It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BACON! Need I Say More? Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe 4 You - Plus, Share Your Recipes!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
When i am doing the low carb thing and needing a nice powerful meal to keep me inspired...i make these green beans to go with my protein:

- chop down 4 strips of bacon while you toast 1/4c of almond slivers or pine nuts in a skillet
- once the nuts are toasted, remove and set aside.
- throw the 4 strips of chopped bacon into the skillet and start rendering out the fat. I usually go ahead and add in butter or more bacon fat equal to 2 tbs, give or take
- once the bacon starts to render, throw in about 1/4c diced onion, and 1/2 chopped mushrooms, and salt the dish to your liking
- once the onions start to sweat a little, throw in a bag of frozen green beans and cover
- after it sits covered for about 5 minutes or so, it should be starting to return to heat again, and the beans should be starting to soften. Give them a good stir and let them keep going
- if it starts to dry before its cooked, just throw the lid back on to retain moisture utnil the green beans are done
- stir the nuts back into the dish, and serve

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL @ the "gringos"

Bacon grease... the nectar of the gods.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: cody599

Ah, you beat me to the good ol' fashioned Irish bacon and cabbage recipe... I also add a bit of chicken stock to mine to soften up the cabbage and add a little extra zing of flavour to it.

My favourite way of eating it is on top of a mound of garlic mashed potatoes.

Bacon tip of the week:

Never toss out your bacon grease !

After cooking your bacon in a frying pan or whatever, drain the grease into a small mason jar, allow it to cool a bit, put on the lid and toss it into the fridge. Use it to replace butter or oil for the next time you're frying up something. I use most of my bacon grease when I'm frying up homemade hashbrowns... it adds amazing flavour to the fried spuds !

LOL have you been looking through my kitchen window CS ?

That's exactly the way I eat mine, and the bacon fat is ALWAYS a keeper, it adds so much flavour to everything, I'm lucky as I don't put on weight regardless of how much I eat so whilst Mrs C is on a permanent (and very tasty) diet, I just pile in as much as I can.

There are plenty of times we cook the same same meal, but mine is mega calories and hers is low fat, mine however tastes somewhat better.

And I get to eat all the crackling from roast pork, duck skin, chicken skin etc. etc. etc.......................Damn I love that woman LOL

She's a food angel

Cody

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
When i am doing the low carb thing and needing a nice powerful meal to keep me inspired...i make these green beans to go with my protein:

- chop down 4 strips of bacon while you toast 1/4c of almond slivers or pine nuts in a skillet
- once the nuts are toasted, remove and set aside.
- throw the 4 strips of chopped bacon into the skillet and start rendering out the fat. I usually go ahead and add in butter or more bacon fat equal to 2 tbs, give or take
- once the bacon starts to render, throw in about 1/4c diced onion, and 1/2 chopped mushrooms, and salt the dish to your liking
- once the onions start to sweat a little, throw in a bag of frozen green beans and cover
- after it sits covered for about 5 minutes or so, it should be starting to return to heat again, and the beans should be starting to soften. Give them a good stir and let them keep going
- if it starts to dry before its cooked, just throw the lid back on to retain moisture utnil the green beans are done
- stir the nuts back into the dish, and serve

I love toasted pine nuts

I'll try this recipe but I will likely replace the green beans with french fries and more bacon.

Maybe a salad leaf for effect LOL

Cody

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ohh that really sounds good!

Thank you!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

lol... I don't know.. that salad leaf might be a bit much! hahahaha

Your funny with the wife thing! I am like you though.. ohhh I love the skins and all that! Hubby is the one in my house who wont eat them!

They are a wonder though.. between both of us we can finish a meal! hahaha
edit on 2-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I have yet to try the nectar... maybe later today I will get to try its use!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
All thosre bacon recipes look awesome...

Well maybe not the cabbage so much, I'm not a big fan of cabbage.

So I live on the beach so we eat alot of seafood. Everyone loves a good bacon wrapped shrimp or scallop.

The trick here is parcooking your bacon first. Cut strips in half and lay on a sheet tray covered in tin foil (The tin foil makes cleaning a breeze) Throw them in the oven for 12 minutes, 15 if you bought the extra thick stuff @ 350 degrees.

Remove and let cool.... it won't be cooked all the way and the fat should have just started to render.

Wrap raw shrimp and scallops with a half slice of bacon each.

Cook them in the oven for 10 minutes @ 425 degrees.
You use the higher temperature with the seafood to ensure it isn't chewy... but don't over cook!

Both go well with a roasted mango glaze.

While your par cooking your bacon add another pan of diced mango for 12 minutes.
When it comes out of the oven toss it in the blender and voila, mango glaze!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

What can I say ?

I like to push the boat out

Cody

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was wondering when the scallops wrapped in bacon would show up ....a real slice of heaven

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
so tonight i used Chef Slugs suggestion for a mango glaze, but threw some onion and garlic in with it. then honey in the mix when blending it. Was really good on some pork chops grilled. Rather than run through the whole menu, lets cut to the chase.....

.....fried corn. I love fried corn, and do it in any way I can think of. Tonight it was fried in some of the applewood smoked bacon grease from a few days ago. With onions and some chili paste.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Bacon and Salmon Chowder with clams, even some scallops, real ceam. Yummy!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
ocean perch with lemon thyme....panfried in bacon grease. Outstanding use of the Heavenly Fat.

No complaints, just a report.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

(post by ShawnBigglesworth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join