It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so I have watched all of the debates & looked at my local constituency...now what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OK so basically where I live Swindon South and it is a conservative seat at the moment. Before that Labour.
I have watched this
Swindon South Voting

So now do I vote Labour because I don't want another 5 years of conservatives

or is it too risky to vote Lib dem or Green?

Head or Heart decision?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm still not sure at the moment who to vote for. I know one thing though I've been inundated with Labour leaflets through the post. People you never see until the big election arrives. Same with locals you never see them until they want your vote. a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have always voted Labour, even under Brown and Blair, I voted labour.

Not this time.

None of the leading parties do it for me, Cleg, Cameron, Ed, all look they have been cut of the same cloth.

I am probably going to vote SNP, even though I voted against independence.

Best of a bad bunch.

I probably would have voted for labour if it was Ed's brother running i think though.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree with you. I voted Lib Dem last time, as I agreed with most of their stances. I don't like Ed Milliband. I also preferred his brother.

So far I think the women have come off the best on the TV

I have a cast Iron Skillet made for David Cameron's face in my kitchen cupboard.

Nick Clegg does come off as teh better in a bad bunch.

If I could, I would vote Plaid Cymru, I thought they came off the best in the debates.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
OK so basically where I live Swindon South and it is a conservative seat at the moment. Before that Labour.
I have watched this
Swindon South Voting

So now do I vote Labour because I don't want another 5 years of conservatives

or is it too risky to vote Lib dem or Green?

Head or Heart decision?

Vote for anyone! Just don't vote for Greens!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
I'm still not sure at the moment who to vote for. I know one thing though I've been inundated with Labour leaflets through the post. People you never see until the big election arrives. Same with locals you never see them until they want your vote. a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

That one of the reasons Im keeping my conservative MP, she is pretty active round here.
But she is "young" her life energy probably hasn't been sucked out of her yet.
edit on 30-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then you sir have blood on your hands

Vote for Blair once you can be excused as no one knew he would start a illegal war but again?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Don't vote for Labour...please... lol

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then you sir have blood on your hands

Vote for Blair once you can be excused as no one knew he would start a illegal war but again?

Meh you could say they same for anyone who voted for Churchill or any government really for that matter

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

I had the exact same thing. Nothing from the Conservatives or any other party.

I have done the Isidewith quiz and the results are interesting. According to the results I should vote labour followed by lib dem

I Side With

Scarily though I had 25% UKIP. I had a shower after that.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Why Not?

Other than the fact Ed Milliband looks like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Why Not?

Other than the fact Ed Milliband looks like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit.

He will be a bitch to the EU is one thing

Second he refuses to admit labour over spent in there last office
Vote for your local labour mp if they are good, not vote for labour solely on milliband

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

a reply to: EnigmaAgent

I had the exact same thing. Nothing from the Conservatives or any other party.

I have done the Isidewith quiz and the results are interesting. According to the results I should vote labour followed by lib dem

I Side With

Scarily though I had 25% UKIP. I had a shower after that.

Although I wont vote UKIP I really dont understand the revulsion.

If you look at there policys they are not exactly bad.

They just get mud flung at them from the big 3 parties due them fearing there seats, alot of the UKIP fear mongering from labour in particular is BS.
edit on 1-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Hahaha, we'll I'm voting for UKIP myself. Watch the questioning of Farage from yesterday on iPlayer, then tell me why you wouldn't want to vote for UKIP.

I don't care if people tell me it's a wasted vote. If I can help get them into a position for a better chance next time then so be it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It is the 'Us & Them' mentality. I see it with the conservatives as well.

There is no us & them we are all people, people!

I also thought in the debate he came off as whingey.. and if you ask my step son, you don't get anything off me if you whinge.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

There is no us & them we are all people, people!

It might not be for you and me.

But in some of the southern coastal and port towns things are pretty grim. Infrastructure just has not kept up with immigration. That is Labours fault entirely as they should have planned and built the hospitals and schools in line with the immigration boom in 2001 rather than gone on crusades with the USA! The coalition now is stuck in a hard place as there is not the money to go on a hospital and school spending binge and even if they do hospitals and schools are not built over night your looking at 5-10 years IF they started building tomorrow and they wont at least until 2017 when the deficit is gone.

Where does that leave these community's? Its a pretty grotty place waiting months for doctor appointments and sending kids to overcrowded failing schools (Farages constituency is bad for this) and trying to get jobs that don't exist.
People don't want to wait 5-10 years.....people want relief there NOW. The only way they can get immediate relief is to stem the immigration tide a little. Not stop it just tone it down.

We might not live in those areas but I live near some and have visited some and you can see the problem. These people were betrayed by labour and are being abandoned by the coalition so the only people that are giving them a voice is UKIP.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ok I don't care if I'm behaving like a child and a prejudiced one at that, but I just hate Cameron. Ok, Eds a geek, but cameron is a git. I prefer geeks to gits. I know it's not very scientific, but I don't mind Milliband. I can't stand the site of Cameron. Simple as that and I like sturgeon too, SNP are the only party opposing TTIP.Which as I understand it a far bigger threat to our sovereignty than the EU.
edit on 1-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Hence why I have a skillet with David Cameron's face on it.

I also stuck my fingers up to his sign when driving int his constituency, with so much gusto that MrNonSpecific thought I was committing road rage and he would have to fight an angry man at the side of the road, when I pointed out the sign, he was like phew! Obviously after trying to shout at me.... when we drove back he did the same.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Same for me, I want that referendum on EU membership Cameron is making out he supports, so the more who vote UKIP then more chance we'll get one.
10-20% (or more) share of the national vote cannot be ignored easily.

...oh, and if we get an in-out referendum, I'm voting out, and in favour of a solely trading agreement with Europe, with immigration rules similar to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, The US...and basically every other country in the world outside of Europe. If my country does not need your skill set then you are not welcome to come here, use our public services, claim in-work benefits and all the rest of it.

Call that racist or xenophobic anyone? Then you are calling Australia, New Zealand, Canada, The US...and all other countries racist as well. I can't just turn up in any of those nations and expect to move in if they don't need my skill set.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't have an issue with EU immigrants. I think we do have an issue with non-EU immigrants.

I don't like the relationship we have with the EU, but farmers need the subsidy, and I don't know how it would effect our trade if we were separate. I would have to look into it. It is a serious decision.

I do know that some british companies recruit in the EU in order to bring workers in which would mean they come here with a legitimate reason.

Swindon has the largest population of Goans outside of Goa.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join