thought of as well when I read the initial tweet on it. If a chemical weapons stockpile came in to play here that would be really bad.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: intrepid

I've been searching and cannot come up with anything except one twitter account with links back to this thread. That was pointed out earlier in the thread.

I have found three that point to Al-manar, but have yet to see Al-manar put anything up on their site about it. It was claimed to have been from Al-manar TV though, so it may not hit their site until later if they are trying to get a real story up.

So we wait and see. It would not surprise me that you are right because of ATS's reputation for being first with the news.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
As to the topic, any news on what's happening in Syria?
Just recently (some 2-3 weeks ago) a whole province name "idlib" was captured by ISIS terrorists . Now SAA (Syrian Army) is launching a heavy assault on the city to gain back control .

Many people have been executed in the city by charges of "Supporting establishment" or "being a witch" and moronic nonsenses like that .

Now the government can't do much of "Air support" either since idlib is more crowded than any city that has been captured by ISIS till now .

Raqa is the stronghold of ISIS terrorists . for the first time raqqa (its people are strong supporters of ISIS - their sect is wahhabi and they hold the same mentality) has been under attack from Kurdish forces .

To sum it up , as i said in my previous post , the situation in Syria has been much worse before . my personal take is that the issue of idlib was a setback but it doesn't change the realities on the ground much .

STALEMATE . hopefully this will change with more help from Iran and less support of US to "moderate" rebels .

Unfortunately Iran's support to governmental forces has not been as vast as expected . Iran fears being called "Sectarian" by Saudi-axis and their propaganda can cause Iran to lose influence among sunni muslims .

Well IMHO , to hell with that .

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Apologies.

Syrian government has removed all his chemical weapons under supervision of UN .

the only ones who have used chemical weapons were and ARE syrian "moderate" rebels . the same ones who behead people and are armed to teeth from US-made arms and Saudi funding .

talk about misinformation and propaganda .

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Your posts carry the stench of propaganda.

Unless you have inside information I seriously doubt that you can state that Syria has no chemical weapons.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Your posts carry the stench of propaganda.

Unless you have inside information I seriously doubt that you can state that Syria has no chemical weapons.
OH HOLY HELL .

Why are you people like this ? what do you watch on TV ? OMG .

here you go man :

www.cbsnews.com...

Syria - destruction of Chemical weapons

edit on 1-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So Syria "had" chemical weapons but now they don't because Assasd is soooo honest and trustworthy and he would never lie.

(roll eyes)

Please forgive me. But I will remain skeptical.

I'm not one to blindly trust media or governments.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So Syria "had" chemical weapons but now they don't because Assasd is soooo honest and trustworthy and he would never lie.

(roll eyes)

Please forgive me. But I will remain skeptical.

I'm not one to blindly trust media or governments.
My dear , the removal was under UN supervision and it had nothing to with Assad's honesty . lol

at the time assad was not in a position to negotiate and expect others to believe him .

you can believe whatever you want , but i can swear on my own name that you had no idea that this was the case .

you just pulled that out cause thats the only thing you know about syrian situation :

Assad : bad guy , chemical weapons

ISIS : also bad .

this is the summery , isn't it ?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Don't know and frankly, don't care.

But if you trust the UN and Assad to give up all the chemical weapons, then (chuckle) alrighty then.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: bullcat

I could embarrass you with a reply but I rather eat popcorn while I see how you're getting finely chopped by my good ATS fellows in this thread.

Shift up a bit mate, and I'll share my beer if you share your popcorn

I'm enjoying this as much as you

Cody

Oh man...., thanks for the beer. I was choking laughing and eating popcorn at same time.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

But if you trust the UN and Assad to give up all the chemical weapons, then (chuckle) alrighty then.

Most of the world trusts the UN. Not much love for the UN in the US though because they don't get in lockstep.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Don't know and frankly, don't care.

Well i care . i care sooo much . you have no idea how much i care about the situation in Syria .

If syria falls , if ISIS wins over Syria , its almost GAME OVER for human beings in middle east cause big wars are inevitable . Iran will definitely be engaged in one to protect it's people from this $h!tfest . and i don't want war , no body does . i have nothing to do with it . i am just happy with my life right now in Iran and i don't want my people to suffer like Iraqis and Syrians do .

thats why i fight hard to give Syria what it deserves : Information . and not just any information from twitter accounts .

So no dear , Syria has no chemical weapons cause international investigation proved so . US , Russia , Iran , Syria , lebenon ,. .... all said so . UN said so .

yeah i find UN's declaration much more valuable than what terrorists in twitter claim .

not that UN is a saint .

edit on 1-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Are you hearing any news of this supposed coup there?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No reports like that here .

Maybe they're looking for confirmation , i donno .

but personally , i don't think so . many soldiers from SAA defected to ISIS camp at the start of the madness . but the remaining forces are very loyal .

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Most of the world trusts the UN. Not much love for the UN in the US though because they don't get in lockstep.

Any organization that is "manned" by humans is corrupt.

Man, by his very nature, is corruptible. Organizations, doubly so.

I'll just sit over here and remain a skeptic.

(that way I'm never disappointed)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

but personally , i don't think so . many soldiers from SAA defected to ISIS camp at the start of the madness . but the remaining forces are very loyal .

Well, if you do hear anything could I impose on you to post it here for confirmation? This would be a very bad situation for all involved. My guess is that you would know before we would over here in the US.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well, if you do hear anything could I impose on you to post it here for confirmation? This would be a very bad situation for all involved. My guess is that you would know before we would over here in the US.
Of course dear . I'll check all sources and get back at you as soon as i could .

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Of course dear . I'll check all sources and get back at you as soon as i could .

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Dude. Please. Knock of the condescending "dear" crap. It's annoying and distracting.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join