It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Perhaps you are too?. Maybe you have friends, family, co-workers, drinking buddies, who like to remind you that you are a "crazy conspiracy theorist". They will ignore your education, life experience and knowledge just because you happen to hold a view that goes against the status quo. They will dismiss any journal article you present as "a conspiracy website" even if its from JSTOR, Oxford University Press or some reputable institution, without even clicking the link or looking at the URL.

Some will even hide behind their own education while they ignore yours; "but you're not a scientist" even if you studied the same degree. Some will use logical fallacies, and then call you deluded when you present rational argument. Some will just straight out call you an idiot.

I just removed a handful of people from my FB friends list, I dont need that kind of negativity in my life.

Sure, this creates a "feedback loop" of confirmation bias, but I really dont need the abuse.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates

It's not necessarily your fault because there are many valid conspiracy theories. It's just that People tend to look at ones like reptiles impersonated all world leaders and judge us from that. It would go a long way to having our voices heard if we united and denounced some of the goofier theories.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Let them be, we will have the last laugh.

If there are any humans left by then.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
I try and denounce any David Icke-esque rantings, but he really needs to be held accountable for the damage he has caused our "community". The problem is, when he dies, someone else will take his place.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Great statement I agree. There are far too many nuts and not enough squirrels

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook
Let them be well the fk away from me.

I "had the last laugh" with some of them regarding 911, fifteen years later and they should at least entertain the notion that their government does not value their life. And that I might actually be better informed than they...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories really prove someone's open-mindedness(and some have too much of it also...)

I don't want you to agree, I want you to entertain the thought. If you are completely incapable of the latter you aren't fully developed mentally.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think conspiracy needs to be replaced with a more appropriate word. It should be a word that embraces possibilities and detailed research. The practice of boldly questioning the perceived facts that are often partial truths.

I don't FB or Tweet. I have a small circle of influence in my personal life but a large professional presence.

And I accept precious little as factual until I am convinced it as truth.

* standing up * Hi, my name is Ultra and I am a Conspiracy Theorist!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
An alternative word to "conspiracy" or conspiracy theorist...

How about: Agenda Aware?

Hi everyone, my name is ItVibrates and I'm agenda aware

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

There ya go!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Remember dogs love to chase squirrels

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It would go a long way to having our voices heard if we united and denounced some of the goofier theories.

And you call yourself a CTr??

Though Ive always wondered, how can there be a hollow earth and a flat earth at the same time?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Thanks!!!!!!

Funniest statement I read all night.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Remember dogs love to chase squirrels

Thank God most of the big dogs stay on the porch.... er ...,,, um ...,.. I mean computers.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The key is to post the opposite of what you believe and see the responses and likes. If you get more response and praise than what you actually believe, easy friend toss away. Many will believe in the anti-conspiracy, but many will not be vocal about their opinion (some never stfu though).

I once posted on my FB that Jesus talked to me in a dream, he told me that "those that believe you when you speak of my words, are the true believers of my religion. Tell all you know to be as I was and do as I did to reach heaven on Earth and in the after life. Keep believing in me and your dreams will become reality, all you teach about me, the Lord, will love you"; or something like that, more biblically though. I had like 50 responses and likes within a couple days.

I played along, told them that If Jesus is your friend then I am your friend, He is coming back to save the believers, I will pray for those who like or respond and you shall be loved. Then said I made it up. I do not pray. To anything, but I want good things to happen to good people. No one wanted to believe me, they told me that "dreams happen for a reason, that it was a sign, Jesus comes in many ways, your message was so inspirational, etc."

I said "No, it was imagination. I watched the news, was disgusted with humanity, smoke a spliff, and wanted to see who believes this garbage. Everyone on TV seems to be religious in a way yet the world is hell for billions" I then went on to explain that If I entered any other demi-god figure from any religion or alien being, I'd been persecuted and mocked, or have 0 responses. But my words motivated some, and got some to want to talk to me more, and then I crapped on their idea of me and saw how weak they were in the face of adversity. I never tried to discredit Jesus, I just said they shouldn't be so gullible, believe anything because it sounds legit and has Jesus in it. I lost 7 web friends in a day, either cause I hade fun at Jesus's expense, made up a story, or tricked them. In one post I saw many true colors, especially when they hated me for doing it.

Sad thing is, I was speaking truth as to what I thought people should do, spread love and such, and people liked it until they realized Jesus didn't say it but I did. I wonder if they think the Bible through many editions and translations has Jeus's true spoken words in it? Yes, because the Bible is he truth is a response I heard. I do not miss these friends. Yet I still have friends that post on their pages about such things and get reminded that I was expelled for their circle which wasn't a very Christian act to do.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates
Perhaps you are too?. Maybe you have friends, family, co-workers, drinking buddies, who like to remind you that you are a "crazy conspiracy theorist". They will ignore your education, life experience and knowledge just because you happen to hold a view that goes against the status quo. They will dismiss any journal article you present as "a conspiracy website" even if its from JSTOR, Oxford University Press or some reputable institution, without even clicking the link or looking at the URL.

Some will even hide behind their own education while they ignore yours; "but you're not a scientist" even if you studied the same degree. Some will use logical fallacies, and then call you deluded when you present rational argument. Some will just straight out call you an idiot.

I just removed a handful of people from my FB friends list, I dont need that kind of negativity in my life.

Sure, this creates a "feedback loop" of confirmation bias, but I really dont need the abuse.

Yeah, nahhhh, yeah, I get where yer comin from cobber. Trouble is, where I'm sittin at a table after a week of herding with me mates havin a schooner, talking about getting the cattle in and someone starts talkin about "man didn't land on the moon," or " crikey mate!!! they flew drones into the twin towers" or, the best yet, "see yon trails in the sky, thems a thing that's sprayed, called chem trails." Me and me cobbers look yonder into the sky and see a trails through the sky at about, and I'm no expert on distances, I'd say about, yeah, nahhh, yeah, 30,000 feet.

I tip me schooner to the conspiritist and say, well, "youse had gotta be one of them experts!! and anyways, getting back to roundin up them fat cows gents."

Sigh, another schooner of unadulterated ale please barkeep!

Kind regards,

Bally.

Time and place and audience mate! Then you'll get some listens.

edit on 1-5-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Your post just need a good melody and little lyric arrangements. Then a nice video clip.

If Lennon was here he'll do it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Don't worry.
Everything is under control.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Welcome to the world of the alert

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

It's not necessarily your fault because there are many valid conspiracy theories. It's just that People tend to look at ones like reptiles impersonated all world leaders and judge us from that. It would go a long way to having our voices heard if we united and denounced some of the goofier theories.

but what if he's right about reptilians? would be an irony of not comical proportions if he was actually correct. furthermore, other species of sentients we haven't knowingly interacted with, are not automatically evil. some might be, but the idea they would all automatically be evil is a form of racism. regardless, sometimes the craziest theories are correct, sometimes they're not (usually they're not) but that doesn't mean you should assume they are all incorrect. sure you'll be right more often than not, but it isn't very scientific to automatically assume you're right about something you don't have the wherewithal to prove isn't true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join