It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BACON! Need I Say More? Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe 4 You - Plus, Share Your Recipes!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Currently i work for a catering company. One appetizer people love are bacon wrapped asparagus it's simple elegant and really tasty! Use a peeler to get the outer layer of skin off the asparagus (not necessary but i prefer it). Wrap a single slice of bacon around each asparagus try to cover as much as possible.. Throw into oven at 350 til the bacons cooked. Done

Want more ideas lol?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

That sounds nice!

And yes, keep more ideas coming! I am just keeping this thread, and will be using it over the next months to learn, and create new dishes that I have never made before.. all of them using bacon!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ohh with feta.. you got my mouth watering with feta! lol..

Super cool recipe! Thank you!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I shoulda put it in a different post...but i did share a brussels sprouts recipe in an edit on a prior post.

But since i don't want to only make this post about advertising that one....here is another bacon recipe that we have from time to time:

- split 8 jalapenos, remove the seeds. i recommend you wear gloves for this, to be honest. If you have rubber or vinyl gloves, anyway (LOL, don't do it in leather work gloves
)
- in a ziplock bag empty the contents of a package of philly cheese. If you want to dress up the cheese, you can mix it in the bag (like add some chopped scallion, or maybe sub in some goat cheese...OMG, that would be good)
- cut the corner off the ziplock, and pipe a bead of the cheese into each jalapeno half
- cut 8 slices of bacon in half. Wrap each jalapeno with a half a piece of bacon. You can skewer them if you like...or ust wrap them in a way that won't let the bacon fall off
- pop them on the grill, cooking them with indirect heat (to prevent flare up). Or you can cook them on a cooling rack/cookie sheet combo in your oven at 350 degrees

We call them Armadillo Eggs.

edit on 4/30/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Makin' bacon

www.theguardian.com...

If you are really keen, then make your own bacon. It's so easy and you can source a really good piece of pork belly, so you know the provenance.

It's time to go dream of bacon and eggs here in Blighty, but I will be back to continue the discussion because i love a good bacon conversation. Especially if it also involves cheese.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: f4andHALFtoads

Ohhh... very good! THANK YOU!

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Awesome, especially how we are getting into summer grilling season! Thank you very much for all your advice and your recipes!

Okay guys, I am off for a couple hours.. but keep this thread going! Its BACON time!

edit on 30-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I was raised on southern cooking. Braised cabbage or collards are delicious with bacon. I dont have recipes for these just kinda put stuff together but you cant go wrong. Bacon, onions, garlic, and veg stock are best friends!

Also you can save the rendered fat from bacon for further use. It can be used as a substitute for shortening. I like to use bacon fat instead of butter on the bottom of my pan for baking cornbread.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream
One appetizer people love are bacon wrapped asparagus...

I would eat bacon-wrapped cigarette butts.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Damn it man your a genious!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
well...i see that BH beat me to the poppers.....so now i hav eto add another one....

How about the perfect BLT?

Not much of a recipe, more of a technique. Remember how i told you to bake bacon in the oven? Use that method to cook, but instead of just laying the pieces in there, cut them in half and weave them into this:

before putting into the oven.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

I would say that you could trick me into eating my finger if it was wrapped in bacon but I would probably do it willingly.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A good meatloaf stands by itself and does not need cheese or bacon if done right in my opinion.
I suggest you look for an alternative recipe for your newly purchased bacon. Something not quite so overwhelming......possibly bacon and eggs with garlic hashed browns, baked beans and Texas toast for supper.
That picture made me a bit ill ......take no offense just my opinion (You asked) :-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

New to bacon? First bacon purchase?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder
A good meatloaf stands by itself and does not need cheese or bacon if done right in my opinion.
Iwinder

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Iwinder
Iwinder

LOL..... did you know that bacon was not a breakfast food until they decided they could make a lot of money off of pork for breakfast?
www.cracked.com...

www.americantable.org...

It was and still is profit driven, I wonder how healthy we would be if we just stuck to oats and grains for breakfast?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Well, just a short update on dinner tonight, as I did use BFFT's cooking bacon advice...(but not the weaving above, I just saw that! Cool idea!)

I wanted to start with something simple that was not difficult to mess up, so I made BLT's.

My first batch of bacon I found too crispy, but my second batch I think was JUST right! I made the sandwiches with just a nice romaine lettuce, a sliced tomato, some cheese, bacon (I think I used three slices per sandwich approximately) and mayo on buttered and grilled bread...

To go with it I sliced up a couple of potatoes into french fry's, and they were the side dish..

very simple meal..

AND OMG IT WAS SOOO GOOD! The bacon was so yummy, a little salty a bit smoky and a bit sweet too... OHHH that was so good!

Okay.. so we will be incorporating bacon lots more here in the OB household! Most definitely!

I cannot wait to try some of your guy's recipes! This is going to be so nice, and not just for hubby either! hahaha..

Ohh now I know what you all keep talking about.. hahahaha

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Glad you enjoyed it, please keep in mind moderation is the trick with bacon. Even if you have a good health care plan and your brother in law is a cardiologist:-)
Your description of you meal made me hungry.....off I go for a bowl of oatmeal now:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

I will keep your advice in mind!

Enjoy your oatmeal.. I have oatmeal a couple times a week with breakfast.. its good!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes.. that I am sure is too long a story... but yeah, I am new to cooking bacon..

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You can do the same sort of thing with asparagus. I've found that if you take two stalks of asparagus and wrap it with a single piece of bacon rather than one stalk, it's easier to handle. Secure with toothpicks, drizzle with olive oil, and broil in the oven until the bacon goes crisp. Kinda tricky getting this just right, but excellent when you do.

* We're talking American bacon now, not the thin pieces of ham called Canadian bacon. Not the same thing, not the same flavor, and not appropriate for the Cult of Bacon.

This morning I had BLT's: bacon, lettuce, tomato on toasted bread. Cut the tomatoes as thin as you can, add ample pieces of crisp fried bacon, and lettuce if you want. Use mayo and do not forget the garlic powder. Use a "tough" bread from a bakery, not store-bought thin stuff, and it just makes you salivate. Substitute a fried egg broken for the tomato and lettuce for a lot more protein, which is also quite good.

In my area, at least, you do not need to buy the most expensive thickest bacon you can find. Thinner bacon fries up nicer without a lot of leftover fat, which you really want to render out to make it crispy. "Western Family" is the 'store brand' around here (no advertising, cheaper than the rest) which I find tastes better than the fancier 'gourmet' bacon that costs a lot more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join