It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Let's hope this does indeed set a precedence for future, and current or past police brutality!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

So, while he had an illegal knife (which is my guess as to why he ran) the cops didn't know it until after searching him.

Except that the State Attorney says that the knife was not illegal.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not illegal can mean many things. To carry or to posses.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles
If it was illegal to carry it, it would have been an illegal knife, as he was carrying it at the time. Is it really that hard to say, "Oh, I was wrong." ?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: jimmyx

that should have changed the way the Baltimore police did business, it did not. hence, the riot....

people are still responsible for their own actions.......rioting and tearing a city a part and destroying peoples means to provide for their family is never an acceptable action....

Regardless of what happens in this world , we are accountable for what we do in reaction, no one else...

oh, I agree, those that did the damage should be punished to the full extant of the law. let's also remember that the wealthy part of the city was left alone, or well guarded. the "rioting and tearing the city apart" did not take place in wealthy enclaves of Baltimore. the only part of the city that got "torn apart" were in the poorest part of the city.

when the rubber hits the road and the SHTF, the police protect the powerful and wealthy, and punish the poor, and powerless. that was the idea that I was trying to get across.
edit on 1-5-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Yeah there are a plethora of different knives. I knew bowie was one. Wth is a gravity knife.

A gravity knife is a folding knife that can be opened only by orienting the blade so that gravity pulls it opens . Usually any knife without a positive detent or bias to being closed will qualify.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

For about 99% on here yes it is
. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but he ran for a reason........

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Then either:
A) the State Attorney lied (or was lied to)
B) the State Attorney doesn't know the law
C) the knife was incorrectly reported as a "switch blade"
D) my internet search/source on MD laws are wrong maryland-knife-laws/

EDIT: Also, was this in a school zone? I have no idea but school zones have stricter laws

edit on 5/1/2015 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

If he served 2 years on a felony drug charge, that would qualify him as a felon. Unless the time was spent in jail awaiting trial.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but, as of yet, I've been unable to find any credible confirmation to that claim. Do you have a link besides Heavy, which says:

Gray had a lengthy arrest record with convictions dating back until at least 2007, according to the Maryland Department of Justice. Not all of the arrests led to convictions, in many of the cases he pleaded guilty to one charge while the others were dropped. Exact details of when he spent time in prison were not immediately available.

For all we know, he plead to lesser offence.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead

Then either:
C) the knife was incorrectly reported as a "switch blade"
D) my internet search/source on MD laws are wrong

You missed one option:
E) the Police lied.
The police have been caught in lies already in this story. No reason to start believing them now.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am gonna go with C, not a stretch considering all the other incorrect reporting, like the false narrative of his recent lawsuits lol.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It happens all the time.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles
Considering they killed him after they caught him...... I can see why he ran. Ever consider he ran, because last time he was in their custody, it was a "rough ride"?

edit on Fri, 01 May 2015 12:04:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Not illegal can mean many things. To carry or to posses.

It has already been posted that it is not against the law for a felon to concealed carry a legal knife.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I figure that would be covered under "C" ... I was just saying it nice.

Can we figure out if the arrest was in a school zone? I'd be curious as the knife carry laws in a school zone are much more strict...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I figure that would be covered under "C" ... I was just saying it nice.

Can we figure out if the arrest was in a school zone? I'd be curious as the knife carry laws in a school zone are much more strict...

I think it would be nice to come right out and call the police liars, since 'C' could be construed as incorrect reporting by the media.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Whether the knife was legal or illegal, it has no bearing on this case. The police had no probable cause to chase or arrest him. PERIOD! The knife was found as the result of an illegal arrest, so it is not pertinent. The police actions, or inactions, lead directly to his death. That is what the officers have been charged with.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Good point, I'll amend!

C) the knife was incorrectly reported as a "switch blade" by the media
E) the police lied about the type of knife, planted the knife or outright just made it up and there was no knife at all
edit on 5/1/2015 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Good point, I'll amend!

C) the knife was incorrectly reported as a "switch blade" by the media
E) the police lied about the type of knife, planted the knife or outright just made it up and there was no knife at all

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I still think that the officers roughed-up Freddy Grey but they went over-board. I just don't understand how if there was a bump or a hit on the car so forceful that it severed Grey's spine, why didn't the other passengers in the same vehicle sustain any injuries? Something doesn't fit.
edit on 1-5-2015 by lostbook because: word add

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join