It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a plane and likely NOT a blimp - SAN DIEGO LIGHTS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread, but have mountain lights been ruled out? I know there is a San Ysidro Mountain. You'd think an NBC camera man would know if there's a mountain there or not, but you never know. Just reminds me a lot of images like these:

c1.staticflickr.com...
cdn.ipernity.com...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I do wish the NBC reporter on the beat gave me more info , but here is her response to my direct tweet to her...

"Laura McVicker ‏@LauraAllisonMac Apr 30
@ChestnutPhil Hi Philip, we don't have any more follow up info at the moment, but if we get more, we'll update our site. Thanks!"

So, without more details and more video, it's pretty hard to triangulate where, and what that is.

Reflections seem plausible - but c'mon guys, an NBC crew filming reflections for a story? really?

A blimp still lingers in my head as the most likely alternative to a UFO - but again, wouldn't a blimp have been common knowledge, seen far and wide? Unless of course its military or DEA surveillance over tijuana (like one of the comments said on the nbc website).

The story will fade/die without more info. I may have to keep bugging that reporter for any detail!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

Yes, do that, please. We don't know how long it hang there f.e., if it is a reflection, a mirage, radio towers, or a blimp, would be easier to tell when we knew when or how it got there and when or how it disappeared.
If i would have been there that would have been a night camping and staring at/filming it all the time.
He doesn't even try to zoom in. I mean come on. And zero other vids, witnesses, or pictures, that also seems a little bit fishy.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I always think "hoax" when there is only 1 video filmed of a craft hovering over a densely populated area....Probably 50,000+ residents within sight of this "thing" and this is the only video? Come on! You have 2 or 3 videos surface when police brutalize a citizen, and there's only a handful of people within sight of these atrocities.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Stop taking pictures of my drones!

it's been really hazy here the last couple days due to the massive Camp Pendleton fire.

Probably these are just the anti hazard lights of the cranes of the constructions that is going on in San Diego or even some high rises. Our airport arrival route is going right over downtown so every freaking building has super flashers on top.

edit on 2-5-2015 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: drphilxr
a reply to: Peeple

love the shadow holding all the lights together...just checking in and haven't filled in gaps since yesterday, so i assume someone has already enhanced the photo like this!

Yeah... that's 100% human that is..

for sure.. totally a drone reflecting off a blimp, powered by pure 1080p CGI.. and towing a few lanterns..

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: drphilxr

love the shadow holding all the lights together...just checking in and haven't filled in gaps since yesterday, so i assume someone has already enhanced the photo like this!

I love it too. Too bad it's not visible in the OP video,

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Woooow. Really nice find my friend. Well, even though I'm a full believer in the UFO phenomenon, I'll say this. Biased analysis or not, my conclusion is the same. That object was BIZARRE. It was almost like a sort of glowing potato chip strung with lights. What really gets me is that aspect of it. The shape. Definitely not any drone I've ever seen. It does not move like a blimp would, nor a passenger airliner or jet. It also really does appear to be massive doesn't it? At this juncture, I'm going to have call this one legitimate. Really amazing footage.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2
Wooooow, the enhanced photo you posted there definitely puts the shape of the object into a completely different perspective. Without the enhancement,the shape of the object appears much different to my eye. I'll have to watch the video again, with that photo in mind for comparison. Good work everyone. Let's keep going. This could really be something.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: s1ngular1ty

Not my photo and the "enhancement" was my point.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I always think "hoax" when there is only 1 video filmed of a craft hovering over a densely populated area....Probably 50,000+ residents within sight of this "thing" and this is the only video? Come on! You have 2 or 3 videos surface when police brutalize a citizen, and there's only a handful of people within sight of these atrocities.

Refreshing to see at least one person in this thread using their brain.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think the zoom in is included in the video - just can't tell if that's a cropped digital zoom or optical zoom.

I am a bit worried that this is a reflection - but still can't reconcile why a pro videography NBC crew for a large metropolitan city would video a reflection, unless they wanted to propagate a hoax.

Also a bit worried that no other video has surfaced yet. The original story DID mention that there were witnesses with photos and videos, just can't seem to find them online....besides these (which are rehashed):

Weather.com story rehash

Also, Del Cerro (SD) neighborhood is close to an airfield, and San Diego State University, not to mention Qualcomm stadium. Again, it would be very odd for this not to be imaged by a LOT of other people.

Keep looking ATS!!
edit on 5/2/2015 by drphilxr because: more links

edit on 5/2/2015 by drphilxr because: links!!

edit on 5/2/2015 by drphilxr because: spelling (sigh)

edit on 5/2/2015 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If it is extra terrestrial, maybe it is trying to communicate with the lights on the ground ? Got me on this one, I would rule out CGI if it was taken by a news cameraman.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

Very eerie how it just stays in place, as if it wants people to see it

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

That's really funny, they manage to travel through time and space arrive at Earth and start talking to street lamps?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This would be a great time if the science community took UFO sightings seriously. Imagine if we had a birds eye view of this event from an orbiting satellite...I haven't gone through the whole thread, has the theory that these lights might be related to an upcoming earthquake? Or do earthquake lights appear differently?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That's really funny, they manage to travel through time and space arrive at Earth and start talking to street lamps?

Hello lampost, Watcha knowin?
Ain't ya got no rhymes for me?

(rotten lampost)
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5/2/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Maybe in their society, the Tallest and brightest shine for everyone, and rule over all the lower "lights"

You guy's would make BAD scientists...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Interesting. Strange patterns. If it was a blimp it's using some strange stealth technology.

Well, if it were attempting to use stealth technology, the plethora of lights seems to be rather counterintuitive.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Human_Alien
What I find most interesting is how it's position directly above the flashing light from the ground tower. The two (separate?) red flashing lights match up almost exactly. Would be interested in seeing other videos from other angles if they exist.

I dont know what the lights are, but this is a clear giveaway that its not aliens. The very idea that a light with pretty much the same exact properties as the red light on the "UFO" (albeit at a different timing) is.. odd.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join