It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a plane and likely NOT a blimp - SAN DIEGO LIGHTS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
If you take out the strobe...you have my attention, but it looks too much like a navi light. Why would a spaceship need that? Normally I love stuff like this...but Having trouble with this as a ufo....blimp type craft is my guess, but thanks for the post.....keep at it....

Well done for using your brain. There is no reason why a ship from another planet that isnt showing itself to everyone would have flashing lights (or any lights) on the outside of their hull. This BASIC tripping point is glossed over by UFO fanatics.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: kidcraig

And I am the ambassador of the ant-people.

Position lights
What: Also known as Anti-Collision lights, these lights are used for reference between pilots. Blue (some say it’s green… it’s not) on the right, and red on the left wing, these lights allow you to know where the conflict aircraft is in relation to you.
source

Also your source is from a virtual flight simulation page. Computer game.

Here is a reference from a flight school.
learntofly.ca...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Ohhh, wasn't there this huge air-carrier-zeppelin thing, the US was working on? What's it's name? Was that in San Diego?
Like this
video

Great picture! Too bad that whatever it is in the video doesn't look anything like it though

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
If you take out the strobe...you have my attention, but it looks too much like a navi light. Why would a spaceship need that? Normally I love stuff like this...but Having trouble with this as a ufo....blimp type craft is my guess, but thanks for the post.....keep at it....

Well done for using your brain. There is no reason why a ship from another planet that isnt showing itself to everyone would have flashing lights (or any lights) on the outside of their hull. This BASIC tripping point is glossed over by UFO fanatics.

Same here. OK so say it's terrestrial. What is it?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kidcraig
To the poster saying it's RC. Yeah could be those RC things with LEDs but that's quite a formation. Stable too.

Stable, but not that stable... And not a particularly impressive formation. Kinda randomly parked.

Check out the video I posted earlier - now THAT is precision flying.
edit on 1-5-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

i see them blue, but you're right that's probably a perception problem on my end.

a reply to: jamespond
Boah dude, really?

+

=

of course only as long as i totally ignore MCAS Miramar is about 10 miles outside san diego and the fact that the lockheed martins new hybrid arircraft pilots probably also need training...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Whatever you see in the sky you should never see both solid green (or in your case blue) and solid red at the same time unless it's coming at you. So I guess it's safe to say whatever this is, it's most likely multiple objects. The more I think about it the more I lean towards a bunch of RC quad copter enthusiasts. Each with a different lighting package. That to me anyway seems logical.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I never was in San Diego so I don't know what location I am looking at and if the direction could be right, or not, i just read someone else pointing out this could be radio towers in fog? Could that work?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I just dunno man! I live in Toronto and I know when we get fog I can't even see the CN Tower. The wide shot in this video seems like it's still a bit bright out. Looks clear to me?

I don't SEE a hill or any elevation but could it be staggered towers climbing a hill? Then some white and white/blue lights in the mix?

It's an interesting video. Shame on the news station for not giving us the whole thing.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The stobe lights pretty much are standard human aviation lights. The red steady lights would usually be one side if the craft and the other side is normally green but on this phone they look white.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say this as it looks nice.. but it looks like camera trickery. The lights in the sky bare too much resemblance to the lights in front of the window.. hence I believe this is a reflection of a reflection..

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

love the shadow holding all the lights together...just checking in and haven't filled in gaps since yesterday, so i assume someone has already enhanced the photo like this!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In UFOlogy, never trust a video camera that doesn't move.
edit on 1-5-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

Nope and i was seriously sarcastic, with that one. Now i need to step away from the laptop and think about it and...
Ahem maybe i snapped a version someone tampered with?
Are you for real? #, # Holy hell!

edit on 1-5-2015 by Peeple because: wtf

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Finally a UFO thread I'm excited about! And by nbc San Diego none the less!!
Maybeee the reason it has such an oddly similar color is the aliens are possibly at a higher vibration with a higher range in the color spectrum, and the color they picked for their sweet ride just appears to us actually as I'm typing this out I'm changing my answer to invisibility. But food for thought anyway haha a star for you

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't think it's the army blimp that someone else(Peeple?) posted either - the LEMV...but we should keep looking for similar in outline military blimp-drone craft.

edit on 5/1/2015 by drphilxr because: formatting

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The red light is flashing at almost the exact same frequency as the red light on top of the building below it.
edit on 1-5-2015 by charolais because: typo

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
The red light is flashing at almost the exact same frequency as the red light on top of the building below it.

True, but out of synch...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Some of my other aviation friends are with me in thinking this isn't actually flying or in the air. They think it could be an oil rig's reflection. Thoughts?

en.wikipedia.org...(mirage)#Mirages_seen_at_Lake_Ontario

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It looks like a blimp. Looking at the front of the blimp. with camera about 10 O'Clock. You can see the outline of the gondola, the windows in it, the front window of the gondola, the single headlight in the front of the gondola, the twin headlights slightly above and forward of it , lights all around the fuselage of the airbag, the stern (with correct flashing strobe of about 2 seconds), and tail lights on the rudders. Your are looking at an oblique view of port side, and if you could see the starboard side, there would be a green light there as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join